Greetings From Myself (And a Brief Introduction to My Works)

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Greetings From Myself (And a Brief Introduction to My Works)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Elishavet Pidyon
    @elishavet-pidyon
      • Total Posts: 1014

Hello, I’m Elishavet Pidyon, or at least, that’s my username, which will do quite well. I started writing my first book a few years ago based in the world my siblings and I created when we were younger. It has three chapters, so I haven’t done much with it yet. Maybe I’ll finish it someday, but whether I do or not, it got me hooked on writing. Now I have four books I’m writing, and a seedling of another just popped up.

…And I’d better stop talking about my books and move on.

I write poetry as well, mostly from the countries I’ve created. For example, I have two by the squirrel poet Twigliss, and one marching song from the war borne country of Dorwin.

I am also trying to write some curriculum for our children’s church. This is the project I’ve experienced the worst writer’s block in; I desperately need help here!!!

I love to draw, in fact, one of my earliest memories includes a pen and wallpaper. That poor wallpaper.

I am learning to play the piano, and enjoy good music from Moztart to praise. (Not that I can play Motzart)

Oh, I don’t care for pineapple on pizza, but I would much rather pepperoncini (I give my pineapple to my twin)

So, hello everyone!

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

Scoutillus Finch
      @scoutfinch180
        • Total Posts: 413

@elishavet-pidyon

Pleasure to meet you!

I am @ScoutFinch180. I am 19 years old and recently graduated high school. I love fantasy as well and have roughly 6 completed stories, two short stories approximately 8,000 words long, and then some pieces of flash fiction 500 to 1000+ words long. I’ve written much more than that in the form of miscellaneous and numerous poems and scenes of novels i have yet to write. I tried to write a novel but my creativity dried up before the ending, so i put it on the back burner for my current WIP, a sci-fi (at least sci-fi esque) story about a troubled criminal and his brother.

Your world sounds so fascinating! what is your story about?

We crazy people are the normal ones.

Anatra
        @anatra23
          • Total Posts: 211

@elishavet-pidyon

Hullo! Welcome!

I like that poetry concept! You came up with those characters?
          You’re creating a biblical curriculum? That sounds so cool! Is it based off of anything specific?

RIP the wallpaper. But *ah* the memories…

I love to play piano!! Mozart is one of my favorite classical musicians! I can’t play many of his pieces, but I’m getting there. Do you take lessons?

Keilah H.
          @keilah-h
            • Total Posts: 3875

@elishavet-pidyon Hello! Your poetry based off your stories sounds interesting! And the fact you created your world with your siblings is cool! I have one younger brother, and he and I have a HUGE timeline for our Lego stories. We have plenty of weird and wonderful characters:

• A squad of Star Wars soldiers who have given up fighting and now own a farm which has goats, chickens, and creatures my brother created called hunterclones
            •  A half-dragon, half-man character called Flame–dragonmen are supposed to be super fierce, but Flame is afraid of everything!
            • A whole villain group, called the Icebreakers, made entirely by my brother
            • Tons of talking dinosaurs (especially Jurassic World Raptors)
            • An extremely annoying, color-changing parrot called Trouble

…and a lot more that I forget. What are your favorite characters from your worlds?

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Jodi Maile
            @jodi-maile
              • Total Posts: 138

@elishavet-pidyon Helloooo! Welcome to the Kingdom! My name is Jodi, I write fantasy, historical fiction, and sometimes dystopia.

I love the sound of your poetry, especially by the squirrel poet. Are you a fan of the Redwall series, by any chance?

I am also learning to play the piano! It’s slowly getting easier but also harder as I force myself to learn more challenging pieces XD

Anyway, it’s great to meet you! See you around the forums 🙂

Elishavet Pidyon
              @elishavet-pidyon

Hi there, it’s good to meet you.

As for my story(which one, all of them?)…. Warning: prepare for a long ramble.

An introduction to The Kingdoms of Animalia. (We made it with our stuffed animals) My only story in this world follows Cendrick, a young cat orphaned by the plague durring the rise of the cat kights and the Fortress Wars against dog aggression. This is the tale that got me started, and I still want to finish it. I just don’t have a good plot.

An introduction to the Fractured Kingdom. My second is a deeply aligorical work inspired by Chuck Black’s Knights of Arrethtrae. It follows Aethelthryth, daughter of a serf turned knight (pastor), on her journey to serve the King. It deals with identity, intercession, and false doctrine.

An Introduction to Eirtan. On the island of Yartas lived three siblings: Viktor, Alyona, and Nadian. They might have thought they were different in the beginning, what with looking suspiciously like orphaned refugees from Eirtan adopted  by a poor farming couple, but when they learn they’re really the children of the late monarchs of Eirtan…and there’s a bounty on their heads… they find out what set apart means!

My last is about a group of squirrels embarking on an adventure in search of the land of Belliriegn and the Purple Rills. This is the world Twigliss is from.

So, there’s the bases of all four of my books. That might have been more than asked for, and I will admit, I love talking about book ideas, ideas for books, and ideal books!

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

Elishavet Pidyon
                @elishavet-pidyon

In answer to the other posts I only saw when it was too late to add to my former.

The Curriculum

Yes, I have two things in mind. The synopsis of the first, Attack! Spiritual Warfare, is that we are citizens of King Jesus and living in enemy occupied territory till He returns *air raids included*. The second’s is walking by faith and in the Spirit, and is set in a submarine with sonar and listening rooms. I “just” have to write out lessons.

About piano, I am taking lessons online, and trying to learn to read music on my own. Like to play with the piano the most.

About My Poetry and Twigliss

Of my poetry that is book related, most of it is song, but some isn’t, and that’s where Twigliss comes in. Ah, Twigliss, what to say? His work was significant in that it established the mode of poetry built with unconnected phrases put together to tell a story. Yes, he and the Dorwins are my creations.

My Favorite Characters

Oh, that’s hard, but I’ll try!

Stalkworth:(Animalia) mentor to Cendrick. His dry humor tickles me every time I write a scene he’s in.

Aethelthryth:(Kingdom) She struggles in things I do, so she becomes a sort of friend.

Eagle whohasn’tgotanameyet:(Eirtan) with a nine foot wingspan, he’s slightly large for a Mountain Guardian Eagle. He belonged to the sibling’s father and finds Victor later in the book. He is in no way human and can’t speak. He’s just awesome.

Anatra
                  @anatra23
                    • Total Posts: 211

@elishavet-pidyon

The curriculum sounds like fun! I pray you’ll be able to crank out the details.

Piano is beautiful.

Those books sound so complicated to be doing all at once.

Scoutillus Finch
                    @scoutfinch180
                      • Total Posts: 413

Those sound fascinating!

I wish you the best of luck in your curriculum endeavors. That’s definitely a hefty task.

I love piano! My sister is learning it too. I am learning guitar.

We crazy people are the normal ones.

Elishavet Pidyon
                      @elishavet-pidyon

Thank you. I am trying to go through them in prayer.  Yes, my books are probably a bit complicated to try for at once, which might be one reason I have so little beaten out. In truth, I don’t work on them all equally. Eirtan has the most done in it, even with a destination in sight. Confession: I plant story seedlings better than growing them into trees.

Trahia the Minstrel
                        @trahia-the-minstrel
                          • Total Posts: 193

Hi, Elishavet!

Tráhia the Minstrel here.🙂 I think all your story ideas sound cool, but the one that makes me laugh is the fact that one of your worlds is called Eirtan, and I have a city in my book called Iertan.

It seems we have a similar bent in made-up names 😁

On a side note, I don’t suppose you could help me through the process of getting a profile pic onto my profile? Every photo I’ve tried has brought up an error code … do they have to be a certain size?

The end of a story, a beautiful picture; a feeling of longing yet hope~
                          That’s my wish to create.

Elishavet Pidyon
                          @elishavet-pidyon

Hi there, @trahia-the-minstrel, it’s very nice to meet you!

That is so funny, what is your tale about, and how is lertan pronounced? Here’s a bit more on Eirtan:  [eeir tahn(r is flapped with EIr said farther back in the mouth)]a country, the head in the two brother-nations of Eirtan and Yartas, main enemy? Dorwin.

I would be glad to help, if I can! Are you using a picture from a camera? (ie. I just took a photo of a drawing with my phone and uploaded it on my phone.)

By the by, I love that you’re a ‘minstrel’. My twin and I started to write a play and my Favorite Character is a minstrel-knight/fool named Foxwit. His really real name is John, but only his sister knows that.

Trahia the Minstrel
                            @trahia-the-minstrel
                              • Total Posts: 193

I know right? It’s nice to meet you too!  @elishavet-pidyon, I think I pronounce Iertan like this: (Ier [like in ier in heir] tin.) Though sometimes I do slip and say it like (Yier-tin)

My tale is about this —

A Usurper’s Heir. A True Prince. Two Families, One Kingdom …

… But What If Each So-Called Prince Were the Hero?

What If Neither Were the Rightful Heir?

*cue amazing trailer in my head that would take forever to create in reality …*

I finally figured out the profile pic thing — it just wasn’t working yesterday, for some reason. Not sure why. Oh well. Thanks for the advice!

I’m not sure how much a ‘minstrel’ I am in real life😂 I can play piano, I have a violin I can play very poorly, and I can squeak some sort of semblance to a tune on an ocarina. Beyond that, I have occasionally sounded like a very horrible train whistle on a tin-whistle.😂 I do like singing, though. (Tbh the reason I choose this as my username is cause there’s a character in my MS called Tráhia the Minstrel.)
                              I think it’s cool you wrote a play with a minstrel type character!

You have a twin? That’s so cool! I have two characters who are fraternal twins in my MS. The boy’s one of my protagonists, and his twin sister is a important part of the plot, too. Perhaps sometime you could tell me what it’s like to have a twin?

*cue mysterious music* I too am a twin in a sense — I have a brother who is exactly 8 years older than me. We were both born on the same day, just 8 years apart — and we always celebrate our birthdays together, which is fun!😊 (Completely not twins, lol 😂 )

The end of a story, a beautiful picture; a feeling of longing yet hope~
                              That’s my wish to create.

Elishavet Pidyon
                              @elishavet-pidyon

Aye, (oh dear, this is what happens when I start thinking medievally) I understand about the username thing. We are all varying degrees of our pen names. Truly, someone else on here can’t really be a dark-furred, fluffy snake-eating creature. It’s the thought behind it all …

About being a twin, let’s see. First of all, there are different degrees of closeness, if you will. For me it’s like having a best friend who can (usually) tell at a glance what I think.

It’s good to know your profile picture is working, and your books sound highly interesting. If only a good trailer could be made by mere thought!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                              >