Wingfeather Saga

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Book Discussions Wingfeather Saga

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 235 total)
  • Author
    Madelyn
    @madelyn
      • Total Posts: 115

@annabelle

Glad to be of service 🙂

Awesome, looking forward to it! 😀

~In Christ Alone My Hope Is Found~

Elishavet Pidyon
      @elishavet-pidyon
        • Total Posts: 1013

@annabelle

Ugh, hi!!! I have survived five nightmarish math problems and can finally respond!!(Is she excited? Feeling euphoric? Elated? Perhaps. They were hard!)

Anyway, as for my actual response, here goes.

A fanfiction on the Overseer could be spectacular.  Not ridiculous at all!

You want questions/ideas? Well, the ones already asked are pretty good, (Great job, y’all) but I think I’ll go ahead and add some of my own.

Did he come from a situation where he felt like nothing but a “tool”? Often an abuser was abused, so in other words, does he enjoy breaking the children because he is tired of being only a “tool” and wants to be the one to use a “tool”? (If any of that made sense.)

I think it’s a good touch for him to be secretly afraid of children, the question I’d like to ask is “why?”

Also, does he envy the children their loving parents? Is that another reason he glories in this job? There’s no doubt but that he does enjoy his job, or at least if he doesn’t, he hides it well.

Is there some food he just can’t stand? (Okay, that’s random.)

Does he somehow see himself as better than the fangs for some reason, like that he takes “good care” of them?

So that’s about all. I hope it all works out fantabulously.

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

Annabelle
        @annabelle
          • Total Posts: 108

@elishavet-pidyon

Ooh, also great ideas! I really need to get started working on this… you guys have given me so much to work with!

In the words of Jinto Queb, "Hurry, reading is fun!"

Denali Christianson
          @denali-christianson
            • Total Posts: 51

PEOPLE THERE’S A TOPIC FOR WINGFEATHER SAGA AND I FEEL LIKE SCREAMING SO LOUDDDDDD AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There’s so much to rant about though…

@annabelle
            that is a VERY good quote you have there. *squeals*

I was one way, and now I am completely different. And the thing that happened in between was Him.

Annabelle
            @annabelle

@denali-christianson

I KNOW, RIGHT?!?!?! (I screamed out loud the first time I saw this topic, LOL.)

Tell me, since you’re new to this topic: who’s your favorite character in the WFS?

And thanks, I love Oskar’s quotes! (That one’s my fave). I even made a document of all his quotes so I could quote them randomly to all my friends. xD

Denali Christianson
              @denali-christianson
                • Total Posts: 51

@annabelle

I SQUEALED SOOOO LOUD LOL I’m sooo glad to know I’m not the only WFS crazed human around XD

GAH WHY MUST YOU ASK AN IMPOSSIBLE QUESTION????? *clears throat* all of them. Except, that’s not a good answer. So I think my favorites are Artham, Esben, and Armulyn the Bard. HOW ABOUT YOUUU???????

That is SO SMART lol I NEED TO DO THAT I appreciate his quotes sooo much. Because they’re ALL SO TRUE XD

Which of the books was your favorite???

Which scene was your favorite???

FAVORITE PLACE???

Oh oh oh! Favorite villain???

*realizes I’m interrogating you*

SORRYYYY

But seriously…

FAVORITE BATTLE???? XD

I was one way, and now I am completely different. And the thing that happened in between was Him.

GodlyFantasy12
                @godlyfantasy12
                  • Total Posts: 6645

My favorite characters are

KALMAR AND JANNER

(SPOOOOOOILER)

SOBS……

JANNNNNNNNEEEEEEEERRRRRRRR *SCREEEEEECHES IN PAIN*

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                  #ProtectMarcel
                  #ProtectSeb

GodlyFantasy12
                  @godlyfantasy12
                    • Total Posts: 6645

SPOILERS (I warn just in case XD)

I also cried over nugget (both times)

AND THEIR REAL FATHER

and I cried over PODO OH MY GOSH ESPECIALLY BECAUSE I’M THE GRANDDAUGHTER WITH THAT RELATIONSHIP WITH HER GRANDPA.

AND THEN JANNER.

to save my favorite character….Kalmar….

why.

WhY?!?!?!

WHY?!?!?!?!??!

that series ripped out my soul just so u know. I haven’t recovered and I doubt I ever will but yea.

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                    #ProtectMarcel
                    #ProtectSeb

Elishavet Pidyon
                    @elishavet-pidyon

@godlyfantasy12

Hahaha-*laugh is suddenly cut short with the realization hits that I practically did the same thing*

I love Esben. I also love that (if I’m not mistaken) Kalmar is shown what Esben looked like before the fall of The Shining Isle.

Anyway, my favorite characters are probably Janner, Leeli, Artham, Kalmar, Esben… Ik, just take all the main protagonist characters for me.

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

Annabelle
                      @annabelle

@denali-christianson

Those are AMAZING characters! (Although, pretty much all the characters in the WFS are amazing, so….)

My favorite characters are probably Sara (because I can relate with her the most), Artham (because he’s just so cool with his wings and stuff), and Janner (because, duh, he’s the hero).

I know, Oskar’s quotes are amazing! And despite the fact that they are frighteningly random, they are still so applicable. xD

My favorite book was North! Or Be Eaten. How about you?

Scene… um… that is so hard! Probably either the scene when Janner dies (I know, that’s horrible, but it’s true) or the scene in the Fork! Factory where Janner has to leave Sara behind. Both of those were heartbreaking. *cries for the hundredth time after reading the books* How about you?

Favorite place: Definitely the Green Hollows.

FAVORITE VILLAIN?!?!?! How am I supposed to choose a favorite villain?! I hate all of them lol. Are you asking about which villain I like the most as in I like their character as a person, or which villain is written the best and most villainous?

I can’t even keep track of all the battles in the book xD. Probably the one up in the Ice Prairies where Gammon came and stuff. That was cool.

So now, you answer all the questions you just asked me plus three more:

• What did you think of the ending of the book? Do you think Janner lived after he died? (Okay, the way I said that just sounded super weird…)
                        • If you could meet any one of the Wingfeather characters in real life, who would you meet?
                        • Janner + Sara, Kalmar + Maraly, or Leeli + Thorne?

Elishavet Pidyon
                        @elishavet-pidyon

@annabelle

Ok, just hopping on here and completely interupting because-

*Tries to hold in tirade.*

Did you just couple Kalmar with Maraly?

No. Not at all.

For one, can a character make a friend without it becoming a love interest, please? (Ok, that was my frustration at a different book speaking, sorry.)

Still, not Maraly. If we’re going to match-make, let her be Galya. They understand each other much better, and Maraly DOES NOT need to be Queen of the Shining Isle. She’s happy where she is.

Galya though,…

I guess you do have the right to your own opinion, but I just had to share mine. 😉

(And it is just fiction. Have as much fun as you like. 😉 )

Annabelle
                          @annabelle

@elishavet-pidyon

What? Maraly kissed him, and you can totally tell Kalmar likes her! Plus, they have like, REALLY similar personalities in some ways.

However… I can kind of see what you mean about Kalmar and Gayla. Both of them being former Fangs, I guess they would understand each other pretty well.

You’re making me second-guess myself! xD I had always thought of Kalmar and Maraly as a couple, but now that you mentioned Gayla I’m super doubtful.

Elishavet Pidyon
                            @elishavet-pidyon

@annabelle

Bwahahaha! Glad to shake the foundations upon which you built your view of these books!

(Okay, maybe just teasing a little…)

I will admit that although I like Maraly, I don’t think the two personalities would work well together. I don’t know, but I think that I think Kalmar has changed a lot since then, and that he will continue to grow – and in a different direction than Maraly. But that’s all opinion and hearsay, so you know. 😉

However, with Galya and Kalmar I feel satisfied. They do both share similar back-stories of failure and redemption that I like to put together. Especially with Kalmar making sure Nuzzard was saved and all that.

But there’s an argument for both sides I guess. (I’m still sticking with Galya, though.)

Annabelle
                              @annabelle

@elishavet-pidyon

It’s true, you did! xD >:(

Yeah, I can see what you’re saying… I think I’ll stick with Maraly, but I agree that there are also arguments to both sides.

AnnabethKatherineWingfeather
                                @annabethkatherinewingfeather
                                  • Total Posts: 23

OH MY GOODNESS! I love Wingfeather Saga so much! I just finished re-reading the series and although I was thankfully at home while reading the real sob-starter in Warden and the Wolf King, I was *cough* in math class reading the scenes with the cloven at the end of Monster in the Hollows. Oops. My friends were all very concerned as to why I was weeping over my textbook!

My favorite character is definitely Janner. I am the oldest of three siblings, love to write, and feel a lot of pressure to be the perfect older child. Andrew Peterson succeeded were all authors have failed in causing me to relate so strongly to a male protagonist, and Janner’s character arc is so beautiful and I can relate to him in a lot of ways. I also love Leeli, Nia, Kalmar, Artham, Sara… there are so many wonderful characters in these books!

My favorite book is either On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness or Warden and The Wolf King. I mean, I can’t really pick a favorite as I love them all…

Favorite scene: in North! Or Be Eaten there’s the scene were Ronchy McHiggins comes downstairs after their Wingfeathers’ guide to the Ice Prairies betrays them, and Janner and Kal are sleeping huddled with Kalmar’s head on Janner’s shoulder. My sister reminds me a lot of Tink, and that scene really hit me: we fight a lot, but I can absolutely see us in the same place.

Just a quick note: this is my first big post on Kingdom Pen and I have never been gifted with being concise, so I’m sorry this is going to be so ridiculously long.

My favorite place has to be Anniera. Even though we never see it fulfilled, I just think it’s beautiful.

If by favorite villain you meant least favorite person, BONIFER SQUOON. And although we don’t see him much Ouster Will is just awful, really. The two of them combined caused all of the awful things to happen.

I don’t know about a favorite battle… maybe actually the Battle of Dugtown with the Skreeans. I just think it’s really cool.

Again, sorry this was so long! I hope you all don’t mind me bursting into your conversation like this!

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 235 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >