-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
WOOHOO WIP TALK OH YEAAA
SOOOO I have a 7-8 book series tumbling around in my brain (cue sarcastic yippee because that’s a whole lotta books….) ANYWHOO
There are also 7 MCs!!
HAHAHA….
Ha…
heh.
Whew. Is it getting hot in here or is that just me?
Luckily they’re introduced in each book up until book 5 (when the last…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
@annabelle hey about ur WIP tho I haven’t finished it, there’s a series that is called the Waterfire saga and the main character is literally a mermaid princess (but it’s not corny at all quite the opposite). And it’s definitely YA (so just to let u know)and is a bit of a fantasy adventure.
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Calling everyone but particularly twins, triplets, and brothers (or sisters)! in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
Hellooo! I am the younger twin of a girl-girl set.
Congratulations on incorporating multiples! It is an interesting crazy fun journey ahead. 😉
Also, it’s stupendous that you have triplets in your WIP, since most books settle for twins. (Which is great, except that there is so much unseen potential in the other kinds of multiples.)
So…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
Of course you can join in!
I literally have one female MC. ONE. I don’t know what happened, and I’m not even sure she fits into the series. I have Five male characters, and I didn’t intend to write one of them. Well, that’s not counting my historical fiction novel that’s sitting on my back burner, but still, that wouldn’t…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Cover Art Sharing Space/Critique in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
Pre warning you, this is going to be long.
No, I can’t. However as we know each other extremely well, one can tell when the other is in pain just by looking at her or hearing her voice. I’ve heard of that happening too, and, while I don’t doubt some of it may be true, I believe most stories like that are over exaggerated. It…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
Your series is sounding so fun! I don’t know if it’s weird for a girl to end up having a lot of male MCs, but it happens to me too. Many times I’ll start with a female MC, and then end up writing her brother/father as MC. It’s getting a tad bit annoying. XD
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
I know, it’s awful. If I don’t cry while writing his trial and/or *cough* (spoiler emitted for the benefit of the blissfully unaware few 😉 ) scene…. I don’t think that particular scene will ever make it into the book outside of flashbacks from Winifrith and possibly William. I don’t know. It sorta happens in between two books,…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
Random question which I have been wondering; what is a cyborg?
-
Koshka replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
If any School-Papers come a squelching I’ll be ready!
I will remember that. XD
There is waayyy too much literature that isn’t literature in YA fic. We need more good books!
Thank you! Those are my absolute favorite themes EVER. You have to publish your books soon, cause I would definitely like to…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
Hmm, there has to be conflict between the characters? I don’t think my one little romantic sub plot passes. 😉
But since it’s based of a few real love stories, it’s not exactly the super dramatic thing, and therefore while it plays a major role, I would not call the series a romance saga. It’s more like what you’d find in Men of Iron,…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
Researching randomness way back before the arbalester and the handgunn made armor pointless is a joy, and may it never be squelched by school research papers! XD
Seriously though, I lose half my interest in history when gun powder enters the scene, and it takes a good ole civil war or world wide revival to stoke the same height of…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
You have given me permission to rant about my books? Gramercy!
(If you do not see the warning in that last word choice, you are blind, my friend, BLIND.)
I am greatly anticipating portraying addiction and sin with the serfs. Seriously, I’ve been thinking it was odd that the dark lords would be just letting Alwin and the other…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
That makes it easier. Sort of. You see, I have read books where a set of twins have grown up together, and are close, but when the author killed one he/she cried for like a couple days and was absolutely FINE! That makes no sense for friends let alone twins or siblings! They should have been crushed, permanently changed, grieving. Real…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
YOU’RE KILLING OFF HER TWIN!!! (From a twin)
Ok, that’s going to be hard to write. A quick question; are you familiar with twins/know real life twins?
-
Koshka replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
WFR sounds like an amazing book!
A few things I love about my books;
The themes good/evil, sacrifice, redemption, trusting God even with death, and His presence even in the worst of storms, how a good God can allow bad things to happen, faith even when it seems useless, there is nothing that He can’t forgive. So, yeah, I have a…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic My Series Keeps Growing! in the forum Fantasy 4 years, 8 months ago
UGH, yes! It gets so hard sometimes to simply put three sentences on a page and KEEP them there. Ok, I’ll not to. =]
I know!
Good! 500 woods is an achievement when one hasn’t been writing much at all.
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic My Series Keeps Growing! in the forum Fantasy 4 years, 8 months ago
@elishavet-pidyon yes you spelled it right! Kaithen is still around but kinda in the back of my mind. Way back, but I’ve also got another Biblical fantasy based off Moses in the back of my mind. Right now I’m focused on the Destined series tho.
but my main ideas for WIPs are these-
Destined series-
My Peter Pan Retelling series
My biblical fic…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic My Series Keeps Growing! in the forum Fantasy 4 years, 8 months ago
My allegorical series that I mentioned above has developed quite a bit! It’s SO exciting. For a while I had no idea where I wanted to go with it, but now that the characters are falling into place, I can see each little life story spreading out before my eyes.
It’s a good thing the they can’t see it, or I’d have a mutiny on my…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic My Series Keeps Growing! in the forum Fantasy 4 years, 8 months ago
@abigail-m aww thanks! The fact that you remember bits of my writing makes me really happy and encouraged!! 😊
@koshka I totally get ya on the not working on it/feeling progress isn’t going anywhere. I didn’t do much writing over the holidays or during November like I thought I would. It felt like forever and I’m just now starting back reall…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic My Series Keeps Growing! in the forum Fantasy 4 years, 8 months ago
It is the funniest book title acronym I’ve ended up with so far. Heart of Gold Heart of Stone. I haven’t used it much, but that title is Loooooong!
How is my WIP going? We’ll, I’ve gotten some stuff straighted out recently, but no actual writing. In fact I haven’t written any more on my books for over three months, I think. It’s…[Read more]
- Load More
