@orielle21
Active 3 years, 5 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 173
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic When is dark writing no longer writing for God? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 3 years, 9 months ago
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic When is dark writing no longer writing for God? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 3 years, 9 months ago
I mean in the second book one readers might think there’s one but it’s just…yea whatever
Ah yes, faking readers out is one of the best feelings, especially when they fall for it hard 🤣
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Writing Romantic Subplots! in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
yeah, I really like Grimm for some reason! Like idk why! He sounds so interesting, and his name seems very fitting.
Nyx having to talk to people he doesn’t trust out of need is a really interesting thing…
Aww he’s a sweetheart inside? I love that 😀!!
haha yes… pet peeve… lol I get it. And if I were an intelligent animal I…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic When is dark writing no longer writing for God? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 3 years, 9 months ago
I get that! I haven’t read enough to have a stance on that, I just know that a lot of the books with the teenage crushes tend to be not ok, so I don’t read them. I actually really like the teenage crushes in books, but you have to be careful how it’s portrayed. I think people need to realize teenage crushes don’t have to have…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Writing Romantic Subplots! in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
Oh I love that plot for your characters! Sounds awesome!
That actually is so similar to what I’m doing, but different too.
I love Nyx only being heard by those he trusts… does he trust Grimm? and I can’t imagine the frustration of trying to tell people your fox brother talks (or are people familiar with the species?) when only…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
Feel free to add whoever, it can get hard to keep track of with a lot. I think we each have two in right now. 🙂
@theloonyone @loopylin @kielah-h @lightoverdarkness6
Allow me to remove Kaine and Everly from the castle, its going to be awkward but we’ll just pretend it worked just fine….
Kaine
Kaine stares at Crosshair. He turns…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Writing Romantic Subplots! in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
Honestly it’s sorta like what happens with Nyx, Grimm and Jocelyn in my book series, except you have a bit of leeway due to it being in comic form 😊
Oh yeah! I know a little bit about them… Nyx is a fox… right? And I might be getting this wrong, Jocelyn is his sister? And she and Grimm are together, right? Mind if I ask how a f…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Writing Romantic Subplots! in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
Now as for the loud Vs quiet…I would advice steering clear of Layson changing and becoming totally quiet to please Kaine or changing himself completely, but he can adjust a few things maybe to be just a bit calmer around the boy until he becomes more familiar with him, but Kaine will also need to grow too as the time goes on.…
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Writing Romantic Subplots! in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
Not exactly sure what you mean by pov characters…
It’s eventually going to be comic style, so there isn’t much of a pov. Anybody’s thoughts can be shown too.
Layson is 19, I think Everly is 22. Layson is really mature for his age.
Oh I’m not sure if I want them to get married in the book, I think it might be a ending thing…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Writing Romantic Subplots! in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
@godlyfantasy12 @anyone else who wants to help!
Oh, great advice!
So here’s my problem:
Kaine, Everly’s younger brother has been caring for here pretty intensely since she got injured about 6 months prior. Exuasting himself so that she can be comfortable has basically become a way of life for him. He feels it’s the least he can do, because she…[Read more]
-
Felicity replied to the topic Writing Romantic Subplots! in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
Those points are really good!
In one of my WIP’s I have romance between a non-Christian girl and a Christian guy that ends up shattering because the girl doesn’t understand why he is so passionate about Jesus. She asks, “Can’t you just keep your religion in the background?” And he has to tell her, “No, that’s not how it works.”
-
Felicity posted an update 3 years, 9 months ago
My new favorite word: scripturient- one who has a passion for writing. 😀
-
Felicity replied to the topic My WIP!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 9 months ago
-
Felicity replied to the topic When is dark writing no longer writing for God? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 3 years, 9 months ago
The way I see it, people won’t notice if language isn’t there, but they will notice if it is.
Good point. Very good point.
Hey I’m in if you start a Romance Subplots topic!
-
Felicity replied to the topic When is dark writing no longer writing for God? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 3 years, 9 months ago
Yeah, good thoughts. That’s better than writing the actual word for sure.
-
Felicity replied to the topic What is your characters greatest fear? And what is their greatest love? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic What is your characters greatest fear? And what is their greatest love? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
Oh I like it! Interesting fears there, a lot of ones I don’t usually see in books!
-
Felicity replied to the topic What is your characters greatest fear? And what is their greatest love? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
Editing scares me. That’s why I just keep starting new books and telling myself that the old books aren’t good enough to publish. (I mean, they probably aren’t, but I’ve been writing for at least four years now and I think I should move past the writing-first-drafts stage at some point). Anyway, sending you a hug and lots of…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic When is dark writing no longer writing for God? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 3 years, 9 months ago
How about we make a forum topic for romance subplots? If y’all want to?
Yeah! That sounds good.
As for Paxton….
IKR?! Quite honestly idk. I just have a thing for adorable little boys and had to have one in my series. Plus it does make the things he go thru…a lot worse…but, also makes the happier parts, the hope he keeps a…
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic What is your characters greatest fear? And what is their greatest love? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
Thanks! No that’s ok! I get it! And yeah it is a lot to catch up on 😅
- Load More
