Hello, fellow writers!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hello, fellow writers!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    TheLoonyOne
    @theloonyone
      • Total Posts: 404

@kyronthearcanin

Hey Ava! Welcome to Kingdom Pen!

Rina looks so cool! Great design and the art is really good!

I’m Theloonyone. Like most here, I am a Christian writer, but I also enjoy music, art, and reading. I play the piano (and the clarinet a little) and have been slowly growing my drawing skills over the past couple of years. Right now, I’m working on a couple of different short stories that I started years ago and never finished, and am editing my sci-fi/romance WIP.

I haven’t heard of any of those authors. What genres do they write? And I’m a homeschooler, too!

Anyway, some newbie questions!

1. What is your favorite genre to read/write? What is you favorite thing that you have written?

2. Stranded on an island. If you like music, what are five songs or five albums that you would want to have if you were stranded on an island? Basically top five, whether through quality or sentiment.

3. Stranded on an island but five books.

4. Favorite movies or tv shows?

5. If you could make any activity an Olympic sport, what would you have a good chance of winning a medal for?

Welcome to Kingdom Pen, again! I hope to see you around!

Esther
      @esther-c
        • Total Posts: 3221

@kyronthearcanin

Woohooo! Yay for Ev! At least they weren’t actual death experiences. 😅

Definitely!!

Oh, yes. I’m very glad. I don’t think I could ever kill him off. 😆

Your story sounds so cool!! I’ll have to check it out when I find the time!

I love the metaphor you use for God! I still have to decide on one for my fantasy novel. But for that fantasy novel, I want to really dig deep into their world and flesh is out a lot. So it will be a long time until I start to write it. 🙃

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Keilah H.
        @keilah-h
          • Total Posts: 3875

@Artsy-dragon You kidding? Chewbacca is one of the coolest dragons there is! I can totally use him!

@Kyronthearcanin
          That name is awesome! Ooh…Leia and Wolverine are both pretty cool as dragons. You’ll have to choose which you like better.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
          @kyronthearcanin
            • Total Posts: 697

@theloonyone

Nice to meet you! Bryan Davis is most famous for his Dragons in Our Midst series, and while he mostly does fantasy, he also has recently gotten into sci-fi. Wayne Thomas Batson wrote the Door Within Trilogy, and Christine Cohen wrote The Sinking City, and The Winter King, both of which are mainly fantasy.

It’s so cool that you’re a homeschooler! I’ve been meeting a lot of homeschoolers on here, and it’s awesome!

My favorite genre would probably have to be fantasy, though sci-fi is a close second. My favorite things I’ve written… Let’s see. Probably a short story called Storyteller, though eventually it turned into the first chapter of a novella I’m working on.

For this one I’m going to go with songs instead of albums, cause otherwise I’ll be sitting here all day thinking😅. Probably, Gratitude by Brandon Lake, Storehouse and Forever by the Gray Havens, Firm Foundation by Cody Carnes, and Grace Upon Grace by Life Church Worship.

Search for the Astral Dragon by Bryan Davis, The Sinking City by Christine Cohen, the Bible (these are not in order haha), the Pilgrim’s Progress, and probably a book from the Wingfeather Saga, though I couldn’t choose which one. Maybe the third or fourth.

Favorite movies and tv shows… For shows, I really don’t know. For movies, the Lord of the Rings and Narnia movies are great.

Probably speed reading? I’ve been told I read really, really fast, and apparently it shows when I read aloud lol.

See you around!

@esther-c

Thanks! And yeah, worldbuilding is a huge part of fantasy, but it pays off in the end.🙂

@keilah-h

Thanks! I think I’ll have to go with Wolverine.

You can make anything by writing - C. S. Lewis

Esther
            @esther-c
              • Total Posts: 3221

@kyronthearcanin

Thanks! And yeah, worldbuilding is a huge part of fantasy, but it pays off in the end.🙂

Definitely. 😉 🙂

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Keilah H.
              @keilah-h

@kyronthearcanin Cool. You’ll have a pretty awesome dragon–as well as having his retractable claws, he’s a type of dragon who can fling his detachable tail spines at his enemies. He’s also venomous, but touching him won’t harm you–it’s only his spikes and teeth and stuff.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
                @kyronthearcanin

@keilah-h

Sounds awesome!

Anonymous
                    • Total Posts: 8156

@keilah-h. It’s so cool that you have so many fanfics…I have a lot, but lol, I don’t think I could keep up with 15!!! 🤣🤣🤣

@kyronthearcanin
                    . I never replied to you!? 🤦🏻‍♀️ So sorry about that! 😅

1.I’m not sure on favorite dessert, but I’m chips over sweets anyday (yeah, I’m weird, I know)

Totally understand that! 😉 I’m not a sweets girl either, lol!

2. Spanish because we’re getting a lot more Spanish-speaking people in our area, and Hebrew so I could study the Bible more easily.

Cool! I’m currently taking Spanish and even ASL in school! ASL isn’t a long course, but yeah!

I think if I could pick any two languages to master, it’d be ASL (it counts! 🤣) and probably Russian.

3. Random fact? I play guitar for two different churches, mostly acoustic.

Cool!!!

4. Oh I could’ve used guitar on this one lol. This isn’t exactly a hobby, because my mind is blanking right now, but I love to play nine-square in the air with my friends at church when they have it.

I have no idea what that is…😅 Care to explain? 🤣

5. Favorite TV show, I’m not sure. Movies? Narnia and Lord of the Rings, prbly

Epic!!! I’ve only read The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe, never read LOTR, and haven’t watched the movies either!!! 🤣🤣🤣

6. Too many genres to choose from! But my favorite artists are the Grey Havens, the Arcadian Wild, and NeedtoBreathe

Ooh, NEEDTOBREATHE is a good one! 😏😜🥰

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
                    @kyronthearcanin

@freedomwriter76

You’re totally fine!

I actually have a ring of cards in my room and am kind of starting to learn ASL on my own. I have a kind of dictionary for it, and I need to keep up with it more. 😅

Okay, so it’s a game where there are poles set up to create nine different squares above the players’ heads. The player in the middle square gets to serve the ball up to the others, and it must be above the poles to count. You advance by circling towards the middle. Kind of hard to explain, but there are also versions where it’s not “in the air” and you just do it using the lines on your driveway to separate the squares. It’s really fun once you get the hang of it, but I know this was kind of a rough explanation.🤣🤣

And yes, need to breathe is awesome!

Keilah H.
                      @keilah-h

@freedomwriter76 Well, I’m not writing 15 at once. They’re all in a sort of series. I’m currently writing the 4th and 5th ones.

@kyronthearcanin
                        My brother loves the floor version of that game. I don’t see any reason to it….

…but then again, I’m the girl who thought skipping while walking was a useless way to spend time and looked like something a cartoony five-year-old would do.

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
                        @kyronthearcanin

@keilah-h

It just depends on how you play it. The “in the air” version is more fun to me, and at our church we get really competitive with it. I’m one of the tallest so I always end up going against the older highschoolers.

By the way, I never thought the idea of skipping while walking made sense. And it is something a cartoony five-year-old would do lol

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
                          @kyronthearcanin

@thearcaneaxiom

I don’t have everything figured out for the secret language in Healer, but I know it will be fairly random, as they are hoping to keep secrecy by keeping it completely separate from normal language. However, there may be some similarites.

Om- Good.

Ur- Bad.

Bryn- Fortune.

Ka- Attack; fight.

Zyr- Escape; leave; get out.

Those are just a few random words that I’ve figure out for now. There are also certain unspoken signals, some easier for the Felisaro than the other races.

Sharp flick of tail- Danger; watch out.

Ears rotate back and forth- Pertains to the senses. Listen, smell, watch, etc.

Sharp look- Used to introduce or start off the private conversation, separating the speech of that individual from their usual language until another obvious signal is given.

TheArcaneAxiom
                            @thearcaneaxiom
                              • Total Posts: 1254

@kyronthearcanin

Cool! Do you have an ipa chart for it? Is there a standardized grammatical structure, or is it made to function chaotically, but still efficiently to maintain security?

He is perfect in Justice, yet He is perfect in Mercy, even when we fail Him. For this, He is good.

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
                              @kyronthearcanin

@thearcaneaxiom

While there might be at some point, I have not yet figured out an ipa chart for it. There is very little standardized grammatical structure, if any, and it would definitely lean towards chaotic yet efficient for secrecy. Most Felisaro are very loyal. The fact that Dune, a character introduced later, is a rogue, endangers the language’s security. She ends up trying to use what little of the language she knows to speak in secret with Felisaro in an emergency.

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
                                @kyronthearcanin

@thearcaneaxiom

“She” as in Rina. Just realized I never clarified. 😅

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 114 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >