@trailblazer
Active 6 months, 3 weeks ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 758
-
Esther replied to the topic Hi. I'm RAE in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 12 months ago
Actually, I don’t think those questions have been asked before. Congrats!
Sweet. 😎 *high-fives myself*
Who is your favorite character to write and why? Nahim Alfred Nayhelm, last of his family-clan. I know him as well as if he were my sibling (except whether he would like vanilla or chocolate ice cream, as far as I know, he’s never had it.…
-
-GRCR- posted an update 2 years, 12 months ago
*when you’re writing something sad, and you break your own heart*
-
Brianne replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 12 months ago
They are SO good. I’ve probably listened to the whole series four or five times, and read/listened to selective books when I get bored. My sister and I listened to the whole series with my dad a few years ago, and he loved them (he cried), and my mom is almost finished reading On the Edge of the Dark Sea to all of us kids. My favorite…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic My Work In Progress in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 12 months ago
That’s a great idea! The problem is, on my google account I have, it’s my school account and the docs I make can’t be shared with anyone else that has a non school account. I will, however now post the link to my “reedsy” account, (it’s like google docs, but no one can edit or comment.
h ttps://editor.reedsy.com/s/p8SdhuQ Copy and paste…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Writing abuse in an allegory in the forum Plotting 2 years, 12 months ago
Well, I’ve asked myself that question multiple times. So since it’s an allegory, I think it was needed to show that God accepts us out of many different situations and no matter what we’ve been told, we’re always loved. It also builds the romantic aspect between the two MC’s because one comforts the other during flashbacks (thought…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Writing abuse in an allegory in the forum Plotting 2 years, 12 months ago
Well, I’ve asked myself that question multiple times. So since it’s an allegory, I think it was needed to show that God accepts us out of many different situations and no matter what we’ve been told, we’re always loved. It also builds the romantic aspect between the two MC’s because one comforts the other during flashbacks (thought…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic My Work In Progress in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 12 months ago
I forgot to mention that most of the things that you’ll find wrong with this thread have already been mentioned by others and have been either fixed or the chapters deleted and replaced.
I deleted the paragraphs about the races, and fixed multiple other problems. Maybe I need to make a new thread for the new and improved WIP, lol.
-
Brianne's profile was updated 2 years, 12 months ago
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 12 months ago
Yess!!! Read and reread them, they’re amazing. My family might be starting the first one as a read aloud, too! 😁 I’ve been trying to get my siblings to read them forever. Who’s your favorite character?
-
Brianne replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 12 months ago
Yeah, violists don’t have an E string.
Oh, nice! Man, it’ll take me forever to figure out what to put down there. So many books have so many good quotes!
I know this is kind of random, but have you ever read The Wingfeather Saga?
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Writing abuse in an allegory in the forum Plotting 2 years, 12 months ago
I don’t really know much about abuse effects or anything like that other than I’ve read in books, thankfully. One thing I would ask is, is it absolutely necessary to the plot/character? Because I think that can really easily become a cliched, sort of stereotypical in books, so if you’re just throwing it in there to make the…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Hi everyone! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 12 months ago
Hi Nevaeh! It’s nice to meet you!
I’m hybridlore on here, or just Hybrid, a Christian, violinist, and sci-fi/dystopian writer. I’m also a homeschooler and enjoy doing lots of things! 😁
Okay, maybe you can revive the nonfiction section on here… I don’t know exactly what’s going on over there, but I don’t think it’s used very often.…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 12 months ago
Yeah, I definitely like viola better, because of the sound, I guess. I don’t really know, but it just fits me better.
Yeah, I get that. It’s really similar to violin, just a little deeper, right? I don’t think you have an E string.
My inspiration for my WIP was a bunch of different books and one of my friends, who loves to imagine a…
-
-GRCR- changed their profile picture 2 years, 12 months ago
-
-GRCR- posted an update 2 years, 12 months ago
I have been up since 2 in the morning (CST). *screams*
-
-GRCR-'s profile was updated 3 years ago
-
-GRCR- replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
Lol 😀
Same. I really like to read and write third person, but first is really cool too. I struggle to write in it, though.
Interesting! (I think you are the first person that said world first! 😅)
-
Brianne replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
Hello!
IÂ completely agree about loving your characters so much you wish they were real people. I honestly do that more with books I’ve read, because I don’t have many well-developed characters, and in my current WIP, all of the main characters are based on people I know.
To answer your questions:
If you consider characters I was writing…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic My Work In Progress in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
Okay, I’m using mani/mahnith. Thanks!
I know you asked me to tag you, so here’s the “thread” about my current WIP! If you read through all the comments (a daunting task, and don’t do it unless you REALLY WANT TO), you will find exerpts from my novel that I have revised and/or have replaced other chapters.
Sorry this…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Writing abuse in an allegory in the forum Plotting 3 years ago
Okay!
I agree that it’s the best to have your parents’ on board about the topics you write about but I just don’t really have that. For example, my mom is very sensitive to reading about sad things, so she puts herself in the character’s place when she reads my stories, and it’s just hard for her to read. Same with…[Read more]
- Load More

@grcr
I feel that! I almost cry when I read sad parts that I have written, lol
lol 😅