-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic The Beloved Character Death Discussion Page….Woohoo in the forum Characters 4 years, 5 months ago
@everyone 🤣
Sigh….it’s….rough yall….
I’m also going to seek out some advice from my mom (she’s pretty great at this kinda stuff)
@elishavet-pidyon what you said really helps.
I wouldn’t be bringing the Charrie back because I wrote myself into a corner, and it wouldn’t be a “Deus Ex Machina” thing where like they’re all about to die and OH L…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic The Beloved Character Death Discussion Page….Woohoo in the forum Characters 4 years, 5 months ago
Firstly, thank you for making this post. I don’t know how much wisdom I have to offer, since I am struggling with this same thing. Seriously, I have two characters that I am planning to kill,(one is doomed beyond hope since his death is literally the finale of his arc. The other may escape my sword. May being the operative word)…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Me idea in the forum Plotting 4 years, 5 months ago
Well, I really haven’t been paying enough attention have I? I just saw this tag. =|
That sounds like a good start for a story, and is making ideas spring into my head. If written well it wouldn’t be cliche. It has some possibilities for a powerful storyline.
Random spark of ideas- What if this country is something like Israel under…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic The Beloved Character Death Discussion Page….Woohoo in the forum Characters 4 years, 5 months ago
Yeah, murdering characters is definitely one of those harder things about story plotting. I have a MIA in one of mine who won’t come back, even though part of me is testing that point pretty hard.
Oh…
huge Wingfeather spoilerwas so well written, but, ahh, it hurt. *Sniff* -
GodlyFantasy12 started the topic The Beloved Character Death Discussion Page….Woohoo in the forum Characters 4 years, 5 months ago
(WARNING SUPER LONG, RAMBLING, CHAOTIC POST. ALSO BIG SPOILER FOR WINGFEATHER SAGA IN ONE SECTION. IT IS WARNED AND CAN BE SKIPPED JUST WATCH FOR IT.)
Tags!!
@devastate-lasting @gracie-j @scripter-of-kingdoms @abigail-m @keilah-h@elishavet-pidyon @jodi-maile @annabelle @daisy-torres @koshka @trahia-the-minstrel @libby @lydia-s @e-k-seaver @issaw…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Has a song ever inspired a story, scene, or character? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 5 months ago
UMMM…
*cough….cough…*
Pretty much all of them…..???
*sheepish grin*
ok no but seriously….music is like….a huge inspiration for scenes. Like….I cannot explain how huge. ENORMOUSLY HUGE. GIGANTIC. MASSIVE. ALL THE OTHER WORDS MEANING BIG THAT I CANNOT THINK OF AT THE MOMENT XD.
soooooooooooo the answer to ur question? A h…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic The Hope That Remains Despite Illnesses in the forum Poetry Critiques 4 years, 5 months ago
Beautiful. It never ceases to amaze me how a simple choice of words and rhythm can convey such various feelings. Your choice seems to give a broken hearted yet flowing stream of thought.
I would consider smoothing the rhythms or word choice so that the sentences work together a little smoother, but it is lovely as it is. Well…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic How Do You Turn a Spark Into a Blaze? in the forum Plotting 4 years, 5 months ago
Ooof, I have the same difficulty. Or rather, a very, very similar one. I have been working on two WIPs for almost a year. No, scratch that: it’s been over a year. Anyway, these two book ideas both started from ideas for characters, with vague impressions of their plots. Now after months of quiet world building, scene crafting, and…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic WIP Questionnaire in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 5 months ago
Yay!
Thanks. It’s good to be back. Although, I never exactly went away, just lurked in the shadows, but no one ever saw me eavesdropping. 😉
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 5 months ago
Ugh, hi!!! I have survived five nightmarish math problems and can finally respond!!(Is she excited? Feeling euphoric? Elated? Perhaps. They were hard!)
Anyway, as for my actual response, here goes.
A fanfiction on the Overseer could be spectacular. Not ridiculous at all!
You want questions/ideas? Well, the ones already asked are…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 5 months ago
Sounds fun!
I don’t remember if his backstory was mentioned, but I think not. Hmm…it would be interesting. Here are a few random questions;
- Does he view ridge-runners in the same light as children?
- Has he ever been a Strander?
- Does he remember before Gnag?
- What is his motive/ does he believe what he is doing is wrong?
…
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Do your characters tend to be more extraverted or introverted? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 5 months ago
I honestly don’t exactly know, but I think they are usually like me on that respect: they are either a weak E or a weak I. In other words, a wee bit shy, but with a love for people.
Or perhaps they are in a strange position that forces them to pretend to be VERY extroverted, like walking up to a random stranger and commenting on…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic WIP Questionnaire in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 5 months ago
Hi there! Yeah, I haven’t been on here much recently either.
The question thingy is so neat! I think I have submitted a question (or two, or three. They were in a list.), but it may not have gone through. Anyway, thanks for invitation!
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Find my characters Want/Goal in the forum Characters 4 years, 6 months ago
I know I never responded lol!’ But I did end up figuring it out and a HUGE thank you to all of y’all!!!
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Find my characters Want/Goal in the forum Characters 4 years, 6 months ago
@kathleenramm thx for the ideas!!
@madelyn ooh yes!!! That wording does fit much better for him!! Thanks so much!!
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Find my characters Want/Goal in the forum Characters 4 years, 6 months ago
AND SOME TAAAGS!!
@devastate-lasting @gracie-j @scripter-of-kingdoms @abigail-m @keilah-h@elishavet-pidyon @jodi-maile@annabelle @daisy-torres @koshka@trahia-the-minstrel @libby @lydia-s@e-k-seaver @issawriter7 @mkfairygirl@seekerofthetruth @kathleenramm@jenwriter17 @nanisnook @elfwing@seekjustice @sparrowhawke @maryg3@relia @writerlexi1216…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 started the topic Find my characters Want/Goal in the forum Characters 4 years, 6 months ago
Hey y’all so I’m having some difficulty with my character November. I’m trying to answer some questions about my characters, and I’m currently stuck on this one. What is his goal/want in the beginning of the novel (novel one mind you, so project garden).
what I’ve read says it needs to be tangible, where the reader knows for sure when they migh…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Pitch Critique! in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 6 months ago
Hmmm, fascinating! I love the extra information provided, especially since I’m a person who reads the back of covers just for the fun of it. (It might be a bit long, but that’s okay.)
Only three?! Eeekers! I’ll try. XD
- First off, this one does seem to better connect to another as a sequel. This feels more like another…
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Do you Prefer Classical or Modern Literature? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 6 months ago
That would be fascinating, and it definitely does sound fun to do. 😉
Ugh, I’ve got quite the list of those! XD
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Do you Prefer Classical or Modern Literature? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 6 months ago
The book you say? Hmmm. I’ll have to say I haven’t read it, (or watched it, other than a few clips of the play.) but it definitely sounds interesting! All I’ve heard about the book is that it is completely different from the play (or musical, or any of it for that matter. XD)
- Load More
