@starshiness
Active 2 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 174
-
Allison replied to the topic Book Lovers! in the forum Book Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
It seems like everyone has read the same book, now im really curious to read them 😀 I have read green ember a looong time ago, yet another series to re-read 🙂 I have never listened to fantasty instrumental on Spotify, actually I have never listen to anything without words, which I should totally do!
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic My WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
Thanks for the great advice! I will definitely be working on all of that. I’ve noticed that a lot of the time I forget to describe, or maybe fully describe things.
Thanks for taking the time to read it! 🙂
-
LandriC replied to the topic My WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
Nice job on your chapter two! (I’m super invested now, by the way. I’d totally already be on chapter fifteen if this was published. XD)
Okay, a couple of things that are jumping out at me on my first read-through…
- I think you could use a bit more battle description. Maybe I got lost somewhere, but exactly what started this…
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic My WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
@thearcaneaxiom @landric @gwyndalf-the-wise @keilah-h @godlyfantasy12 @anyone-else
Alright! For anyone who wants to read, this is chapter 2 of Healer. It introduces a couple of my favorite characters. This is definitely open to critique, as I want to see what readers think of it. Sometimes the writer can’t see flaws, or even strengths, in their…[Read more]
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic My WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
I’m actually probably getting ready to put up my second chapter for any possible feedback, so I’ll definitely tag you. Thanks for the compliments! I’ve always loved the “halfling” sort of idea and have to be careful not to do that to all of my characters lol. And yeah, I’ve been trying to figure out a way to describe Rina and the setting…[Read more]
-
Allison replied to the topic Book Lovers! in the forum Book Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
This might be a dumb question, but how do you do that green line next to your texts 😀 For now ill do a dot
- It’s message is spot-on too and is a message that I always have to remind myself of, and a message that really resonated with me and my own struggles.
Thats great! I love books with great messages! I am definitely g…[Read more]
-
LandriC replied to the topic Book Lovers! in the forum Book Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
Hi @ancello!
Here are some of my favorite series….
- Viking Quest by Lois W. Johnson. This one is about a brother and sister who get captured by Vikings and convert them to Christianity eventually. They’re great!
- Redwall by Brian Jacques (MY ALL TIME FAVORITE) Pure simple awesomeness. Nuff said. Read it and then tag me with your thoughts if…
-
Allison replied to the topic Book Lovers! in the forum Book Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
I am totally going to read your book, it sounds amazing! Just one question, what reading level is it? Amanda Dykes… She sounds familiar but I don’t think I have read anything by her yet 🙂
-
LandriC replied to the topic WIP Question in the forum Historical 3 years, 6 months ago
Thank you for recalling that! I forgot to mention in my first post that there would be diary entries in first person. I’m mostly just trying to decide if the first person should carry all the way through, but thanks for the input! I’m leaning more toward 3rd person too, but I definitely think I’ll keep the entries so that readers can g…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Book Lovers! in the forum Book Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
Glad I could help!! 😀
-
Allison replied to the topic Book Lovers! in the forum Book Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
Thank you! Those are some great tips! I usually don’t have my mom or dad read my books because I like to have it a surprise, but I am going to start having them read it! 😀 I don’t write my book everyday, but i’m trying to. Thanks again!
-
Esther replied to the topic WIP Question in the forum Historical 3 years, 6 months ago
I’d say that it definitely depends upon the theme you’re trying to convey and the story itself. If the theme is more personal to the MC or POV character, then I’d go for first person. (But then, aren’t all themes personal to the MCs??? 😂 Idk. XD) And it depends on the story. I remember hearing about your WIP and I think you mention…[Read more]
-
LandriC started the topic WIP Question in the forum Historical 3 years, 6 months ago
Hi!
I’m working on my Revolutionary War WIP (I previously posted it if anyone wants a refresher of what it’s about. Check the Idea Poll post from a couple months ago ;)) I’ve started writing it in 3rd person, but I wondered if I should do 1st person. I know all of you don’t write historical fiction, but do you/would you prefer 1st or 3rd person…[Read more]
-
LandriC replied to the topic My WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
This is great!! It hits close to home for me; as a nursing student, almost all of my fantasy/sci-fi characters are medics and healers. (I know, I know, strange mashup of reality and fantasy 🙂
First off, I loved your characters and explanations of races/kinds. Everything made sense to me in that regard. Plus, I’m a sucker for…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Book Lovers! in the forum Book Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
Tips to stay focused? Well…
I’m not really sure. I think I just love my characters and my story so much, that I just have to write it. While I don’t write it every day, I do write it often because I love it so much. A way that I think helps me stay focused on this one project, is 1) Kingdom Pen and 2) my family. Y’all here on KP have…[Read more]
-
Allison replied to the topic The Character Ship Game Show✨ in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
OK im in. Ill enter Jean and Sam. (Not the main characters of my book but they have big parts in it)
Sam: Wait… Where are we?
Jean: Read the sign!
Sam: Ummmmm Ok *Sees sign and turns red*
Jean: This is kinda awkward.
Mike: Hello and welcome to the COUPLES GAME SHOW!
Jean and Sam: COUPLES!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Mike: Yes and you have…[Read more]
-
Allison replied to the topic Book Lovers! in the forum Book Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
Here’s a few more series I remembered! Have you read any? Did you like them?
- The Expeditioners- By S.S.Taylor- This book is for anyone who loved adventuring, traveling, excitement!
- Anything Sharon Creech!- I have read almost all of her books and loved everyone! My favorites so far, would be “Walk two moons”, “Absolutely normal chaos”and…
-
Allison replied to the topic Book Lovers! in the forum Book Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
I love L.M. Montgomery! I have heard of the Emily series and they sound good. Do you think they are better than the Anne series? All the other books you listed all sound great! Now instead of looking for familiar series in a new library I can find some new ones!
-
Allison replied to the topic Book Lovers! in the forum Book Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
The Wingfeather saga and the Christy Miller series both sound like great reads! I will defiantly to try find them! ( The reason I keep saying that is cause were moving and cant go to out normal library anymore 🙁 But the great part is that where were going to has a bigger library and more books! 😀 Thats great to have a set year to…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic The Character Ship Game Show✨ in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
@loopylin @whalekeeper @freedomwriter76 @godlyfantasy12 @lightoverdarkness6 @orielle21 @folith-feolin @otherworldlyhistorian
What a wonderful idea!!
*shoves Ami and Ev into their booth*
Ami: Wha—?
Mike: *groans* Before you ask anything… this is a couples game show!
Ami: *blushes*
Ev: I can dig it. *puts arm around Ami’s should…[Read more]
- Load More
