-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Characteristic Lines in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 11 months ago
@power Ha! I love those lines!
-
Elanor replied to the topic What's your biggest strength and weakness as a writer? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 11 months ago
@kathleenramn
For me my biggest weakness would be that I’m terrible at getting what I’m seeing in my head into words. I’ve had the same book I’ve been trying to work on for 3-4 years and only have 3 or 4 chapters on it (a chapter a year. Lol). @koshka I can totally relate to you.
I’d say my strength would be world building. I almost have a bo…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Characteristic Lines in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 11 months ago
@Lydia-s Great idea! And I love your character’s lines. I’ll pick Rinzler (a character I made with my brother):
“How fun is that. Bring it on!”
“Hey! You guys there?”
“Nah, they’re occupied.”
Rinzler (also known as Terabyte) is a stubborn, headstrong, wild character. He’s 17, and enjoys racing motorcycles he built himself, as well as listening…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Guten Tag! in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
@imwritehere1920 I’ve been writing a fanfic that I’m posting on a writing website. I really enjoy writing it and hope to finish it soon! I’m also in the process of world-building with my brother on my fantasy/dystopian/sci-fi novel’s universe. I haven’t started writing it yet–but I hope to soon!
-
Anatra replied to the topic Greetings From Myself (And a Brief Introduction to My Works) in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
The curriculum sounds like fun! I pray you’ll be able to crank out the details.
Piano is beautiful.
Those books sound so complicated to be doing all at once.
-
Anatra replied to the topic Characteristic Lines in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 11 months ago
*rubs hands together evilly* This could be fun…
Also I love those lines XD very funny and very intriguing.
“Ladies, Ladies, please. We all know it’s past your bedtime, and we’re all getting temperamental. We need a leader…”
“Leave me out of this. Your problem”
“Kiara. That’s my name. They’d take you and kill me, and you wante…
-
Anatra replied to the topic This is Koshka, and these are her books in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
Good poetry advice. That’s kind of what I’ve found free-writing or pantsing my book looks like.
Ikr? Wearing socks inside out is fine with me, but the holes–no matter how I try and patch them up–I can’t XD
You can tag the person you’re responding to if you want. It just notifies them (usually via email) that you’re addressing them.…[Read more]
-
Jodi Maile replied to the topic This is Koshka, and these are her books in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
@koshka I love C.S. Lewis too! I used to have a list of poets/poetry that I liked, I’ll be sure to send some of my favorites your way if I find it again 🙂
-
Kads replied to the topic What's your biggest strength and weakness as a writer? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 11 months ago
@kathleenramm Hmmm… Bren, Marge, & Ripley are the ones I know the best. Those guys are my oldest characters/the ones I’ve had around for the longest, so I know them better than I do my other ones (lol sorry guys). My friend and I like to joke a lot about what Bren or Marge might say and do. I definitely know them better than my other characters.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Hey! in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
@melancholic-writer I love dragons too. And tigers are awesome! And yes, I don’t like horror either. But there are some other great genres out there! What are your favorite books/movies?
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Guten Tag! in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
@imwritehere1920 I’ve been pretty good. How about you?
-
Jodi Maile replied to the topic Hey! in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
@melancholic-writer I majored in English in college, and I minored in history because I thought it would give me more content for stories (which it did!) so…yeah! It was challenging but definitely worth it
That’s cool! I definitely feel the struggle trying to find time to write haha, I am also just coming out of a writing break and I’ve been…[Read more]
-
Jodi Maile replied to the topic This is Koshka, and these are her books in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
Hello! Welcome to the Kingdom! I’m Jodi, I write a lot of things but fantasy, historical fiction, and dystopia are my go-to genres.
I have to tell you that I love the sound of your books!! They totally sound like something I would have stayed up waaaay too late reading when I was in middle school and had more time to read 🙂
I also love…[Read more]
-
Jodi Maile replied to the topic Greetings From Myself (And a Brief Introduction to My Works) in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
@elishavet-pidyon Helloooo! Welcome to the Kingdom! My name is Jodi, I write fantasy, historical fiction, and sometimes dystopia.
I love the sound of your poetry, especially by the squirrel poet. Are you a fan of the Redwall series, by any chance?
I am also learning to play the piano! It’s slowly getting easier but also harder as I force myself…[Read more]
-
Jodi Maile replied to the topic Hey! in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
Hi Tasha! Welcome to the Kingdom. My name is Jodi, and I write fantasy, historical fiction, and the occasional dystopian piece. I was homeschooled pretty much my whole life and I just graduated from college this year! 🙂
I love fairytale retellings! What other kinds of fantasy stories do you usually write?
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Guten Tag! in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
@imwritehere1920 @not-so-secret-secret-assassin @reaganramm I wonder if anyone’s still here……
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Greetings From Myself (And a Brief Introduction to My Works) in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
@elishavet-pidyon Hello! Your poetry based off your stories sounds interesting! And the fact you created your world with your siblings is cool! I have one younger brother, and he and I have a HUGE timeline for our Lego stories. We have plenty of weird and wonderful characters:
- A squad of Star Wars soldiers who have given up fighting and now own…
-
Anatra replied to the topic Hey! in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
Hullo and welcome!
Totally agree with you–rather fly. That is and interesting sounding WIP (both the Cinderella one and the fantasy novel)
What’s the name of your fantasy book? -
Anatra replied to the topic This is Koshka, and these are her books in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
Hullo! Nice to meet you.
Those sound like some pretty dramatic books 🙂
I am so bad at poetry XD I’ve tried, and I’ve failed. Knowing me I’ll prolly try again in the next year or so, learn nothing, and fail again lol.
Random question if you will, how do you feel about wearing socks inside out, with holes?
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Hey! in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
@melancholic-writer Hi there, Tasha! I’m Keilah (even though my username shows that quite obviously). I’m 14 but will be 15 next year. Your stories sound cool! I have an idea for a “mildly dystopian” fantasy novel, but I’m still worldbuilding on it. I’ll ask a few questions:
- What’s your favorite mythical or extinct animal? My favorites are…
- Load More
