@mineralizedwritings
Active 3 months, 4 weeks ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 3200
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Talking about are Fanfics in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
kinda random but what did you think of my writing style and prose? Is it a little annoying that the character’s thoughts kinda bleed onto the page sometimes? Like this:
Sniper kept pacing. Despite his attempt to remain an emotionless interrogator, I could see the pain in his eyes. Part of me would’ve gone over to take his hand if I hadn’t been tie…
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Talking about are Fanfics in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
I was re-reading it today, editing little bits–putting in better words for things and stuff, y’know, and every time I do that I’m always like “wow…I wrote this?”
As much as I make fun of it, I feel like this kinda goofy somewhat self-insert fan fiction for a video game I don’t even play has been one of my best works so far.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Talking about are Fanfics in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
@theshadow oh thanks! Didn’t expect you to actually want to do it lol.
That’s perfectly fine if you’re too busy! Just tell me whenever you do have the time to write and I’ll get you that “inside information” lol
I’m assuming that means you’re pretty much finished with what I’ve got.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 2 years ago
but yeah I was up at like 10 two nights ago drafting a scene that won’t even make it into my WIP and is just me experimenting with the characters’ personalities.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 2 years ago
@ellette-giselle LOL that last one
the first one too, it’s like bruh, what are parents for if they aren’t gonna teach their kids? Are we mere animals that abandon their young to fend for themselves? Like a bearded dragon lizard that leaves her eggs alone and doesn’t even recognize her babies as fellow lizards?
Seriously. Even crocodiles care…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
If they target Quincy, you can be sure Marcel will notice and protect the whole class. I think he’s still nearby. That is, if Leo needs help XD
-
whaley replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
@theshadow (you’re good!) @rae
Barnes
The two other parties continued theorizing. Barnes, meanwhile, flitted through her own thoughts in silence. When the last young man spoke, she spoke quickly after. “Fine. As long as we find a kitchen storeroom and secure firelit bedrooms along the way.”
A piece of her believed they were locked in. This…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
@freed_and_redeemed I don’t think I have a review on Amazon or anything yet. You could just use my KP reviews.
I’ll provide you a link to my first book so you can see my name and what my books are like if you wanna point out that I’m also an author:
Hopefully that works. You could say something like…[Read more]
-
freedom replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
@keilah-h cool! Did you have a review, or do you just want me to use some of what you said here on KP? And I’ll just use your first name if you want or I can add your full name and add what books you’ve published like I’m going to do for Ellette, up to you. Just let me know what your book(s) titles and your full name is if you wanted to do…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
@freed_and_redeemed that’s ok with me!
-
freedom replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
*anywho
-
freedom replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
@keilah-h @rae @ellette-giselle @esther-c @anyone-else-idk
I’m still taking a break from KP, but I had to pop on here to ask y’all if you would be okay with me using your Amazon/Goodreads review(s) for an Instagram post to show what readers are saying about Freedom’s Fire to help me with some marketing.
You can stay anonymous or I can…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years ago
@ellette-giselle @linus-smallprint
I would pay decent money for a good set of Narnia graphic novels! It would be a little hard to do them all though.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
@savannah_grace2009 what do you hate about it specifically?
maybe take a break from that story and come back to it later.
If you hate your writing because you’re comparing it to someone else’s….well, just don’t. It doesn’t matter how good someone else’s story is–if it’s making you feel negative about your own writing because you think that…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Character Hunger Games (Inspired by YWW) in the forum Genre-Writing 2 years ago
@whalekeeper found another soundtrack!!
when the battle begins and twenty-four characters are spread throughout the landscape to find and kill each other, this is what echoes in their minds:
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
@power lol great poem
-
hybridlore posted an update 2 years ago
@acancello Hey girl! How are you doing? I saw from your profile that you live in NC. How is the hurricane damage up there? I hope your family is doing ok!
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
@savannah-grace2009
I hear you, Sara. I hate my writing right now too.
How about this? Write me a paragraph describing a rose, in the most creative way you can think of. Maybe it will turn out better than you think. :]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
Ugh…I just hate it right now *screams in a rage*
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
There is a city around the school, and some characters are less tied to the school itself but spend time there for whatever reason. 👍
- Load More

@hybridlore
Hi! Thank you so much for thinking of me, that means so much <3
Thankfully we are pretty far from Asheville, and just got a ton of rain, no damage here.
I saw below that you're in Indiana. Are you doing Ok?
Glad to talk to you again 😀
Of course, girl! I’ve missed you. ❤️
That’s good! I’m glad. I’ve heard it’s horrible in some places. Yes, I’m doing great! Back in Georgia now, our power’s back on. Same thing here, not much damage here, but lots of trees fell down and messed with the power lines. Thankfully everyone is pretty much back to normal now. My family is thinking abou…[Read more]
Oh, sorry, I misread that😅 Its great to hear your OK.
I’ve heard Indiana is really pretty, have you fully decided yet?
We haven’t been doing much lately. Just tons of school and me and my brother are trying to decide what to be for Halloween. Does your family dress up?
No, that’s ok! Sorry about the late response. My family has not made any permanent decisions but is looking for houses in the area and my mom’s talked to a realtor here about selling our house. So we’ll see.
Yep, we usually do! I think me and my sister might go as cowgirls this year and my brother is going to be a clown basketball player? lol.