Hello!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Pixie
    @pixie
      • Total Posts: 23

Greetings to the echo chamber! My Real name is Ariana (if you want the backstory, look up the princess from Theseus and the Minotaur– Ariana the Latin derivation of her name), and I’m a staunch Minnesota river valley girl. Favorite books (besides The Lord of the Rings and Narnia) include Megan Whalen Turner’s The Queen’s Thief, Elizabeth Marie Pope’s The Perilous Gard, and George Macdonald’s Curdie books. I’ve been reading Andrew Peterson’s Adorning the Dark and have been inspired to nose around my artistic and literary ambitions a little more, so that’s what brought me here after knowing about the site for years. My WIPs are The Quest of the Boy, a coming-of-age fairy tale novel, and The Earthling, a sort of anti-Interstellar ode to God’s Creation.

I’m also currently a chalk artist, and have worked with sketching, scrapbooking, illustrating, photography, painting, cake decorating… I love music in the form of singing, dancing, and playing piano. My desire is to use whatever artistic tools I have in my skillset to advance God’s Kingdom  and cultivate my own soul.

Smiley
      @smiley
        • Total Posts: 2179

@pixie

Hey!!!!! I’m Smiley (my real name is Miley) I’m a Christian homeschooled girl who loves writing. I also love softball exercising and stretching, and I’m also a Marvel fan girl.

and now some questions

Favorite book?

Do you have a WIP? If so what is it about?

Favorite movie?

Favorite show?

Do you like Marvel?

Have you written any Fanfics? (I only have like eighty XD)

Do you make Aesthetic boards? (I have way to many)

Oxygen shortage

do your part, hold your breath

Smiley
        @smiley
          Pixie
          @pixie

Well Hi, Smiley!

The first two questions I did already mention, unless I have to be more specific.
            The third question: I am a fan of Tom Cruise’s The Last Samurai (the culture, the soundtrack, the story, the epicness). Obviously, Princess Bride, Lord of the Rings, um, Pirates of Penzance, to name a few favorites.
            I prefer movies to shows. But I do like some of Marvel’s stuff, especially the Captain thread, and my three sisters and I all have Marvel nicknames (Thor, Black Widow, Cap, and Brucie). Obviously you’re a Wanda fan, I see– that’s the character my personality type is supposed to be last I checked 🙂
            My aesthetic boards are spread between my sketchbooks and my Pinterest boards…

MineralizedWritings
            @mineralizedwritings
              • Total Posts: 2801

@pixie

Hello and welcome! I’m Min around here, aspiring graphic novelist, owner of too many wip ideas, speedcuber sometimes, and child of God!

A couple questions for you:

How long have you been writing, and what is your favorite part about it?

Are snakes cool?

What has been the highlight of your summer?

へびは かっこいい です!

Pixie
              @pixie

Hey! Nice to meet you.

Snakes are controversial, but highly interesting since about Genesis 3. Would be open to conversation.

I’ve been writing as long as I’ve been in homeschool, I guess– in my senior year I had to flesh out a short story I wrote in my junior year, and have been working on it off and on these four years since! It’s been a good journey, but I’d like to turn in the assignment at some point.

Highlight of the summer: either watching my younger sister recover, by God’s grace, from a major neck break after falling from a horse (she gets her neckbrace off next week!!) or the opportunity to display my chalk art in our town art gallery for a month (right across the street from where I work). Both have been really cool ways to watch God’s hand at work through unusual means, and there’s been a lot of great food for thought and conversation starters from both of those in the community.
                What about you?

Smiley
                @smiley

@pixie

Yeah Wanda is defiantly my fav

and the Captain America movies are some of the best, I specifically like Civil War, although it’s more of a… avenger movie XD

Yeah, I have… way too many Pinterest boards XD

Oxygen shortage

do your part, hold your breath

Pixie
                  @pixie

So what is it about Wanda that attracts you?
                    I have to say I love the philosophical dynamic between Steve Rogers and Tony Stark. It’s so real, and both characters are so gripping, lovable, and intense. The way they drive the action forward in the Avenger movies is fascinating to watch. Can’t say I love everything about the Avenger plotlines, but I do love the way some of those relationship arcs build.
                    Pinterest is a handy way to organize visual ideas. But it’s definitely an eyetrap, too, so I try to stay away when I’m not using it as a tool…

Anonymous
                      • Total Posts: 110

@pixie

It’s great to meet you! I’m Joy. I love your real name, by the way—it’s so beautiful! I hope you have an amazing time here at the Kingdom of Pen.

Mackenzie
                      @mackenzie
                        • Total Posts: 34

@pixie

Hi Ariana! Welcome!😊 I’m Mackenzie. I love my dogs, sunset walks, and unputdownable books. I enjoy both historical fiction and fantasy, and tend to yoyo between the two. I like a good mystery/suspense novel every once in a while as well.

I haven’t read a George MacDonald book in years! He was my favorite author once upon a time. (Now I have more than I can keep track of.😄 You know how it goes.) I think I only read the second Curdie book, but it was a gem.

A few questions for you:

What type of music do you like to listen to when you write?

Out of the two WIP’s you mentioned, which one is your favorite?

Do you include romance in your writing?

You sound like a wonderfully creative person! And I admire your desire to use your skills for God’s Kingdom.😊 It’s lovely to meet you!

Allison
                        @acancello
                          • Total Posts: 838

@pixie

Welcome Ariana! I’m Acancello, also known as Allison! I’m homeschooled and  I love guinea pigs, dogs, traveling, acting, trying weird food, writing, reading, talking and a lot more 😁! I’m so glad you could come to Kingdom Pen!  Oooh! I love to scrapbook and cake decorate and photography also (Mainly I do it for my blog) OK, now I’ll ask you some hopefully not already asked questions 🙂

What’s your favorite book series?

Do you like to do any sports? If not, do you have any other activities you like to do?

How often do you like to write?

Nice to meet you and I hope you love KP!!

HighScribe
                          @highscribeofaetherium
                            • Total Posts: 2230

@pixie

Hey!! Nice to meet you!! This may sound strange, but you have a beautiful name!!

I’m HighScribeOfAetherium aka Bridget.

I love The Queen’s Thief!! And LOTR and Narnia ofc. Adorning the Dark is a wonderful book!! I’m currently reading his other nonfiction, The God of the Garden.
                            I play piano, too!! I also like to sing, but only when nobody’s listening lol 😛

Highlight of the summer: either watching my younger sister recover, by God’s grace, from a major neck break after falling from a horse (she gets her neckbrace off next week!!)

Oh no!! 😨 I’m glad she’s ok!! That must have been terrifying!!

And now, for the pies de resistaunce (I probably spelled that so wrong XD), questions!! I see you’ve already got a lot, so I’ll keep it short.

1. Best joke you’ve ever heard??

2. How many states/foreign countries have you been to (not counting passing through)

3. IS A HOTDOG A SANDWICH??

Welcome to KP!! I’ll see you around!! 😊

It's harder to make a square evil than it is a triangle.

Annoying side character of the KP cast.

hybridlore
                            @hybridlore
                              • Total Posts: 1359

@pixie

Hi! I’m hybridlore, a Christian teenage homeschooled girl, writer (haha obviously), and lover of books, apple pie, and dogs!

Your WIPs sound cool! I don’t think I’ve ever read any of those books lol, but I might check them out! I loved the Wingfeather Saga, though, so I might read Andrew Peterson’s other stuff.

Wow, lots of art xD I love drawing and painting too, and have not made many cakes on my own, but I love watching this lady do it on YouTube 😅. Her name is Natalie Sideserf, you should really look her up if you haven’t heard of her!

Also, we’ve got an art forum, so if you ever want to post some of your art… 🙂

And you have a LOT of questions already, so I’ll just say, welcome to Kingdom Pen! We’re glad to have you!! 🎉🎉

There is always light behind the clouds.
                              - Little Women, Louisa May Alcott

TheArcaneAxiom
                              @thearcaneaxiom
                                • Total Posts: 1251

@pixie

Hi Ariana, welcome to KP!

I’m the Arcane Axiom, I love math, finding fundamental divine truth, and exploring that in my writing. I read/write sci-fi/fantasy, and I’m currently working on a multiverse with my sister called the Septrum.

Your faith in the Lord is so beautiful! Your sister is in our prayers; God really is good!

Questions:

Do you lean towards soft or hard worldbuilding? (Soft meaning more open ended possibility where anything can happen, think Studio Ghibli, or hard meaning all the ins and outs are defined and well understood by the readers, think Tolkien.)

What is your favorite concept you’ve come up with in any of your WIPs, in terms of worldbuilding, characters, plot, ect?

Since you like both LotR and Narnia, what are your thoughts on the debate of allegories?

And last but not least:

Why does a doctor want me to be sick, a lawyer want me to get sued, a cop want me to commit a crime, but a thief wants me to be better off?

He is perfect in Justice, yet He is perfect in Mercy, even when we fail Him. For this, He is good.

Keilah H.
                                @keilah-h
                                  • Total Posts: 3875

@pixie Hello!

I’m Keilah. I get that snakes are controversial, but I like them if they’re not the big venomous kinds.

-So you’ve seen Interstellar, and that’s what inspired you to write a “Christian perspective version”? Are you going to add the fourth-dimension aspect? Because that’s actually a real scientific concept (and thus a part of God’s creation), it was just exaggerated for the sake of the movie.

(oh, and by the way, even if you hated the movie, the soundtrack is great by itself. I’m actually listening to it right now.)

-You like art? So do I!! Been making short comics recently.

-OOH, Marvel. Just got back into that because my dad is having my family watch some of them for a reason I can’t disclose yet. Who’s your all-time favorite character?

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >