-
Koshka replied to the topic Just imagine. . . in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 8 months ago
For writing, I prefer researching earlier centuries such as the 9th-15th. Once firearms enter the scene I lose much of my interest. However, I do like researching and recreating clothing from the Victorian age.
Helmer, Whitby, Harmony, and Wilfred. I do like the MCs, especially Heather, but some of those side characters are…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Seems I'm here in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 8 months ago
Tag me if you post it on KP! My favorite character was always Beth, but Jo definitely comes next, and Laurie’s somewhere up there too. Jane Eyre is interesting. Some of my family love it, and I enjoyed it, but it’s not one of my favorites.
No trouble worth mentioning. Actually, thank you for a good laugh. I drew this two years…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Just imagine. . . in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 8 months ago
Thanks! and no, I haven’t written a series or a novel for that matter (I have attempted novels but couldn’t get them to tell me their plots. Finally, I have found some more honest books. Hopefully.).
Have you written any series and/or novels?
Evren and L sound like fun characters! I once tried to base a character off myself, but…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Seems I'm here in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 8 months ago
Hello! I’m Elishavet (And a bit late, sorry.). It’s good to meet you, and welcome to the forum!
You like G. K. Chesterton? His essays or his books? I love his essays, especially Twelve Men, The Dragon’s Grandmother, and the one about his pockets (the latter I quote not unfrequently.).
Anyway…. Questions.
What is your…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Seems I'm here in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 8 months ago
Welcome to Kingdom Pen! I am Koshka, a homeschooled nerd who writes Medieval Fantasy and sometimes historical fiction. I also happen to be INFP-T.
You asked for questions? Well then, here we go! (My answers in here)
Have you ever drawn a character from a classic? (I’ve drawn Hanna from Jane Eyre)
If you could have any animal,…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Just imagine. . . in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 8 months ago
*Deep curtsey*
Hello, I am Koshka, a somewhat prolific, if cautious, devourer of books, historical enthusiast, and general homeschooler. I write Medieval Fantasy, sometimes historical fiction, and a smattering of poetry. I also like to draw (when I have time) and talk about books (if I can find someone to listen).
Ooo, I love…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Just imagine. . . in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 8 months ago
(Your welcome! ❤️)
Oooh, the first draft will be done soon? That’s so exciting! (I hope to have two of mine plotted out by the end of this month. The first books in two separate series.)
Evren or L, you say? Those are fascinating names. What are these different reasons? (If it’s shareable. I understand if not.)
Rambling is fun!…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Just imagine. . . in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 8 months ago
Imagine a girl somewhere between 14 – 18 years of age, somewhere between this world and a million others. Someone for whom “reality” is curiously like a mirror, reflecting a reality even more real and dangerous and beautiful than itself.Â
You might end up with me.
(Someone who loves the way you opened up your introduction.…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic 4 Characters In the Land Called Miska in the forum Characters 4 years, 8 months ago
This is great! I really love these characters, by the by.
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Have you ever considered writing under a pseudonym, and why or why not? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 8 months ago
I have considered it, but since nothing I’ve written has reached publication, I never have.
Most of my pen name ideas are nerdy distortions of my real name (like Elishavet Pidyon, for instance) whereof I loved the meaning.
Why? Well, I don’t know where God wants me to go or do, and I’d rather not have my name out there, easily…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
Aw man, death scenes for our beloved characters are always like a punch in the gut. *sobs* I have some pretty heartwrenching deaths in the Life of Sacrifice series. We writers really are crazy. XD
*Moans* Yes, it hurts. We writers really are crazy. We create such traumatic scenes despite the suffering they will inevitably give to the…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
Yay!
Ugh, especially when you know about a specific topic which isn’t all that hard to research. One which some authors consistently include the modern idea of it when it wasn’t like that at all! (Ugh!)
Hmm, so maybe something to do with the themes.
-
Koshka replied to the topic Calling everyone but particularly twins, triplets, and brothers (or sisters)! in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
Oops, I just tagged myself for some obscure reason.
-
Koshka replied to the topic Calling everyone but particularly twins, triplets, and brothers (or sisters)! in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
*Deep curtsey*
It was rather enjoyable. May your characters be obedient to your whims and lively on paper.
I don’t know if it is common, or perhaps something doofy that happens to us. *Shrug*
-
Koshka replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
Did you like “The Raven”? I haven’t read any Poe. I don’t know if Ayn Rand is old as once again I haven’t read. I tend to avoid morbid stuff.
-
Koshka replied to the topic Put Your Topic of the Week Ideas HERE! in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 8 months ago
I haven’t been able to come up with anything you hadn’t already done, so I didn’t check this one. =]
Have you ever made up food for your books, and if so what was the weirdest?
-
Koshka replied to the topic Calling everyone but particularly twins, triplets, and brothers (or sisters)! in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
Swapping is fun untill you get caught (speaking from personal experience).
-
Koshka replied to the topic Calling everyone but particularly twins, triplets, and brothers (or sisters)! in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
If some random post that looks almost identical to this one appears, just now the form ate my response four times. I did copy it thankfully.
As Elishavet basically answered all your questions, I’ll just add a few things.
More specifically, how does the age difference affect your relationship and how far apart were you born?
If you are a…
-
Koshka replied to the topic Calling everyone but particularly twins, triplets, and brothers (or sisters)! in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
As Elishavet basically answered all your questions, I’ll just add a few things.
More specifically, how does the age difference affect your relationship and how far apart were you born?
If you are a brother or have a brother, I would greatly appreciate any and all information regarding your relationship.
I’m not sure if it’s the fact I’m…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
Oh, ok! =) That makes sense. I was wondering, and as nearly all (it isn’t much) the ‘sci-fi’ I’ve read was close to fifty years old I’d never heard of them.
That would be neat! I like looking at other people’s art, especially when it’s story inspired. Besides, Alan sounds like a neat subject for a drawing.
- Load More
