Hello, fellow writers!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hello, fellow writers!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
    @kyronthearcanin
      • Total Posts: 697

I write mostly stories, but I’ve written articles and poems as well.

My name is Ava, and I’m a homeschooled writer about to go into high school. Some of my favorite authors are Bryan Davis, Wayne Thomas Batson, and Christine Cohen. Currently I am in a writing critique group, and in it I am working on my main WIP, Healer, kind of a sci-fi and fantasy mix centered on my main character, Rina: 

What do you all like to write? Any fellow fantasy writers?

You can make anything by writing - C. S. Lewis

MineralizedWritings
      @mineralizedwritings
        • Total Posts: 2803

@kyronthearcanin

Hello and welcome!

Your character looks cool! Great art! 🙂

I’m mineralizedwritings around here! I wright dystopian fiction, make comics, and draw… among other hobbies. As to your question, mostly dystopian but I wouldn’t deny it has some fantasy like elements. My worldbuilding consists of a lot of ruins, and I like to make up the plants that have overgrown them. I’m currently working on my main series called Afterthoughts, it’s a 4 ish book thing.

A couple ask the newbie questions:

1. Are snakes cool?

2. What is your favorite theme to write and why?

3. What is Rina like?

へびは かっこいい です!

TheArcaneAxiom
        @thearcaneaxiom
          • Total Posts: 1254

@kyronthearcanin

Hi Ava! Imma tag a bunch of people first, then I’ll respond properly:

@gwyndalf-the-wise
          , @mineralizedwritings, @loopylin, @esther-c, @lightoverdarkness6, @godlyfantasy12, @whalekeeper, @acancello, @princesachronicle22, @freedomwriter76, @80strish, @otherworldlyhistorian, @others-I-likely-forgot

He is perfect in Justice, yet He is perfect in Mercy, even when we fail Him. For this, He is good.

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
          @kyronthearcanin

@mineralizedwritings

Hoping that tag worked haha.

Anyway, nice to meet you!

1. Snakes are absolutely cool!

2. Favorite theme? Trying to figure out this question. I don’t know if you meant genre or something else, sorry.

3. Rina was a prisoner most of her life until, near the start of the book, she escaped. She’s wary of the race that enslaved her, the Serpenree, and while she has made friends, she doesn’t know if she can trust them yet. Like most of her race, the Lupinari, she loves to run.

Hope this answered your questions!

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
            @kyronthearcanin

@thearcaneaxiom

Alright, sounds good! Is that to add friends or what? Sorry kinda new to this haha.

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
              @kyronthearcanin

Oh just realized what the tag thing was haha.

Allison
                @acancello
                  • Total Posts: 838

@kyronthearcanin

Welcome! I’m Acancello! I’m also home schooled and I love acting! I also love guinea pigs, dogs, traveling, trying weird food, writing, reading, talking and a lot more 😀 ! I’m so glad you could come to KP! OK, now I’ll ask you some hopefully not already asked questions 🙂

1. Whats your favorite season? Spring, summer, winter or fall?
                  2. Do you like to play sports or craft (Yes, that’s a pretty random question, but I know people, like me, who don’t play sports 🙂
                  3. Whats your favorite animal?
                  4. How often do you like to write?

Anyway, nice to meet you and I hope you love Kingdom Pen!

Gwyndalf the Wise
                  @gwyndalf-the-wise
                    • Total Posts: 404

@thearcaneaxiom
                    Thanks for the tag!

@kyronthearcanin

Hi, nice to meet you! =)

I really like your art style! The detail is cool.
                    I’m also homeschooled and a writer because that clearly isn’t obvious XD
                    Oh and I guess I’m supposed to tell you about myself as well

Uh I’m also an artist, I write fantasy (my current WIP is a fantasy/mystery but my other WIP is a steampunk fanfiction of Spider-man), I’m older than you most likely, and I don’t necessarily have a favorite author but I have tons of favorite books.

Some questions for you:

• What is your story about? Particularly what does your character have to learn/how do they change in the story? Do they change at all?
                    • What’s your favorite thing to draw?
                    • What do you enjoy about combining fantasy and sci-fi?

"...I did not say to the seed of Jacob, 'Seek Me in vain..."
                    (Part of) Isaiah 45:19

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
                    @kyronthearcanin

@acancello

Glad I can be here! All those things you love, I agree, are awesome. Pretty sure I’d have a dog if my mom wasn’t allergic.

1. Favorite season? Mostly anytime without rain, but if I had to pick, probably fall. All pretty leaves and nice breezes.

2. I don’t play sports on a team (anymore), though I used to play softball and soccer on a team. I do love to play sports on my own though! My favorite would have to be basketball. As for crafting, I love to do it, but the skill is lacking lol

3. My favorite kind of animal is a wolf. My specific favorite animal is my cat, Stripes.

4. I write literally anytime I have the chance, so at least twice a day, usually.

Nice to meet you!

TheArcaneAxiom
                      @thearcaneaxiom

@kyronthearcanin

Here’s my proper response. Nice to meet you Ava! I’m TheArcaneAxiom. I’m a homeschooled writer about to leave highschool! XD I love math and fundamental divine truth, and discussing that through writing. I’m a sci-fi/fantasy writer as well, and I promise that you will see a lot more of that here! My current WIP is actually a multiverse I’m working on with my sister @princesachronicle22 , and it’s also a sci fi fantasy.

Love the art! Gives me StarFox vibes, is it in any way inspired from that, or is it completely different?

More questions:

How much do you enjoy worldbuilding? What aspects do you focus on more? Do you lean towards a hard, or soft worldbuilding style? (Soft meaning a world of more open possibility, and hard meaning more concrete defined rules for the reader.)

You mention your world is a sci fi and fantasy mix. How much sci fi is actually fictional science concepts, and what fantasy elements interact with that? Is science based off of magic, the other way around, or are they two separate entities coexisting in the same world?

Last, but not least:

I have made a character named Par who is cursed. The curse says that Par can only know if someone is cursed, if that someone doesn’t know themselves that they’re cursed. Does Par know he’s cursed?

He is perfect in Justice, yet He is perfect in Mercy, even when we fail Him. For this, He is good.

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
                        @kyronthearcanin

@gwyndalf-the-wise

Hey! Nice to meet you, and thanks about the art 🙂

1. My story has five different races, living on five different planets. I’m working on plotting (more of a pantser myself lol), but it’s about saving prisoners from the Serpenree (one of the races, based off snakes/lizards) king, Dragor.My character changes a lot. She learns to trust in the Celestial Phoenix, a kind of metaphor for God, and her original goal changes from escaping herself to helping all the prisoners to escape.

2.Favorite thing to draw? Hmm… Wolves and dragons, I think, though I also like drawing cats. (I can’t draw humans for the life of me haha)

3.Combining fantasy and sci-fi was an idea I’ve been toying around with for a while. It allows there to be magic without seeming like I’m just throwing it in, and more imagination is involved, if that makes sense. Science fiction allowed me to add all kinds of advanced technology, and get more into (outer) space. (Again, if that makes sense at all)

Thanks for the awesome questions!

TheArcaneAxiom
                          @thearcaneaxiom

@kyronthearcanin

Alright, sounds good! Is that to add friends or what? Sorry kinda new to this haha.

Oh just realized what the tag thing was haha.

XD XD

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
                            @kyronthearcanin

@thearcaneaxiom

Nice to meet you! Love divine truth, have kind of an interesting relationship with math lol.  It’s so cool you’re writing with your sister! I write sometimes with my friends, but just for fun.

Thanks about the art! Can’t say I’ve heard of StarFox, but it sounds like it would look like my drawing haha.

1. Worldbuilding is amazing! I have to cut back to avoid overwhelming people lol. Aspects? Describing how things look to my character, or how they seem. Kind of things related to the main plot, and where the character is or what she is doing at that moment. I’d say I lean more towards hard defined rules, but it builds (obviously) as it goes.

2. The sci-fi technology is kind of separate from the fantasy elements, but I suppose it just depends. For example, the main character, Rina’s magic is that she’s a healer, and so science fiction has little to do with that. But if someone had different magic, then it could interact more. Kind of figuring this one out myself at the moment lol.

3. Mmm… I would say he doesn’t know? Oh, I love riddles, but this one hurts my brain haha.

Anonymous
                                • Total Posts: 8156

@kyronthearcanin. Hi Ava, and welcome to KP!!! 😄💗

I am FreedomWriter76 (or just Freedom, lol!) a Christian Teen Girl, Southerner, Homeschooler, Music Fan, History Buff, and complete Marvel Nerd that also has a passion for spreading the Light of Christ through Historical Fiction. 🙂

As I have already basically stated, I’m a Historical-Fiction author who writes for…hmm…probably a Teen/YA audience, with MOST of my books being about the Second World War, since it is probably my favorite time period to learn and write about. 😉

I entered High School last year, it’s a big but amazing step! Are you excited to be starting High School? 😃❤️

That art is really good, btw!!! I’d love to hear more about Rina and your WIP if you’d like to share! 🙂

I suppose I need to ask some random ask-the-newbie questions, hmm? 😜❤️

1. Favorite dessert?
                                2. If you could master any 2 languages, what two languages would they be?
                                3. A random fact about you that you’d like to share?
                                4. What is one hobby that you have that’s NOT writing related?
                                5. Any favorite movies/TV Shows/Series?
                                6. Any favorite genre of music/music artists?

That’s all for now, but once again, welcome to KP, Ava!!! It’s so nice to meet you!!! 💗💗💗

I hope you have a FANTABULOUS time here on KP, and God Bless!!! 💗🙏🏻

Anonymous
                                  • Total Posts: 8156

Haha…I put AvaTheArcanin…🤣🤣🤣 My bad!!! 😅

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 114 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >