@smiley
Active 1 year, 7 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2243
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic When is dark writing no longer writing for God? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 3 years, 9 months ago
I mean in the second book one readers might think there’s one but it’s just…yea whatever
Ah yes, faking readers out is one of the best feelings, especially when they fall for it hard 🤣
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Writing Romantic Subplots! in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
yeah, I really like Grimm for some reason! Like idk why! He sounds so interesting, and his name seems very fitting.
Nyx having to talk to people he doesn’t trust out of need is a really interesting thing…
Aww he’s a sweetheart inside? I love that 😀!!
haha yes… pet peeve… lol I get it. And if I were an intelligent animal I…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic When is dark writing no longer writing for God? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 3 years, 9 months ago
I get that! I haven’t read enough to have a stance on that, I just know that a lot of the books with the teenage crushes tend to be not ok, so I don’t read them. I actually really like the teenage crushes in books, but you have to be careful how it’s portrayed. I think people need to realize teenage crushes don’t have to have…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Writing Romantic Subplots! in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
Oh I love that plot for your characters! Sounds awesome!
That actually is so similar to what I’m doing, but different too.
I love Nyx only being heard by those he trusts… does he trust Grimm? and I can’t imagine the frustration of trying to tell people your fox brother talks (or are people familiar with the species?) when only…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
Feel free to add whoever, it can get hard to keep track of with a lot. I think we each have two in right now. 🙂
@theloonyone @loopylin @kielah-h @lightoverdarkness6
Allow me to remove Kaine and Everly from the castle, its going to be awkward but we’ll just pretend it worked just fine….
Kaine
Kaine stares at Crosshair. He turns…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Writing Romantic Subplots! in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
Honestly it’s sorta like what happens with Nyx, Grimm and Jocelyn in my book series, except you have a bit of leeway due to it being in comic form 😊
Oh yeah! I know a little bit about them… Nyx is a fox… right? And I might be getting this wrong, Jocelyn is his sister? And she and Grimm are together, right? Mind if I ask how a f…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Writing Romantic Subplots! in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
Now as for the loud Vs quiet…I would advice steering clear of Layson changing and becoming totally quiet to please Kaine or changing himself completely, but he can adjust a few things maybe to be just a bit calmer around the boy until he becomes more familiar with him, but Kaine will also need to grow too as the time goes on.…
-
Light replied to the topic I need a creature name! in the forum Fantasy 3 years, 9 months ago
Hi there! I found a few names too!
cerritulus (In Latin it means weird 😅😂)
sciurus (Latin. Means squirrel)
ardilla (Squirrel in Spanish)
Gwyllt (Wild in Spanish)
And just some names I made up:
Cajats, Zoogers, Sperves, Flurbes, Gluxes, Livops, and Striverxs. 😂😅😊 Hope that helps!
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Writing Romantic Subplots! in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
Not exactly sure what you mean by pov characters…
It’s eventually going to be comic style, so there isn’t much of a pov. Anybody’s thoughts can be shown too.
Layson is 19, I think Everly is 22. Layson is really mature for his age.
Oh I’m not sure if I want them to get married in the book, I think it might be a ending thing…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Writing Romantic Subplots! in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
@godlyfantasy12 @anyone else who wants to help!
Oh, great advice!
So here’s my problem:
Kaine, Everly’s younger brother has been caring for here pretty intensely since she got injured about 6 months prior. Exuasting himself so that she can be comfortable has basically become a way of life for him. He feels it’s the least he can do, because she…[Read more]
-
Light replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
Absolutely!! Yeah, add whoever you need😊.
And anyone else can add any Charlie’s they want to! The more the merrier 😂.
-
Esther replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
Man… there are 3,491 posts on here XD
-
Esther replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
@lightoverdarkness6 @keilah-h @theloonyone @mineralizedwritings @godlyfantasy12 @koshka @loopylin
I’m not sure who else is on here 😅
Maybe I could join in! I have an interesting villain I’m trying to develop more that I’d like to throw in, along with Ami and Ev, of course. Does that work?
Oh, and maybe Lukas too… I may just have too…
-
Esther replied to the topic I need a creature name! in the forum Fantasy 3 years, 9 months ago
Alright. This is what I’ve got.
I totally agree with Godly. What I do is look up words relating to what I’m trying to name in an obscure language, or just a different language, mixing up letters or parts of words.
For example, in my WIP, my country’s name is Themelios. (Though it may change 😅) Themelios means “foun…[Read more]
-
Light replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
@keilah-h @mineralizedwritings @loopylin @theloonyone
Okay! Well, we’re kinda just wandering around the castle. Any of you have a villain you can bring in? Or a cool room to find?
@godlyfantasy12 you can bring in Aramis, Edrich, and/or Lilith, if you like.
Lyla and Matthew
“Crosshair, no need to be so harsh,” A young woman said, walking out f…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic What is your characters greatest fear? And what is their greatest love? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
Oh I like it! Interesting fears there, a lot of ones I don’t usually see in books!
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic When is dark writing no longer writing for God? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 3 years, 9 months ago
How about we make a forum topic for romance subplots? If y’all want to?
Yeah! That sounds good.
As for Paxton….
IKR?! Quite honestly idk. I just have a thing for adorable little boys and had to have one in my series. Plus it does make the things he go thru…a lot worse…but, also makes the happier parts, the hope he keeps a…
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic What is your characters greatest fear? And what is their greatest love? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
Thanks! No that’s ok! I get it! And yeah it is a lot to catch up on 😅
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic What is your characters greatest fear? And what is their greatest love? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
lol no I have not met him! Feel free to share about him if you like!
I actually asked you about your experience in charrie romances in another forum… I believe you may have missed it XD
But anyways I would love some advice if you have any XD I have no idea what I’m doing with it
-
Esther replied to the topic What is your characters greatest fear? And what is their greatest love? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
Girl… I love Shawn!!!!
Your charries are so cool!!! (I still need to read your WIP. I really do want to, but I can never find time to sit down and do it. 😅)
AHHH THANK U FOR DOING LUKAS! *hugs baby tight* THE BABY!!! I love him XD
YES!!! Lukas is totally one of my favorites!!!
- Load More
