What is your characters greatest fear? And what is their greatest love?

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions What is your characters greatest fear? And what is their greatest love?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Esther
    @esther-c
      • Total Posts: 3221

@wilder-w

Awesome question!!!

Alrighty… let’s see here…

Amidala

Love: (obviously her fam) Everton! She loves him dearly and doesn’t know what she’d do without him. She also loves God, but her fear of Him is not quite the right one, so she grows in her love and appreciation for Him throughout the trilogy.

Fear: Top of the list— Failing. She strives to be perfect. (She practically is, but she won’t believe it. 😅) She believes that that is what God requires of His children: perfection. Along with that, she doesn’t want to fail her parents or anyone else she loves.

Secondly, she has claustrophobia and hates being around crowds.

Everton

Love: Amidala. No matter what. (Even though some things happen in the trilogy that may not look like it…) He loves his brothers, but in more a protective sort of way. For example, Asher can take care of himself… but Lukas on the other hand… the poor guy wouldn’t survive without Ev. 😅

Fear: Never being loved. He’s okay with people not liking him, because that’s bound to happen. (🤣) But if nobody loved him… well… that’s an arc that could spiral downward and turn him into a villain… 😬 (that would be a really interesting AU 🤔)

And… Lukas! I know he’s more a side charrie, but I just had to do him. ☺️

Love: His brothers. He wouldn’t survive without them. 😁 (And eventually… Skyler! 🥰)

Fear: I’m not entirely sure on this one. Maybe losing his brothers. Or the fear of his father. He tries to please his father only to avoid being treated like he normally is, if you know what I mean. I’m not quite sure how to describe it. 😅

There we are!!

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

MineralizedWritings
      @mineralizedwritings
        • Total Posts: 2803

@wilder-w

Oh that was so good! Not sure if I like Shawn… I half like him but he seems so smug lol!

へびは かっこいい です!

GodlyFantasy12
        @godlyfantasy12
          • Total Posts: 6645

@wilder-w AHHH I LOVE IT!!! Your writing is so good!! The part with the trees was amazing!!! So descriptive!!! Agh!! Oh man Shawn and Fenex….yessss!

Awww were some of the surrogate moms mean? I have a feeling they were. How rude! Shawn would make such a good dad, I already know XD

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
          #ProtectMarcel
          #ProtectSeb

GodlyFantasy12
          @godlyfantasy12

@mineralizedwritings

But…those are beeeeeest XD XD XD jk I getcha, but I think he’s sincere, he kinda showed that side of himself in the one part of this scene. It’s moments like those where ur kike “ahh he does have that side to him”

now if a character never did that it would be a bit different….

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
            #ProtectMarcel
            #ProtectSeb

GodlyFantasy12
            @godlyfantasy12

@esther-c AHHH THANK U FOR DOING LUKAS! *hugs baby tight* THE BABY!!! I love him XD

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
              #ProtectMarcel
              #ProtectSeb

MineralizedWritings
              @mineralizedwritings

@godlyfantasy12

Ikr? He just seems… interesting 🤣 hey that makes a romance better if you have interesting characters. And yeah, I like him being sincere, it’s sweet!

へびは かっこいい です!

GodlyFantasy12
                @godlyfantasy12

@mineralizedwritings XD XD so that begs me to ask…

Have u met my Charrie Arthur? Lol he’s a Charrie from the second series idea I’ve got. He’s kinda like Shawn

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                  #ProtectMarcel
                  #ProtectSeb

Esther
                  @esther-c
                    • Total Posts: 3221

@wilder-w

Girl… I love Shawn!!!!

@mineralizedwritings

Your charries are so cool!!! (I still need to read your WIP. I really do want to, but I can never find time to sit down and do it. 😅)

@godlyfantasy12

AHHH THANK U FOR DOING LUKAS! *hugs baby tight* THE BABY!!! I love him XD

YES!!! Lukas is totally one of my favorites!!!

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

MineralizedWritings
                    @mineralizedwritings

@godlyfantasy12

lol no I have not met him! Feel free to share about him if you like!

I actually asked you about your experience in charrie romances in another forum… I believe you may have missed it XD

But anyways I would love some advice if you have any XD I have no idea what I’m doing with it

へびは かっこいい です!

GodlyFantasy12
                      @godlyfantasy12

@mineralizedwritings I just responded to it lol!!

Ill probs talk about him in that

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                        #ProtectMarcel
                        #ProtectSeb

MineralizedWritings
                        @mineralizedwritings

@esther-c

Thanks! No that’s ok! I get it! And yeah it is a lot to catch up on 😅

へびは かっこいい です!

Felicity
                          @felicity
                            • Total Posts: 811

@wilder-w

Editing scares me. That’s why I just keep starting new books and telling myself that the old books aren’t good enough to publish. (I mean, they probably aren’t, but I’ve been writing for at least four years now and I think I should move past the writing-first-drafts stage at some point). Anyway, sending you a hug and lots of encouragement as you tackle the editing process!!

Your characters sound really fun to write! I love that their foxes!

Great topic! Here’s some of my character’s greatest loves/fears:

Ludwika:

Loves- Her Mom, and helping others. She really likes doing volunteer work, etc.

Fears- I don’t know how to explain this, but she’s afraid that people will never see her as grown up. Her brother always has looked down on her, especially when he’s with his university friends, and her Dad acts like she’s not trustworthy and still treats her like she’s little. (He doesn’t let her make her own decisions).

Nataliya:

Loves- God, her family, and drawing.

Fears- Loosing her family, and the unknown future ahead of her.

Piotr:

Loves- Hanging out with friends (he is the life of the party).

Fears- He’s basically fearless when the story starts but as certain circumstances present themselves (no spoilers here) he gets depressed, and then starts to be afraid of getting more depression. So he’s afraid of depression, if that makes sense.

Michal:

Loves- A certain individual. 😀 (I’m having a hard time not spoiling here!) He loves discussing politics with people from the University he goes to. If you’re not “educated” in politics, he’ll just brush you off.

Fears- Looking stupid. That’s why he makes it a point to hang out with smart students, etc.

He must increase, but I must decrease.

MineralizedWritings
                            @mineralizedwritings

@felicity

Oh I like it! Interesting fears there, a lot of ones I don’t usually see in books!

へびは かっこいい です!

Felicity
                              @felicity
                                • Total Posts: 811

@mineralizedwritings

Thanks!

Yours are great too! Especially Tauren. <3

He must increase, but I must decrease.

Light
                                @lightoverdarkness6
                                  • Total Posts: 1626

@wilder-w @mineralizedwritings @godlyfantasy12 @felicity @esther-c @any-one-else-i-might-have-forgotten-I’m-so-scatter-brained-X-D-

Aww! I love all of y’all’s charries!! 😊

Okay, so all of my charries Greatest Love so far are their siblings/family. But their fears are an assortment of different things.

Matthew

Greatest Love:

His sister, Lyla. He’s very shy and get’s nervous really easily. Lyla helps him stay calm, and knows when he needs a hug. He also likes reading.

Greatest Fears:

Speaking or doing anything in front of a big group. He’s terrified of large groups of people.

Lyla

Greatest Love:

Her family, Carter (her older brother) and Matthew, and their parents.

Greatest Fear:

Losing her brother. I think in their book, something might happen to Matthew that almost hurts him really bad, and that scares Lyla to death. He’s her calm and she’s his wild. They compliment each other. Balance each other, and if one is gone, the other tips.

Asher

Greatest Love:

Is his sister, Iris. They’ve been in foster care ever since he was an infant. Iris was only 3 😭. And she’s the only mother he’s ever known. Most of Their foster parents were all right, but no one wanted them permanently, and so they were passed around from house to house. And some of their foster “parents” were…terrible. So Asher’s greatest love is Iris ❤️❤️.

Greatest Fear:

Losing Iris, or being taken from her. His other fear is… the dark. One time, when he was 3, and Iris was 6. So she was at school, He colored on the wall, just like any 3 year old does at one time or another. Well, when his foster “parents” found out, they locked him in a dark closet. For hours. And he still remembers bits and pieces of that sometimes, 10 years later😭😭.

Iris

Greatest Love:

Asher. They’re all each other has.

Greatest Fear:

Losing Asher. Asher Is her whole life. She’s the quiet one of the two, but she won’t hesitate to stand up for her brother when he needs it. And she’s learned how to be a mother to him. They need each other.

#HugRikerSquad

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >