-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic How many stories/books have you written? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
I have completed one short story. I have started writing…Only one other story, I think? But I have planned and done a lot of thinking about…let’s see, about…at least an additional four. I’ve been working on the same project for the last five years, and it’s gone through many changes, but it’s never reached completion.
I 1…[Read more]
-
HighScribe replied to the topic How many stories/books have you written? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
@ellie-wingfeather
Exactly zero. (Unless you count the super cringey ‘Pontoon Boat Catastrophe’ which I wrote when I was seven. It can be found in the ‘what’s the cringiest thing you’ve ever written’ topic) -
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ posted an update 2 years, 8 months ago
@esther-c Hey…I was wondering if you’ve looked at my writing yet? (I’m not trying to nag you or anything XD just wondering if you still wanted to do it?) I know you’re probably busy…but just wondering (:
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 8 months ago
Heyy! I’m Sara, though most people around here call me…well, they call me Sara. XD
Anyways, I’m a chocolate consuming, emotionally unstable, sleep deprived, algebra loving, public school attending freshman!
Here are some random questions:
Do you ever talk to yourself?
Have you ever subconsciously narrated parts of your…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Revolutionary War story idea in the forum Historical 2 years, 8 months ago
@whalekeeper @esther-c @trailblazer
Okay…I think I’m just not good at saying what I mean. Let me try again, haha!
But Esther has a good point of view, that publishers are also looking for well-written material to a degree, because readers like good writing, and therefore good writing will sell. I’m not saying all readers have quality taste, but…
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Revolutionary War story idea in the forum Historical 2 years, 8 months ago
So ummm…. There’s a reason they reject you… it’s because your writing’s not good enough (for the most part). So yeahhh… And if you’re going to be a good writer, you have to learn how to deal with rejection. If you can’t, then… I’m sorry. XD Anyway, that’s just what I was thinking during the whole video and I wanted to rant about i…
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 8 months ago
Well, I’m not good at coming up with questions, but I noticed that most people seem to use the same ones all the time, so I figured I could do that.
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic The Ildin Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 8 months ago
Ohhhhh! Yeah, I’ve peaked into that RP, but it’s not my type of thing. I do remember that name.
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 8 months ago
Welcome to KP! I’m Jonas, more enigmatically known as Cloaked Mystery. I write mostly in the fantasy genre, but usually with hard rules that verge on sci-fi. I like creating magic systems, usually hard ones, but I have a few soft-ish ones. My current project, which I am working on with my sister, @highscribeofaetherium, is a…[Read more]
-
HighScribe replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 8 months ago
Hi! Nice to meet you, Trilliane! I’m Bridget, aka HighScribe, aka the resident slightly insane sword-obsessed book hoarder of KP. I’m a homeschooler, and a high school freshman. I mostly write fantasy, and I’m working on a fantasy universe with multiple planets with my brother, @Jonas.
Now the traditional quest…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Revolutionary War story idea in the forum Historical 2 years, 8 months ago
Yeah, sometimes it helps to have two POVs, and other times it’s not necessary. I’ve become so accustomed to it though, that when I start coming up with a story idea, my mind naturally creates two POV characters. XD
Glad I could help!!
-
Esther replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
Fynn
“That’s really nice to hear. We know a few people whose experiences are similar to ours, like Callista and her family. Except,” his gaze drifted over to her, “she’s had a much harder time of it than me. In fact,” he tilted his head, “I’m not sure how she does it. She’s been through so much, yet when someone else is in…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 2 years, 8 months ago
Nerp, still not working…
-
Esther replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 2 years, 8 months ago

-
Esther replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 2 years, 8 months ago
Are pics working for anyone else? Because I really want to post some moodboards but I can’ttt 😭

-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic The Ildin Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 8 months ago
Also, who’s Cole and what RP is he in?
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic The Ildin Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 8 months ago
Yeah, like I said to Sara, I do get that, but Nedan is so so SO underdeveloped. I would be RPing with little more than a name, a job, and a power. Sure he might develop, but he could become basically anything, and he needs to become a character that’s right for this story. So maybe I will do it some time, (I have considered adding him to sch…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
Oh wait, I just read your most recent draft and I like it even better!! I think it could stay as it is if you like it. 🙃
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
I like it how it is, tbh. I think it sounds great!
I’m dreaming of a time, when I was broken,
When you comforted me, many a time.
This part though doesn’t flow as smoothly as the rest of it. Um… I wish I could offer a suggestion… Maybe it could go something like this…?
I’m dreaming of a time, when I am hurting,
And you comfort my aching h…
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic The Ildin Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 8 months ago
Wow. You (and your sister) are amazing at building worlds!
Thanks! As a disclaimer, this is by far my most unique world.
Yeah, characters definitely drive the plot forward, which is why it’s such a problem that most of them are underdeveloped. Those are good points about internal conflict too.
Anyway, you also said you d…
- Load More

I don’t mind being nagged. XD But yeah, I’ll start reading it this week and try to give you some feedback as soon as I can. 😊
Hey! So I just read the first two chapters of your book. Love it already!! I have some feedback to give, but I was wondering what kind you want. Like, do you want to know things about the characters, plot, prose, setting, etc.? Are there specific questions you want answered? I don’t want to give you feedback that you aren’t looking for. 😉
It really doesn’t matter, haha! Just your overall thoughts! 🙂
Ok, cool 😉