@theducktator
Active 1 week, 6 days ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1930
-
Ruth replied to the topic The Baron Chronicles in the forum Short Story Critiques 1 year, 7 months ago
thx.
I did have a scene before this one, but I didn’t deem it ready for posting, since there are a few things I want to smooth out first. Hopefully that scene will make it flow better.
-
Ruth replied to the topic The Baron Chronicles in the forum Short Story Critiques 1 year, 7 months ago
@ellette-giselle @hybridlore @whalekeeper @keilah-h
Sorry for not posting in eight days. I hit Writer’s Block while trying to edit the next story to go on here and writing the next one 🙁
I’m not sure how long until I can post the full thing, but until then, I’m gonna post a snippet of the next…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic Thoughts: Art, Illustrating, &c. in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
Very nice! I really like the squirrel. The scientist is another one of my favourites. Your watercolour is good. That is a style I would like to get into, but never have gotten around to.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
@linus-smallprint you’re welcome! Looking forward to book 2!
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
@theducktator RIP pennies.
Although I heard the reason was because copper and zinc and whatever else they were using to make ’em was getting too expensive for a coin whose value is 1 cent.
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The potato army WIP. in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
You’re welcome!
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
Thanks for the feedback! I thing I will go with this then.
In regards to your suggestion, Ellette, I think I might go with something that. I noticed in those paragraphs, I had fallen back into the narration style I used in the first draft. (Awkward! Overly Defensive!) This is probably part of why it feels odd to you.…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic TNPT: The Sword – Outlining in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 1 year, 7 months ago
@ellette-giselle @theducktator
Thanks for the feedback! I feel like everything is coming together now. I’m going to try to get this outline polished this week so that I can send it off to my editor for her thoughts.
Ducktator, did you see that note I added on the idea of using a slave to push Alan in the direction of trusting and obeying The…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The potato army WIP. in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
Sorry I took a while to get back to you.
Of the projects you shared, The Kingdom of Kaimor sounds the most interesting to me. (Like Keilah, I like animal-hybrid races) Horror/Thrillars aren’t my thing, so A Cellar’s tales and P.I.-C.A.F.E are probably the least appealing. I did read that bit of A Cellar’s tales that you sha…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Woods of Rosen in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
Sorry it took me a day to get back to you. Even though you said you didn’t like this first chapter much, I think it has potential. It introduces the characters and their world pretty well. It is a very short chapter. Is that normal throughout the book, or is this the exception? It’s fine to have shorter chapters, but I think it might…[Read more]
-
Andrew replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
Feb. 15 sounds good, thx
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Flash Fiction Critique Needed!!! in the forum Short Story Critiques 1 year, 7 months ago
@esther-c Gotcha! A P.S. would be fun, but it might lessen the impact of the ending, so it depends on what you do. As it is right now, it doesn’t scream “actual letter” to me. It’s kind of like a thank-you-note (not exactly, but I don’t know how else to explain it.) or just a note. With a word count as short as yours, that’s fine, but maybe it’d…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Woods of Rosen in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
@theshadow hmmmm….Interesting! we’ll have to see where it goes.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
My drawing from two days ago turned into a sort of comic. My favorite part is for some reason the feathers flying around the sound effect.
I was gonna say “slight unrealistic blood warning” then I realized my camera barely picked it up lol

Gonna use it as an illustration for my fic, specifically this scene:
…we sprinted past the window,…
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
@loopylin yesss I remember those!!
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Character Name Help in the forum Characters 1 year, 7 months ago
@theshadow lol they’re nothing like each other but hey, that works.
@the_lost-journal funny enough I don’t find those guy names ugly.
They make me think of grumpy old men, but not necessarily in an “ugly” kinda way.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
@the_lost-journal awww that’s cute!
-
Esther replied to the topic Flash Fiction Critique Needed!!! in the forum Short Story Critiques 1 year, 7 months ago
It looks great! This was a cool idea. I think you did a good job inserting a theme into such a tiny paragraph. Out of curiosity, how much do you have left in the word count?
Thanks!! Oh yes, that was so hard! I was going to keep it lighthearted and goofy, and then I was like, Hold on. And tried something a little different. 😛
Ummm… a…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The potato army WIP. in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
Wow, that was creepy. I guess I don’t like horror. But it was pretty well-written, I think. It was cool how you tied the ending into the beginning.
If you want feedback faster in the future, I would tag people, otherwise your post gets buried underneath all the other topics and we have to go scrolling for it. Although, if you e…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
Lolol! I would ask @jonas since he’s the leader of the Adventure one. I don’t know who’s in charge of the others… I’m sure @whalekeeper would know.
- Load More
