@smiley
Active 1 year, 7 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2243
-
Esther replied to the topic Pretty Prose, Please! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 8 months ago
All that was super helpful!! Thanks so much!! 🙂 🙂
That’s a great idea! I’ll have to try that!! Thx!
I’ve seen it work and will definitely be personally implementing it as much as I can.
(After all, it’s another excuse to read Prince Caspian again…)…
-
Esther replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 8 months ago
@godlyfantasy12 @gwyndalf-the-wise @princesachronicle22
Skyler
“Of course we can be friends!” Sky said to the girl who had similar hair to hers. “I’m Skyler. Nice to meet you, Laylil!” Sky peeked over her shoulder at a young man who did seem too pleased that Laylil was over here. “Protective older brother?” She asked, motioning to the man.
Layl…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Character Questionnaire! in the forum Characters 3 years, 8 months ago
Ellie: Got sucked into a black hole once.
Eddie: Oh, yeah! And then we found ourselves back in our ship a week earlier. Everything was how we remembered it, except all the furniture in our rooms was rearranged. I think we got teleported to another dimension.
Ellie: Or the food in our dinner was expired and we just got food poisoning…
-
Esther replied to the topic My WIP!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 8 months ago
btw is Ev’s little brother still there? Along with Ami’s brothers? I haven’t heard from them so I wasn’t sure if they were still there (I might’ve missed something lol)
Yep! 👍 I just kind of… um… forgot… to mention them. Also, at this point, they are in their own prison cells, so I want it to be solely focused on them and their…[Read more]
-
Allison replied to the topic Character names, personalities etc ! in the forum Characters 3 years, 8 months ago
I struggle a lot with names to! I find what helps is either skimming through books and finding names until I find the perfect one (Thats how I found Shauna, she was from the name of an author of one of my moms books. And after that I found her last name and then I had Shauna!) Another way I find names is to look up baby boy or girl…[Read more]
-
Light replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 8 months ago
Ikr? Lol
Villains are hard. Because it’s difficult to create their motive and personality without making it cliche.
Yesss!!! It so is. I’ve been reading a lot of articles about writing one tho, so hopefully I’m improving. 🙂
-
Light replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 8 months ago
OMG!!!! YESSS!!!! Ahhh that would be PURE GOLD!!!!
And seriously, I just went to my first ever dance last night!! It was so fun!!
Lol a boy that I danced with really reminded me of how Matthew would be at a dance XDXD. He stood in the corner for a while and looked super awkward and out of place, poor thing. If we do that,…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Pretty Prose, Please! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 8 months ago
oh good question!
if it’s a large transition in location, I would put it in between chapters. then you dont have to say, “they arrived at the park” you would just start off the chapter with “Ami looked around at the park (describe lighting/colors)”
I recently realized how important lighting is in descriptions. I think I realized this…[Read more]
-
Esther changed their profile picture 3 years, 8 months ago
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 8 months ago
Ooooh… That would definitely be interesting. 🤔 XD
I’m here!
Wassup? (Besides waiting for your nails to dry, lol)
-
Esther started the topic Pretty Prose, Please! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 8 months ago
@godlyfantasy12 @freedomwriter76 @lightoverdarkness6 @mineralizedwritings @princesachronicle22 @felicity @koshka @elishavet-pidyon @kathleenramm @booksbyjayna @keilah-h @loopylin @theloonyone @power @thearcaneaxiom @otherworldlyhistorian @folith-feolin @landric @gwyndalf-the-wise @whalekeeper
So… I need help.
I’ve noticed that my prose is lac…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 8 months ago
@lightoverdarkness6 @godlyfantasy12 @gwyndalf-the-wise @esther-c @freedomwriter
anyone here to chat while i wait for my nails to dry? Goodness this is boring. XD
-
Esther replied to the topic Any other Signposters here? in the forum Plotting 3 years, 8 months ago
When I get the chance, I’ll definitely check out the Signposts! 👍 Is it in a book or an article/website?
-
Esther replied to the topic My WIP!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 8 months ago
ARE MA BOYS OKAY
I MEAN YOUR BOYS XD XD
Lol. XD
For now. 😏
Here are the next two!! @mineralizedwritings @felicity @lightoverdarkness6 @gwyndalf-the-wise
Chapter 26
Everton held his anger in as he was locked in his cell. He glanced at the door as it was shut. There was no way he was getting out. The door must have been at…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 8 months ago
-
Esther replied to the topic Wix or WordPress? in the forum Publishing & Platform 3 years, 8 months ago
Great question!!
…
To which I don’t have the answer. Lol 😅
I think @gracie-j and @r-m-archer may have websites/blogs. They may be able to offer some insight on this. 🙂
-
Esther replied to the topic They all said to start here… in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 8 months ago
@solielnaia
Setter is like volleyball’s quarterback. You’re the understated conductor of everything and it’s awesome.
Yessss!! It’s awesome!!
And all the power to ya for your caffeine tolerance.😆 I can only dream…
lol XD
-
Esther replied to the topic Character Questionnaire! in the forum Characters 3 years, 8 months ago
Ooooh boy!
What are you most scared of?
Ev: Nothing
Ami: *nudges him the shoulder… roughly*
Ev: Ouch! Okay… maybe not nothing… I… *sighs* *looks down* I’m afraid of failing… of failing those I love.
Ami: In all honesty… I’m… I’m afraid of not being good enough.
(Me: 🥲 *hugs my charries*)
What is the weirdest thing that has ever…
-
Euodia replied to the topic Character Questionnaire! in the forum Characters 3 years, 8 months ago
Ooh! I realized my characters never answered my question! XD
Riya: Tirion, you’d either be an owl or an elephant.
Tirion: Hm… I was thinking more of an eagle. But I like elephants too! You’d be a rhino or a penguin.
Riya: A penguin?
Tirion: Yeah! You’re loyal and protective!
Riya: Ahh, okay then. I was going to go with a deer but either…[Read more]
-
Light replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 8 months ago
Aww thank you!! Ugh Ikr!? He is XDXD!
I’m leaving early to go to the church dance, so I probably won’t be able to RP until late tonight or tomorrow. See you at the dance!! 😀
- Load More
