What is your characters greatest fear? And what is their greatest love?

Home Page â€ș Forums â€ș Fiction Writing â€ș General Writing Discussions â€ș What is your characters greatest fear? And what is their greatest love?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 147

Not sure why I wanted to write this, but here I am. *plays with my yo-yo* I’m sitting here
a bit stressed while I edit, and edit, and edit
and edit. Yeah
I spend upwards to four hours a day on this. I’m tired. ANYWAY! Y’all don’t need to know my life! SO!!!!!!

What is your characters greatest fear?

And what do they love the most?

Do they fear being alone?
      Crockpots?
      The dark?
      Slime?

Do they love someone?
      Do they love plastic guitar picks?

TELL ME YOUR ANSWER! And choose wisely, bc you never know when waffles will attack you. 

I’m tired
can you tell?

MineralizedWritings
      @mineralizedwritings
        • Total Posts: 2803

@wilder-w

Btw love your signature!

Yeah! I can tell, sorry you’re so tired! Writing is a exuasting task sometimes 😅

Ok so fear and loves

Tauren:

Love is going to be Lesli lol. They’re just friends but they’ve known each-other for like forever and yeah.

Fear: Newness, doing things with nobody to back you up, making bad choices. He doesn’t put himself out there because he doesn’t want to mess up. And just in general leaving what is familiar.

Layson:

Depends on the the story period. He’s kinda fearless 😂 but that leads to some dumb decisions. His greatest love for most of the story is his daughter Maylee, but he gets married at the end so I suppose that changes. (but he still really loves Maylee of course)

Lesli:

Greatest love probably Tauren lol. She see’s him as like her little brother. I would say exploration also, she likes newness and doesn’t need a sense of security to enjoy it.

Maylee:

Idk, I guess not being with Layson is her greatest fear 😂 her parents died when she was little so I’d imagine she’s pretty clingy. She’s about 3.

Keiryn:

Greatest fear is being alone, or not having anyone to be on his side/back him up. His friends are really unreliable (In fact I would argue they aren’t even friends). Also being disliked, he’s a total people pleaser.

Greatest love would be his outward impression he makes on other people. He tries to come off casual and confident, and wants people to view him as effortlessly charismatic.

Kaine:

greatest fear:

Well theirs a huge jumble of stuff here (poor Kaine)

People on his property/near his house, not having a direction in life, His sister (Everly) trusting people, him trusting people, Everly not needing him as much as she used too (causing him to not have a direction in life)

Greatest love: Everly, (later) Maylee (future niece), he likes hunting and rock climbing too.

Everly:

Love: Kaine and Layson, depends on the story period. And Maylee.

Fear: Not understanding how to help Kaine.

That’s about it! what about your characters?

ăžăłăŻă€€ă‹ăŁă“ă„ă„ă€€ă§ă™ïŒ

GodlyFantasy12
        @godlyfantasy12
          • Total Posts: 6645

@wilder-w ooooh!! Okay! So because u asked their GREATEST love I’m going to say that, not what they just love in general, even though they may love it extremely (ex: Their friends, family, etc, this might not be their greatest love)

Arabella-

Greatest Fear: At first her greatest fear is the side of herself that is essentially flawed. The side of herself that gets upset, makes mistakes, etc. later, her greatest fear is losing everything, mostly those she loves (a lot of this stems from her fear of losing them because of her leadership)

Greatest Love: November. This remains a constant throughout the series, as the two grow to eventually become more then friends, and have always had an extremely special connection. She really can’t imagine life without her best friend. However, as the series progresses, The Light One (God) soon becomes her Greatest Love, making November just a bit underneath. (As it should be)

November

Greatest Fear: Losing Arabella. This haunts him, and if it ever happened? Well
who knows what he’d do.

Greatest Love: Arabella.

Corvina

Greatest Fear: Herself/Trusting others.

Greatest Love: Once her brother. (Later it becomes the Light One)

Jocelyn

Greatest Fear: Losing those she loves.

Greatest Love: Nyx. Nyx and Lyn are one of those two characters you imagine always together. They’re like a dynamic duo, like Batman and Robin. Nyx is almost literally a show of Jocelyn’s Love in physical form. Later in the series, though, her greatest love spreads to Grimm, whom she eventually gives her love to. đŸ„° ah me and my double meanings lol

Nyx

Greatest Fear: Losing Jocelyn, especially if it were his fault.

Greatest Love: Jocelyn.

Grimm

Greatest Fear: Being unable to save another person he’s close to. Losing someone else

Greatest love: His late sister (and later Jocelyn, and even Nyx)

Paxton

Greatest Fear: Oof
this one’s honestly tough because my poor baby has quite a few fears
but I think it’d be between one similar to everyone else’s; Losing one of the only one’s who has loved him, or his family/the Fae. So a more haunting/metaphorical fear, and a physical fear.

Greatest Love: Arabella, his new family, and His teddy bear Hope

Luna

Greatest Fear: Failing the Light One and those around her/being unable to help others.

Greatest Love: The Light One, and her new family after that.

welp those are my MCs!

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
          #ProtectMarcel
          #ProtectSeb

Anonymous

@mineralizedwritings Awww, thank you, I love my signature too!!! It took awhile to find the right one lol.

ALL OF YOUR CHARRIES ARE AWESOME!!! I relate probably the most to Keiryn. Ach!!! That one just tore my heart!

My characters? Well

There’s Fenex, my main gal, my fennec fox, my soul sister:
            Love: Her job. She is obsessed with getting it right with the King
she just wants to be enough. Which can lead her astray.
            Fear: Being alone. Her parents died in the war
so, well, she misses them dearly!

Shawn, my dude, my swift fox, my fav:
            Love: Fenex. Always has been. Ever since he met her on the force. He desperately wants to settle down and have kits, but eh, Fenex is stubborn.
            Fear: Losing Fenex. She’s all he’s got.

Bramble:
            Love: Singing to Elohim!
            Fear: Not being strong or brave enough.

Dawn:
            Love: The Word of El.
            Fear: I don’t know hers
losing her sister maybe. Her TWIN sister. Knowing that her Sis’ got taken away from her, and she can’t do anything, well
she hurts after that.

Dusk:
            Love: She doesn’t know the meaning of love.
            Fear: EVERYTHING. But mainly getting abused.

Yeah
my charries. I love em. YUP!

Anonymous

@godlyfantasy12 AWWWWWW
.I LOVE YOUR CHARACTERS!!

GodlyFantasy12
              @godlyfantasy12

@wilder-w ur characters sound awesome!!! Ahhh ok I’m definitely buying ur book!!!

a fennec fox?!?! Yes plz!! And a sauve male fox?!?! UGH SIGN ME UP!!!!

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                #ProtectMarcel
                #ProtectSeb

GodlyFantasy12
                @godlyfantasy12

@wilder-w THANK YOU!!!! Ahhhh!!! That makes me so happy!!! đŸ„°đŸ„°

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                  #ProtectMarcel
                  #ProtectSeb

Anonymous

@godlyfantasy12 AWW, shanks!!! Yeah
I write via fox form. Fennec foxes are my fav!!!

Anonymous

@godlyfantasy12 Here, read a bit more on Fen and Shawn! ACH!!! I LOVE THEM!!!

Fenex breathed long and low trying to calm her heartbeat. She brushed her cloak aside making sure she didn’t lose anything. Dagger, check
cloak, check
satchel, check. Good, she had everything.
                      “Easy there, Girly.”
                      Her heart slammed in her chest. Irritated to be caught off guard, she plastered a smile on her face and turned to greet her life’s greatest annoyance.
                      “Shawn.”
                      A tall swift fox dropped to all fours from a branch that overhung the clearing. Standing, he walked towards her. Watching his smirk turn into a smile made the smile completely vanish from her face.
                      “Will you be attending today’s meeting or standing guard?” Please say standing guard, please say standing guard. She gave her tail a sassy wag.
                      “Ah Girly, which do you prefer?”
                      Flustered, Fenex wondered for the hundredth time if Shawn was privy to her thoughts.
                      “It doesn’t matter what I want.”
                      Shawn took a step forward and Fenex took three steps back.
                      “It matters to me.” Shawn said before clearing his throat. “No worries, Girly. I’ll be standing guard today. How ‘bout goin on a little hunt afterwards? You can tell me all about the meeting then.”
                      A pink hue flushed Fenex’s cheeks. Will he ever stop pursuing me?
                      “Ah. Never mind.” His left ear perked up and Fenex followed suit, wondering what had caught his attention. The sound of paws hitting the ground could be heard from the pathway below.
                      “Best to get goin’ Fen. Sounds like the rest of the crew is making their way up.” Without another word, Shawn disappeared into the branches above, his post for the day.

GodlyFantasy12
                      @godlyfantasy12

@wilder-w MINE TOO!!! I luv fennecs! That’s why I  have a fennec in my writings!! Well
.he’s a creature of my own making but he’s mostly based on a fennec and that’s what he looks like mostly 😂

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                        #ProtectMarcel
                        #ProtectSeb

MineralizedWritings
                        @mineralizedwritings

@wilder-w

ALL OF YOUR CHARRIES ARE AWESOME!!! I relate probably the most to Keiryn. Ach!!! That one just tore my heart!

Thank you! Oh yay I’m glad! 😂 Yeah, I relate to Kieryn a fair bit too. Oh, and I forgot he brags he hasn’t cried in two years (it’s true too). Because he thinks it makes him stronger đŸ˜„

My characters? Well

There’s Fenex, my main gal, my fennec fox, my soul sister:
                          Love: Her job. She is obsessed with getting it right with the King
she just wants to be enough. Which can lead her astray.
                          Fear: Being alone. Her parents died in the war
so, well, she misses them dearly!

oh that’s interesting. Oh and her parents died đŸ˜„ oh no poor girl

Bramble:
                          Love: Singing to Elohim!
                          Fear: Not being strong or brave enough.

Oh yeah. I relate to that. Great name too!

Dawn:
                          Love: The Word of El.
                          Fear: I don’t know hers
losing her sister maybe. Her TWIN sister. Knowing that her Sis’ got taken away from her, and she can’t do anything, well
she hurts after that.

đŸ˜„đŸ˜„đŸ˜„

Dusk:
                          Love: She doesn’t know the meaning of love.
                          Fear: EVERYTHING. But mainly getting abused.

Oh no! She doesn’t know the meaning of love? 😭😭😭 that’s sad! Interesting too though!

Yeah
my charries. I love em. YUP!

They seem most lovable! đŸ„°

Sounds like you have a cool story going!

GodlyFantasy12
                          @godlyfantasy12

@wilder-w

SCREEEEE I LOVE HIM!!!!!! *swoon* ok is it bad to already have a crush on a fox? đŸ€Ł JK JK but seriously I looooove him!!! They’re sooo cute!!!!!

They remind me of Arthur and Corvina

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                            #ProtectMarcel
                            #ProtectSeb

GodlyFantasy12
                            @godlyfantasy12

@mineralizedwritings 😭 I already liked Keiryn! I wasn’t as on the fence about him as most lol, poor bud!!

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                              #ProtectMarcel
                              #ProtectSeb

Anonymous

@godlyfantasy12 I know!!!!!! Right!!! Lol
.is it bad to have a crush on a fox!!?!??? Jk, yeah. I love him though. The best part is that Fenex doesn’t like it either!!! Ya know what, just for your sake, I’ll give you the rest of the chapter:

Fenex made her way through the tunnels, weaving around foxes, taking the path that led to the Western gates. Emerging into the night, she cautiously sniffed the air for danger. Nothing. Guards posted at the gates were alert, pacing. The one at the tower nodded to her as she passed through the opening. Her pace increased as she made her way into the forest. It was cold and brisk. Wrapping her cloak tighter around her, she veered off the well-worn path.

Deep in the northern forest held the only place where foxes were safe to talk. A cave, a secret the Kings of old carved into the depth of the Gorgo Mountains known as the Pit. Fenex knew the route by heart. Growing up, her mother was the lead messenger, her father part of the defense force. She knew every part of the surrounding woods, often bringing messages back and forth between her parents. She was trained to be the next lead messenger. Well, they got what they wanted.

Fenex stopped, scanned the forest floor and leapt onto the large oak to her right. The only clear way to the Pit was through rows of overgrown thorns that eventually opened up to a hill overlooking a massive cavern. But Fenex liked to take a different route
the trees. Shuffling up the tree, claws digging hard into the aged bark, she came to a rotted wood platform in the canopy. All her life she’d spent her days in the trees. Connecting vines and branches, she made a system of bridges and swings that only she could traverse with ease. Digging her hind claws into the oak she prepared to jump onto her platform. She leapt, paws gripping the edge. Pulling herself up, Fenex took a deep breath.

Suddenly, the platform began to creak beneath her. Grabbing a looped vine with both paws, she stepped one leg into the loop, unsheathed her dagger and cut the rope that secured her to the platform. She leapt into the air, vine going taught, swinging her through the trees. Behind her a loud crack rang out. Glancing back, she saw her old platform crumble to the forest floor. Ugh, gunna have to replace that.

Fenex soared through the trees, leaping from one vine to the next. Jumping to scamper along woven branches and then hurdled to the next vine.

Fenex held onto the last vine eyeing a landing pad of moss up ahead. Descending downward, Fenex drew in a deep breath, curled her feet up and let go. She landed with a soft thud, rolling twice before standing to full attention. Fenex breathed long and low trying to calm her heartbeat. She brushed her cloak aside making sure she didn’t lose anything. Dagger, check
cloak, check
satchel, check. Good, she had everything.

“Easy there, Girly.”

Her heart slammed in her chest. Irritated to be caught off guard, she plastered a smile on her face and turned to greet her life’s greatest annoyance.

“Shawn.”

A tall swift fox dropped to all fours from a branch that overhung the clearing. Standing, he walked towards her. Watching his smirk turn into a smile made the smile completely vanish from her face.

“Will you be attending today’s meeting or standing guard?” Please say standing guard, please say standing guard. She gave her tail a sassy wag.

“Ah Girly, which do you prefer?”

Flustered, Fenex wondered for the hundredth time if Shawn was privy to her thoughts.

“It doesn’t matter what I want.”

Shawn took a step forward and Fenex took three steps back.

“It matters to me.” Shawn said before clearing his throat. “No worries, Girly. I’ll be standing guard today. How ‘bout goin on a little hunt afterwards? You can tell me all about the meeting then.”

A pink hue flushed Fenex’s cheeks. Will he ever stop pursuing me?

“Ah. Never mind.” His left ear perked up and Fenex followed suit, wondering what had caught his attention. The sound of paws hitting the ground could be heard from the pathway below.

“Best to get goin’ Fen. Sounds like the rest of the crew is making their way up.” Without another word, Shawn disappeared into the branches above, his post for the day.

Sighing, Fenex brushed her cloak behind her and started the decent into the cavern. She slid her way down, the thunder growing louder as she came closer and closer to the face of the waterfall. Stepping up to the curtain of water, Fenex extended her paw into and through the waterfall’s entrance, waiting for the signal to enter. All of a sudden, a paw grabbed hers and pulled her whole body through the waterfall and into the hidden cave. Sputtering the water out of her mouth, she scowled up at a broad chested orange and black tod. A piece of his left ear was torn and he had smudges of ash on his cheek. The tod carried a heavy iron hammer at his side.

“Name?” The tod asked.

“Beval, it’s me, Fenex. Why did you pull me through? You know the all-clear sign. Is trouble afoot?!” Fenex replied concerned, eyes shifting around the cave.

“Beval’s my master, I’m his apprentice. Name’s Blaze.” Blaze’s cheeks had turned a fierce shade of red as he scratched his tuft. “I’m filling in for him today.”

“Oh, well. You look a lot like him.” Fenex tilted her head to the side eyeing him. “Did he not run you through how to do the all-clear?”

“Ugh, huh,” Stuttered Blaze. “I may have neglected to listen to certain instructions.”

“Well, here. Let me show you real-quick so you don’t startle the Prince when he comes through the waters.” Grabbing Blaze’s paw, Fenex slid her claws apart and mingled them in between Blaze’s claws before tapping twice on the back of his paw with her for-claw.

“Now, you try.” Fumbling through the motions, Blaze repeated Fenex’s movements. Smiling, Fenex nodded once, “There, now don’t pull anyone else through the falls. They’ll step through on their own.” Blaze went back to scratching his tuft, nodded and gave a “Thanks.”

Turning to walk back to his station, Blaze hobbled once and tripped on what looked like his own two feet.

“Ouch, are you
” Before Fenex could get out more, Blaze was already standing up and striding towards the cave entrance. Okay, then.

Walking deeper, the first room to the right opened into the blacksmith shop. The iron striking iron echoed along the stone walls. Tools hung on roots and beams, a workbench stood in the middle of the room holding blueprints and designs. The forge sat in the far-left corner with the anvil. A small round opening in the ceiling served as a chimney for the fire and a small stream of water trickled through the middle of the room out towards the front of the falls. Beval, the master blacksmith, stood inspecting some sword designs.

“Psst.”

A voice behind her made her heart jump into her throat. Whirling around, she found a curious Shawn shifting his eyes to Beval and then to her and back to Beval again.

“What are you doing sneaking up behind me!”

“Did I scare ya that time Girly? I’m sorry for that. Just wanted to know
”

Beval looked up upon hearing voices and called, “Oy! Fenex! Good to see ya, come on in and have a look at this new design I’m workin on. It’d be perfect for ya! And Shawn, I’ve got your new bow all strung and finished, used fresh Blackwood! It’s on the bench over there! It should work just fine now!”

Fenex smirked at her friend and shook her head.

“Beval, you know I prefer my dagger.” She said firmly. “I’ve gotta run, the meeting’s gunna start any minute now. But I’ll stop in again later.”

“You’re gunna need one!” Beval yelled.

Fenex turned to walk farther into the cave, a huffing Shawn hot on her heels, his new bow slung around his shoulders. “Wait for me, Girly!”

Anger welling up within her, Fenex stopped and poked a claw into Shawn’s tunic.

“What are you doing here? I thought you were on guard duty?”

That cheeky smile came back making her scowl deepen. “Ah,” He said leaning in, “But I can guard you better from here, Girly.”

“And why!? That is not my name! When are you going to grow up and call me by my name!” Silence fell over them. Shawn’s smile vanished. The most serious look overtook his features as he gazed deep into her eyes. “When you’re mine.”

Oh Shawn. He’s still holding out hope that we can one day be together. Only one problem. I’m not ready. I can’t settle down and raise a litter of kits! The kingdom needs me. And I won’t raise my kits the way I was raised. Parents always gone, leaving me to fend for myself. At the mercy of whatever surrogate mum was taking care of me that day. 

“Look. Shawn
”

“Hey, you two! Ready for the best briefing ever?!” Prince Hawthorn and his entourage had arrived and were walking their way. Shawn took Fenex’s chin and brought her eyes up to his.
                                “Later, Girly.” He said, then with a huff he turned back to the cave entrance. Sighing, Fenex turned around and headed deeper into the depths of the cave. Trying her hardest to forget the sincerity in Shawn’s eyes.

In just a handful of steps the walls opened up to a giant round room. The cave’s ceiling easily reached twenty feet tall. Granite layers glinted off the walls and, in the center, a large round pine slab served as the meeting table. Mum used to tell stories about how all the large intricate woodwork used to be imported by the beavers back when the King’s held favor with all the woodland creatures. I’ve never seen a beaver before. I’d be surprised if even old tod Harvey has seen the evasive creatures.

MineralizedWritings
                                @mineralizedwritings

@godlyfantasy12

Ikr 😭 he needs help

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >