The Character Ship Game Show✨

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions The Character Ship Game Show✨

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 135 total)
  • Author
    Allison
    @acancello
      • Total Posts: 838

@loopylin

OK im in. Ill enter Jean and Sam. (Not the main characters of my book but they have big parts in it)

Sam: Wait… Where are we?

Jean: Read the sign!

Sam: Ummmmm Ok *Sees sign and turns red*

Jean: This is kinda awkward.

Mike: Hello and welcome to the COUPLES GAME SHOW!

Jean and Sam: COUPLES!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Mike: Yes and you have been entered so please take a seat and  stay seated,

Jean and Sam: *Blushing take a seat*

Sam: *Under his breath* I hope this goes fast.

Jean: Me to! Its kinda embarrassing but it might be fun, lets just wait and see!

Whaley
      @whalekeeper
        • Total Posts: 2630

@loopylin

Zeke and Ginger! They’re technically from a fantasy story, but I’m totally gonna modernize them for this 😛 So, info for everyone, Zeke is deaf and mute. He can read lips and communicate using sign language. For this, I’mma just pretend everyone knows sign language (or maybe they’re reading his mind?? I dunno), so I can put his comments in italics.

Ginger: *Stumbles in* What the – *Trips on the curtains* *Hangs onto Zeke’s arm for support* WHO IN THE NAME OF WISE MOUSE PUT THAT THERE?!?

Mike: Hi folks, this is the CHARACTER SHIP GAME SH-

Ginger: Stop talking so loud.

Zeke: *Signs, grinning brightly*

Ginger: Zeke says you look like a fish singing opera…

Mike: *Coughs* Well, this is the Character Ship Game Show. You will answer questions, complete challenges, and have loads of genuine fun – the audience is watching, after all!

Zeke: Of course, sir. Play the game, Ginger. Just think what your father will say. It’ll be the greatest laugh he’s had in years.

Zeke: *Winces at the thought of actually asking her father for permission to court her*

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

Gwyndalf the Wise
        @gwyndalf-the-wise
          • Total Posts: 404

@loopylin @godlyfantasy12

one of y’all tagged me I’m not sure who

So I do have a couple I could do, but I don’t know how long I’ll be able to participate…and I won’t be able to introduce them till tomorrow cause I saw this so late.

"...I did not say to the seed of Jacob, 'Seek Me in vain..."
          (Part of) Isaiah 45:19

Anonymous
            • Total Posts: 110

@freedomwriter76

Thanks! XD

@elishavet-pidyon

Kimbel and Eliza are sooooo sweet together. And although Kimbel is a very logical, straightforward kind of person, his tenderness and love for Eliza are nothing short of amazing, and I love how she takes him out of his comfort zone. XD

I took the MBTI test for Diane recently and found she is an ENFP, which explains so much. XD

@godlyfantasy12

Ooh, that’s awesome! I love Lyn XD

November and Ara are soooooooo adorable!!! *all the heart eyes* And I love November’s awkwardness so much. He’s so cute

MineralizedWritings
            @mineralizedwritings
              • Total Posts: 2803

@godlyfantasy12

SO CUTE I CAN’T 😭😭😭

I could read so much of November being a blushing mess.

へびは かっこいい です!

LoopyLin
              @loopylin
                • Total Posts: 2053

I know that I said that I would start this today, but there seems to be more people who want to join, so I’m going to wait until tomorrow afternoon/night. (If that’s ok with everyone)

Space Princess ✨🪐 intp artist

Esther
                @esther-c
                  • Total Posts: 3213

That works. 🙂

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Esther
                  @esther-c
                    • Total Posts: 3213

@joy-calle

I saw you mentioned the MBTI test. Where can I take that for my characters?

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Keilah H.
                    @keilah-h
                      • Total Posts: 3875

I SHOULD DO THIS SO BAD……

I have one character in a sort of love triangle I’d love to put in……

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Anonymous
                        • Total Posts: 110
                        LoopyLin
                        @loopylin

Alright, time to start. (Btw, I have no idea what I’m doing, so we’ll just see what happens.😅)

A few rules/ things you should know:

• There will be three rounds in which characters will complete different challenges.
                          • Each challenge is worth a certain number of points and the couple with the most points at the end of all three rounds wins.
                          • Characters can technically do whatever they want, but Mike will disqualify any character who is refusing to participate or does something really bad. Then they can just sit in the audience and watch or something.
                          • Mike already knows a lot about the characters, so he will know if someone gets a question wrong or right during the games.
                          • Anyone can rp for Mike.
                          • I’ll keep track of points for everyone so that it doesn’t get confusing.
                          • More Characters can be added later on, they will just have less chances to earn points if they’ve missed a challenge and thus less of a chance to win.
                          • The main focus of this is having fun with our characters, so if anyone has ideas for challenges, please share!

With all that said, welcome to round one!

Bright lights shine on the stage revealing Ellie and Dante standing back to back, looking a tad bit confused. Mike stands in front of them, microphone in hand, smiling at the camera.

Mike: Welcome to the Character Ship Game Show, everyone! Here we have our first contestants, Dante and Ellie, who are ready to answer some questions about each other to earn some points!

He walks over to Ellie, a smile spread across his face.

Mike: Let’s start with you, dear. Question number one: What is your partner’s favorite thing to do in his free time?

Ellie: He’s not my partner.

Mike: Sure, sure. Whatever you say. The question still stands, though.

Ellie: I don’t know, committing crime? He’s wanted by the police for a reason.

Mike: Incorrect! Despite Dante’s general hate of authority, he does not, in fact, enjoy committing crimes.

Dante: *nervous chuckle* I don’t think I like this game.

Mike: But don’t worry, here’s your second chance to earn a point with question number two: What is your partner’s biggest phobia?

Dante: Hehe, yeah, definitely don’t like this game. Please don’t answer that question, Ellie.

Ellie: Water.

Mike: Correct! You’ve just earned yourself and Dante one point! Now, Dante, onto you. What is Ellie’s… favorite color?

Dante: Aw, really? You only asking the embarrassing questions about me?

Mike: Just. Answer the question.

Dante: *glares* Blue.

Mike: Correct! Next question: In order to cheer her up, would Ellie rather receive a hug or a compliment?

Dante: That’s a really dumb question, but… a compliment? She doesn’t like being touched really…

Mike: Correct! These two have earned themselves three out of four points in the first round. Can we get them a round of applause?

An invisible audience starts cheering, confusing Dante and Ellie even more.

Mike: And now, let’s have our next couple come up to answer some questions!

(Sorry that was long. Anyone can go next and you don’t have to use the same questions that I did.)

LoopyLin
                          @loopylin

Oh, I guess I should probably tag people. @whalekeeper @acancello @godlyfantasy12 @esther-c @freedomwriter76 @sarafini @joy-calle @orielle21

Orielle2023
                            @orielle21
                              • Total Posts: 173

@joy-calle

Here’s the link to the test!

https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

I did that one on myself and it was the best test I ever did. 😅

Elen síla lúmenn' omentielvo

Allison
                              @acancello
                                • Total Posts: 838

@loopylin

This sounds so much fun! But I just have a one question. Couldn’t somebody just make up a lot of questions and get the most points or do I totally not get this game 😀 For a suggestion (Which you defiantly do not have to do) Maybe you should do the same questions for everyone, so it becomes less chaotic 😀

LoopyLin
                                @loopylin

@acancello

Well, you’re just supposed to do four questions like I did. Sorry that wasn’t clear. And yes, I guess someone could just give their characters all the points so that they win, but that’d be… dumb. The point of this is to have fun writing our characters, not to earn points. I don’t think any of you will try to do that.

And you can definitely do the same four questions as me if you want, or a different four.

Also, I can try to not have people assigning themselves points the next round, if you’d like. I’m just not sure how that would work…

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 135 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >