@starshiness
Active 2 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 174
-
Esther replied to the topic What's a question??? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
(Exactly.)
-
Esther replied to the topic Its been a while in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 7 months ago
Welcome back, @alia!!
I’m Esther: a volleyball-playing, violin-squeaking, dog-obsessed, homeschooled, God-loving, amateur writer!!
My current WIP is called the Endoxos Trilogy, book one being called Ember of Hope. I also have ideas for stories/novels in a bunch of different genres.
So cool that you play violin too! I suppose that brings me to t…[Read more]
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic Hello, fellow writers! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 7 months ago
Yeah. I never want there to be any cursing in my books, so instead I just say in the writing something like “they cursed” instead of saying the words, especially because in that world expressions would be different. Some yell “blazes!” instead, which has been used before by other writers, but I would much rather do that than have actual…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Hello, fellow writers! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 7 months ago
@kyronthearcanin That’s cool! (Better than me, I have no gift in language. The best I’ve done is make up expressions for my dragons to use so that they aren’t using any words a reader might find offensive)
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic Hello, fellow writers! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 7 months ago
Thanks! It’s just bits and pieces right now, but it’s coming together.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Hello, fellow writers! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 7 months ago
@kyronthearcanin Yeah, a lot of things make no sense to me….
Oh, and your language ideas are cool!
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic Hello, fellow writers! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 7 months ago
“She” as in Rina. Just realized I never clarified. 😅
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic Hello, fellow writers! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 7 months ago
While there might be at some point, I have not yet figured out an ipa chart for it. There is very little standardized grammatical structure, if any, and it would definitely lean towards chaotic yet efficient for secrecy. Most Felisaro are very loyal. The fact that Dune, a character introduced later, is a rogue, endangers the…[Read more]
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic Hello, fellow writers! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 7 months ago
I don’t have everything figured out for the secret language in Healer, but I know it will be fairly random, as they are hoping to keep secrecy by keeping it completely separate from normal language. However, there may be some similarites.
Om- Good.
Ur- Bad.
Bryn- Fortune.
Ka- Attack; fight.
Zyr- Escape; leave; get out.
Those…[Read more]
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic What's a question??? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
Why do we bake cookies and cook bacon?
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?
Why did Tarzan never have a beard? (This one bothers me for some reason lol)
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic Hello, fellow writers! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 7 months ago
It just depends on how you play it. The “in the air” version is more fun to me, and at our church we get really competitive with it. I’m one of the tallest so I always end up going against the older highschoolers.
By the way, I never thought the idea of skipping while walking made sense. And it is something a cartoony five-year-old would do lol
-
Esther replied to the topic What's a question??? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
(Possibly) (Now, if we are speaking of the unknown as the future, things that are yet to happen, then there is no way that we can make a model that accurately represents it. All we know is the known future. There is an extent and a limit to what we can know. This shows how finite we are, and how omniscient and infinite our God is.…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
@godlyfantasy12 Thanks! Although I’m not sure how much of that we’ll need to use, it’s helpful information.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 3 years, 7 months ago
@mineralizedwritings Wow!! That’s some great art right there!
@freedomwriter76 Thanks!
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
@freedomwriter76 Awww Rueben!
Don’t worry, many of my charries have suffered the same fate. And some that aren’t even mine, so…. *ignores Star-Lord glaring at me*
It’s sad but sweet how he thought of his family first.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Hello, fellow writers! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 7 months ago
@freedomwriter76 Well, I’m not writing 15 at once. They’re all in a sort of series. I’m currently writing the 4th and 5th ones.
@kyronthearcanin My brother loves the floor version of that game. I don’t see any reason to it….
…but then again, I’m the girl who thought skipping while walking was a useless way to spend time and looked like…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic To my fellow writers in the faith, greetings in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 7 months ago
@janellebelovedpig You make Lego stop motion? I’ve always loved doing that! I haven’t done any in a long time, but when I was younger, I made a few simple ones, about Owen and Blue from Jurassic World. Owen found a jetpack for Blue and they used it to fly around….
It was pretty fun. What are your stop motions about?
-
Esther replied to the topic My Book needs some help 😀 in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 7 months ago
I like that! There’s one thing I would change though.
I staggered over to an almond tree that was bent into the shape of a seat that was covered in moss and fallen flower petals. Then sunk down on it breathing hard.
This sentence seems a little clunky since you used two adjective clauses. (Or phrases. I forget which one.) And the n…[Read more]
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic Its been a while in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 7 months ago
I’m new here, but it’s nice to see you’re back!
I’m Solfyre, and I’m about to go into highschool. I love anything to do with reading, writing, music, and I write mainly fantasy, though I have branched out to sci-fi, historical fiction, and mystery lately. I have not played violin much, but I play guitar and have some skill in piano and…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Guessing Story Elements From Songs! in the forum Music 3 years, 7 months ago
Then I’m with Freedom on this one. I had no idea. XD
- Load More
