@starshiness
Active 2 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 174
-
Esther replied to the topic My Villain Needs Some Help in the forum Characters 3 years, 7 months ago
Len’s parents could have been involved in some kind of dangerous or just forbidden movement, but I’m not sure exactly how that would fit into your plot. Or maybe they were killed by members of that movement/society. If they were members of the society, then Len’s redemption arc could have something to do with figuring that out,…
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic My Villain Needs Some Help in the forum Characters 3 years, 7 months ago
Len’s parents could have been involved in some kind of dangerous or just forbidden movement, but I’m not sure exactly how that would fit into your plot. Or maybe they were killed by members of that movement/society. If they were members of the society, then Len’s redemption arc could have something to do with figuring that out, and…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic My Villain Needs Some Help in the forum Characters 3 years, 7 months ago
Here is his moodboard just because. 😜

(He also struggles with grief over the loss of his family)
-
Esther started the topic My Villain Needs Some Help in the forum Characters 3 years, 7 months ago
Ok guys. My villain needs some help. Or rather, I, as his author, need some help. I need to decide on his evil title and part of his motivation.
First, some background on him: (Warning: There are a few spoilers. Read at your own risk.) (Another Warning: I do mention murder a few times.)
Derek Len desired peace. It was all he wanted. All he…[Read more]
-
KattheWriter replied to the topic Finding You Critique (Will be continued Updates!) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 7 months ago
(TW- fight scenes, un-aliving people)
Chapter 12
Roger
I got up out of my bed for the seventh time in the last hour. Sleep would not come. I paced back and forth across the room. The girl stayed in my mind. What was I supposed to do? Just keep her?
They had hurt her in so many ways. I couldn’t just let her go. I swallowed hard as my feet t…[Read more]
-
KattheWriter replied to the topic Finding You Critique (Will be continued Updates!) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 7 months ago
(TW- er, nagative self talk/depression?)
Chapter 11
X392
I kept my eyes closed, pretending I was asleep, until the door closed softly behind him. Opening my eyes, I saw on the chair next to me a steaming bowl of something. It smelled wonderful, nothing like the mush at the camp. Pulling the bowl down on my lap, I slowly stirred it up, trying to…[Read more]
-
KattheWriter replied to the topic Finding You Critique (Will be continued Updates!) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 7 months ago
lol, you’re good! And THANK YOU 😊
And yes, most of the time it is, but KP likes to un italic and it’s annoying. Only sometimes it isn’t and those instances might be to confuse you on purpose 👀
Thanks again!!
And yes, he’s supposed to and everyone hates his guts, as they should lol.
I’ll go ahead and add a couple more…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic What makes a character meaningful? in the forum Characters 3 years, 7 months ago
Meaningful characters are hard to write, especially if they aren’t the MC. Depending on their personality, they will be meaningful in different ways. So here are some tips that I hope will be helpful 😁:
1. Give clues to the reader that Layson is important. With side characters, some are important and some aren’t. You gave…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic To my fellow writers in the faith, greetings in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 7 months ago
Aren’t big families super fun? You’re “violin-squeaking,” huh? I fiddle around with that instrument too, hoping to learn mandolin or dobrolin sometime.
Yes, they are. 😊
Yep! Lol. I play violin, it just doesn’t always come out sounding pretty. 😜
Cool!!
My favorite vacation spot would be Walton’s Mountain Lodge in CO. 14 year…
-
Janellebelovedpig replied to the topic To my fellow writers in the faith, greetings in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 7 months ago
@esther-c
Aren’t big families super fun? You’re “violin-squeaking,” huh? I fiddle around with that instrument too, hoping to learn mandolin or dobrolin sometime.My favorite vacation spot would be Walton’s Mountain Lodge in CO. 14 years ago this Spring our whole family went there with my uncle (who passed away from ALS later that year) and my…[Read more]
-
Janellebelovedpig replied to the topic To my fellow writers in the faith, greetings in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 7 months ago
@keilah-h
Hi! How’s it going?I want to someday have the opportunity and courage to hold a harmless snake. Rapunzel is my favorite princess, so lizards that will ride on shoulders are really cool. Meeting reptiles in the wild, not a huge fan. Especially finding empty snakeskins at work. How do you feel about reptiles?
My only fan fic was…[Read more] -
Janellebelovedpig replied to the topic To my fellow writers in the faith, greetings in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 7 months ago
How do you choose really cool names for sci-fi characters? I know one author who took real names and spelled them backwards to be the planets.
As to your questions, my favorite genre would be Christian family adventures, either real life narratives or fiction in a variety of settings.
Yes, I do enjoy allegorical writing. I…[Read more]
-
Janellebelovedpig posted an update 3 years, 7 months ago
@alia
Hi! I am Janelle, also 21 and coming back to the world of being dedicated to writing, and I also fiddle around on the violin. 😉
What are you looking forward to writing as you’re jumping back in? -
Allison started the topic Writing Prompts and writers block busters! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
Does anybody have any good writing prompts or writers block busters they want to share with everyone? Here’s the place to put it! I found a few online and thought they sounded really fun to write about when you have writers block or need a writing prompt,
- Advice columns- Super fun to make up your own!
- A superstition that comes true- “Find a…
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic Hello, fellow writers! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 7 months ago
They look really great! I can’t draw humans at all, but I’m okay at dragons lol.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Hello, fellow writers! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 7 months ago
They look really similar and are distantly related, but are separated by like five thousand years of time or something, so it’s not like they’ll ever meet (alive anyway). I haven’t ironed out how long exactly.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Hello, fellow writers! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 7 months ago
@kyronthearcanin Here’s the drawing! Picture quality is terrible, sorry. Hunter’s on top and Snake’s on the bottom.

-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic Hello, fellow writers! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 7 months ago
I don’t quite have a system yet, but I’m basically starting by slowly introducing the words. For example, “om,” “ur,” and “bryn” are all mentioned in the naming of Dune’s ships. The others will most likely be introduced when there are other Felisaro present.
That works really well! And I’d love to see it. I’m working…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
Feather
“Well, I know to keep calm, not to move the person, try to slow down the flow of blood if they’re bleeding, call 911 and wait. But uh, I don’t think we’re going to be getting any emergency services here. Um… I’ve learned how to use a tourniquet, but we don’t really need that here and none of our supplies here…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Hello, fellow writers! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 7 months ago
@kyronthearcanin Me neithe, I don’t want real swear words. It’s kind of funny, because I found a creative usage of one idea.
“Teeth of Snake” is the favored expression of my charrie Hunter. It doesn’t mean an actual snake but rather a mountain range called the Teeth of Snake, which in turn was named after a legendary (and long dead) dragon. The…[Read more]
- Load More
