-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Witnessing to Non-Christians Through Our Stories in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 4 years, 10 months ago
Ok, so I don’t know if you’re still working over miracles, signs, and wonders, but I thought I’d join in, if it’s all right.
I understand how miracle scenes can fall flat. God is so amazing, and our best writings are so inadequate to describe Him.
Then what to do when writing miracles? Well, what do we do when we see miracles? Do…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Characteristic Lines in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 10 months ago
@trahia-the-minstrel. @elishavet-pidyon
The Horse and His Boy is my favorite Narnia book! That and the end of The Last Battle. Ah, the Hermit…
-
Elishavet Elroi started the topic Types and Shadows: Allegory Discussion in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 4 years, 10 months ago
So, I have noticed that I’m not the only person using symbolism in my WIP, and I thought it would be beneficial to have a place to discuss our allegories and find both inspiration and critique. Hence this board.
This is for all the parable tellers around here, whether your tale is a complete retelling of a Bible story, or dedicated to expanding…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Have you ever considered quitting writing? Why or why not? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 10 months ago
Oh my. Yes, I have considered putting an end to my writing endeavors. I have considered deleting/incinerating all my existing work. I still struggle over if being a published author is part of His plan for my life.
But the stories keep growing, deepening, branching out, untill they spill out in some form of other. I’ve tried to smother them, put…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Characteristic Lines in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 10 months ago
Yeah, it’s not really plagiarism…. I just have a talent for unwittingly using names others have either used or used similar ones. The funniest thing, is that the names aren’t usually common. I make them up myself.
Ah, that blissful book! There have been many times I’ve quoted the Hermit to myself….
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic What Kind of Writing do You Excel at? in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 10 months ago
Spinach coupons? Sorry, I’m all out, some giant orange lizard stole them all.
I do well on my college papers, have helped write a longish skit/short play, write poetry reasonably often, short stories less often, and ramble on in a most dignified manner over the history of the Brother-nation’s music.
I too create stories and worlds with little…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Heyyy in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 10 months ago
@trahia-the-minstrel
Ah yes, I write somewhere in that vague genre of medieval fantasy. Do you include magic or not? I honestly didn’t think I was in the afore mentioned genre as there is none in my books. But lo and behold, I am somewhere in there alright. -
Koshka replied to the topic Heyyy in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 10 months ago
Hello! I’m a homeschooler as well. I have recently (sometime during the last six months) found the Wingfeathers. I write medeaval fantasy, historical fiction, and Poetry.
Your WIP sounds interesting. I haven’t read any dystopian, and the only true Scifi book I have read was Thorny Twins. =] My brother has read some of both.
So, do…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Have you ever considered quitting writing? Why or why not? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 10 months ago
I’m pretty much like that. I love writing, whether it’s a story or an essay, but I doubt I’ll ever do it as a career. As a hobby I can see doing it, and about every profession uses writing skills.
I don’t know yet how far it will influence my “real” life, or whether I’ll even ever get anything published. All I know is that I don’t want to…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Characteristic Lines in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 10 months ago
Thank you!!!
It is rather crazy.
*Starting to wonder if I have a talent for accidental plagiarism or if this is just another mad coincidence. Then realises what the Hermit of the Southern March would say to that, and shuts mouth.*
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Heyyy in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 10 months ago
Greetings!
I’m Elishavet, and I’m glad to meet you. I am also rather new to serious writing (and KP)
I am also a homeschooler, Annieran(at times), and love poetry.
Oh, and cats. Our family has two, and my first attempt at a novel length book was about them and their conflicted relations with a large dog kingdom.
…And that as…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Characteristic Lines in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 10 months ago
“We spent yesterday up a tree. Literally. We had only been on the road for, maybe two hours, when we heard wolves. I pushed him (Smalden) up a tree and told him to climb for his life.”
“There is absolutely no reason in the world that one cannot survive off what grows in these woods. Unless of course one happens to pick what’s poisonous, and then…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Characteristic Lines in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 10 months ago
Sure, I’d be thrilled to share them now that my Chromebook is up again!
Yeah, my fanfics aren’t exactly my best writing either, but they are such fun. For my part I have especially enjoyed illustrating different character’s personalities through Wilfred’s journal. Smalls is a rather entertaining youngling, and Wilfred is such a capable…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic What's a story that you worked on for while but completely scrapped later on? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 10 months ago
Oh, I forgot to mention this is in a different world. (A little important, just a little.)
-
Koshka replied to the topic What's a story that you worked on for while but completely scrapped later on? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 10 months ago
The Lady Sapphire
In 672 a ship containing military and political secrets goes down in a storm. Most of the people on board escaped, including the captain, his wife, and their daughter (Wynfred). But the Lady Sapphire is lost beneath the waves, taking with her the keys to a kingdom.
The year is 821, and the country is on the…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic What's a story that you worked on for while but completely scrapped later on? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 10 months ago
Ugh. That is VERY annoying. I have had similar things happen, and I could have sued someone.
A funny story though: So I have a country in one of my WIPs that is called Dorwin. The citizens were called Dorwinians. Imagine my shock when I read the Hobbit and found out the elves have Dorwinian wine. The amazed, even fascinated,…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic What's a story that you worked on for while but completely scrapped later on? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 10 months ago
Oh dear. Peeks at random note book scribbles. Quickly hides them.
I started aÂ
fewstories that I have never finished (most of them were for school. All one needs to know right there.). The last one was about Avery, Son of the Wood – *cough*. So basically, there are two groups of people, the Plainsmen and the Wood People (they were…[Read more] -
Koshka replied to the topic What's a story that you worked on for while but completely scrapped later on? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 10 months ago
There’s only one book I completely ditched (As in, although I had figured out most of the plot, I stopped writing and will most likely not restart.).
I called it The Lady Saphire, after the ship wreak the whole book revolves around. It wasn’t a bad storyline, it probably had a lot of potential, but lacked purpose. It was deleted when the c…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic A Rather Belated Introduction in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 10 months ago
Amen.
I love finding out the scriptures through chasing down an allegory.
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic A Rather Belated Introduction in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 10 months ago
John 10:30! 🙂
- Load More
