@trailblazer
Active 6 months, 3 weeks ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 758
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Writing about weddings and kissing and more! in the forum Romance 3 years, 1 month ago
Oh, and oops, there’s also normally cake.. but the three weddings I have been to didn’t serve it, lol. One had a s’mores bar instead xD
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Writing about weddings and kissing and more! in the forum Romance 3 years, 1 month ago
Umm… I can try to help, xD @everyoneelse please correct me if I’m wrong about anything..
1. Bridesmaids, groomsmen, the maid of honor, and the best man, plus the flower girl/s and ring bearer/s.. depends on how many people the couple knows and how big the wedding is going to be, but usually maybe 5-6 bridesmaids and 5-6…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic What do I do if my book sounds awful? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 1 month ago
Glad I could encourage ya, girl!! 😊
Here’s the link to his site: https://jerryjenkins.com/
-
hybridlore replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 1 month ago
Girl, I LOVE it!!!!! ❤️❤️
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Character commissions!! in the forum Art 3 years, 1 month ago
Ahh, girl, these look amazing!! I know you have a lot of requests already, but I would also love a character drawn when you have time! 😁
-
Esther replied to the topic Character commissions!! in the forum Art 3 years, 1 month ago
Oh my goodness he looks amazing!!! 😆 Thank you so much!!
-
Esther replied to the topic Character commissions!! in the forum Art 3 years, 1 month ago
@highscribeofatherium
Also, as a side note, I have absolutely no idea how long this might take. It could be later today, or it may be next week XD
I totally understand. 😉
-
Esther replied to the topic Character commissions!! in the forum Art 3 years, 1 month ago
*gasp* Yes pleaseee!!
I cannot draw people (or most things really) for the life of me, so I would love to see my character drawn. 😊
Alright… now which character to choose…..
Ok… Imma choose my villain 😆
His name his Derek Len. For a general description he’s 6’ 2’’, a slim but slightly muscular build, his hair is a ver…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic What do I do if my book sounds awful? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 1 month ago
I think every writer experience this more than once.
I’m not sure what everyone else has said, but here’s what I think.
First, step back and reevaluate some things. Why do you think your writing is terrible? Is it in comparison to somebody else’s, or is your inner editor just screaming out at you to fix everything? Keep in mind that…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic What do I do if my book sounds awful? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 1 month ago
I LOVE that quote!! I have that one at the top of my ideas document xD
-
hybridlore posted an update 3 years, 1 month ago
@crocheter12
Hi! So, I was told you started an anthology on YWW about identity, and Briley Webb is following a lot of what you did for that one with her Light through Darkness anthology. If you ever have time, could I ask you a couple questions about how publishing and rights worked for yours? -
hybridlore replied to the topic Using Scripture For Writing! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 1 month ago
@godlyfantasy
Oohh, awesome! Great idea!
-
hybridlore changed their profile picture 3 years, 1 month ago
-
hybridlore replied to the topic What do I do if my book sounds awful? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 1 month ago
Yesss girl it’s just a first draft!! Ally Carter talks about this in her writing book, and compares writing to running a faucet. At first, it’s just dirty water! But the longer you run it, the better it gets.
I agree with @highscribeofaetherium. Don’t worry about it too much for now. If you think something in particular isn’t working,…[Read more] -
Esther replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 1 month ago
I’m good with moving on too. 🙂
-
Esther replied to the topic Using Scripture For Writing! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 1 month ago
This sounds awesome! I’ll definitely be sticking around!
-
Esther replied to the topic Writing about weddings and kissing and more! in the forum Romance 3 years, 2 months ago
Um… I can’t really think of anything in particular at the moment, but maybe that’s because the few romances I’ve read have been really good. XD I do hate though when one of the people, typically the girl, starts making assumptions about the guy based on his actions and gets mad at him, not even letting him know why she’s m…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Writing about weddings and kissing and more! in the forum Romance 3 years, 2 months ago
Aww, cute!! 😊
-
Esther replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 2 months ago
😂😂
-
Esther replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 2 months ago
YES!! It would be so awesome!! While things in the world were a little weird, I still think the worldbuilding was really thought out and realistic. (Not realistic in the sense of, “I could totally see this happening in real life!” If you know what I mean. I’m not quite sure how to describe it. 😅)
- Load More

Oops accidentally deleted my last comment.
ANYWAY
(First off, how do you know me? Are you on YWW? How do you know I am doing an Identity anthology and Bry is doing a light in the darkness one? LOL just being careful:)
Yep!
Hah sorry, yeah I totally get that. I’m not on YWW, but I’m friends with Ava Murbarger, who told me about both anthologies and asked Briley if I could join the Light through Darkness one. I think we’ve talked on KP, but not much, lol. Hopefully that wasn’t too creepy for you.. xD
So anyway, she just told me that Briley was basically doing what…[Read more]
Meaning, I’m pretty sure I’ve seen you on KP before.. sorry if that was a little confusing.
Oh! Yes, I’m friends with Solfyre as well! Makes sense. I am doing both anthologies as well lol.
Wasn’t too creepy! I was just double checking and trying to figure out how you knew me LOL
Yep! It would be self publishing. Through lulu.com. That way, it can be distributed to amazon, barnesandnoble, and similar online stores. Go google Erin Hyl…[Read more]
Yep! 😁 Oh, awesome! Have you figured out what you’re writing about yet?
Yeahh, of course, that’s smart lol.
Oh, awesome! I’ll have to do that! So you would be able to sell physical copies through Amazon?
Right, that makes sense. So you still completely own the story, but you just can’t post it anywhere for six months after publishing.
Yeah!
Yep! For my Identity anthology, at least. For the Light in the Darkness, I have an idea. I just haven’t written it down.
Yep! Physical copies through Amazon! Again, go to amazon.com and google Erin Hylands and you’ll see books I’ve written:)
Yep!
Oh, cool! Yeah, I did! The website looks pretty cool, and I might have to check out your book sometime. Thanks for your help!!