Home Page › Forums › Fiction Writing › General Writing Discussions › Talking about are Fanfics
- This topic has 1,736 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 7 months ago by
Keilah H..
-
AuthorPosts
-
October 4, 2024 at 1:04 pm #186687
I was re-reading it today, editing little bits–putting in better words for things and stuff, y’know, and every time I do that I’m always like “wow…I wrote this?”
As much as I make fun of it, I feel like this kinda goofy somewhat self-insert fan fiction for a video game I don’t even play has been one of my best works so far.
Gerald handled that. You donât question Gerald. (if you know you know)
October 4, 2024 at 2:49 pm #186691kinda random but what did you think of my writing style and prose? Is it a little annoying that the character’s thoughts kinda bleed onto the page sometimes? Like this:
Sniper kept pacing. Despite his attempt to remain an emotionless interrogator, I could see the pain in his eyes. Part of me wouldâve gone over to take his hand if I hadnât been tied up. The other part was too annoyed at him for tying us up in the first place to think of such a thing.
If anyone tells you relationships are easy, they are lying.
That last bit, is it annoying that she just inserts her thoughts on the topic at hand or do you feel like it’s an accurate representation of a first-person view?
you are past this part rightMy personal headcanon for this story is that Huntress is either writing all this down for the sake of someone who didn’t go through any of it and wants to know the story [honestly it’d be super funny if she were telling it to her and Sniper’s kids or something, so it’s basically a super long version of “oh yeah, this is how I met your dad” and like half of it they don’t even understand lol], or she’s writing for herself to remember everything that happened–for what reason I don’t know, but it might come to me eventually cause that’s how it goes with my writing. So to me, it stands to reason that she’d be randomly like “speaking of which, here’s a little thing I learned from this incident” because that’s what I’d do and I largely based her personality off myself (if I were a little crazy, that is). But I’m not sure how that style settles with my readers, so……
Gerald handled that. You donât question Gerald. (if you know you know)
October 10, 2024 at 8:43 pm #187350Thatâs perfectly fine if youâre too busy! Just tell me whenever you do have the time to write and Iâll get you that âinside informationâ lol
Got it!
Iâm assuming that means youâre pretty much finished with what Iâve got.
Almost, Iâve been slacking a little though so I need to pick up on it again.
As much as I make fun of it, I feel like this kinda goofy somewhat self-insert fan fiction for a video game I donât even play has been one of my best works so far.
Thats good, it is a nice, clean work thatâs fun.
That last bit, is it annoying that she just inserts her thoughts on the topic at hand or do you feel like itâs an accurate representation of a first-person view?
No, I think itâs fine, I like how you tell your story.
My personal headcanon for this story is that Huntress is either writing all this down for the sake of someone who didnât go through any of it and wants to know the story [honestly itâd be super funny if she were telling it to her and Sniperâs kids or something, so itâs basically a super long version of âoh yeah, this is how I met your dadâ and like half of it they donât even understand lol],
I like this one the best lol, that would be such a fun story to tell.
-
This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by
TheShadow.
âHe sure is a frog-walker, he heaves a big sigh
He only lacks wings for to be on the fly.âOctober 11, 2024 at 12:28 pm #187408@theshadow lol I’m glad you’ve enjoyed it!
No, I think itâs fine, I like how you tell your story.
yay!
I like this one the best lol, that would be such a fun story to tell.
Haha, yeah it would be hilariously funny, and it means I get to design Changeling/Argonite hybrids, which I bet would be super cool.
Honestly I have so many ideas for hybrids of all the different kinds. Maybe I should go over to the creatures chat and talk about them some……
Gerald handled that. You donât question Gerald. (if you know you know)
October 13, 2024 at 8:17 pm #187502Honestly I have so many ideas for hybrids of all the different kinds. Maybe I should go over to the creatures chat and talk about them someâŚâŚ
Yes please!! That would be really fun to hear your ideas.
âHe sure is a frog-walker, he heaves a big sigh
He only lacks wings for to be on the fly.âOctober 14, 2024 at 11:58 am #187542@mineralizedwritings @keilah-h @rae @euodia-vision @smiley @ellette-giselle
Chapter 3 ?
Chapter 3
He did not appreciate the glances Clint offered his way.
âTwas only due to Laura Bartonâs kind motherly spirit that their âfair maidenâ had finally released the name given to her at birth: Yelena.
He knew not all what they had discussed, but gathered around the fire, with Laura nor Yelena present, Clint shot him the most searching, pointed glances.
âTwas not settling.
No, he did not suspect Clint of anything bad nor malicious, but Clint did, in fact, have quite the reputation for being one to ask far too many questionsâmore questions than Steve ever appreciated or asked for.
Questions were something Steve had no desire for.
âIt âtis curious how Laura was the one she spoke to at first.â
âNot surprising, Scott,â Clint said around a mouthful of soup, âfor it âtis true my wife is the kindest woman I have ever laid eyes upon. It âtis not my tale to share, nay, Yelena did not even speak much of it when I was present, but Laura is speaking to herâŚit âtis likely that Yelena has such hidden, deep pain.â
Another settled, pointed look turned his way.
Steve tore off a piece of bread and shoved it into his mouth, chewing slowly.
Nay, he would not answer a question even if Clint so dared to ask.
It tâwasnât fair that Clint insisted Steve open his deepestâno, he could never share what was best left covered and buried amidst the darkness.
âAh, well, then I hope she may find peace here.â Scott murmured, also seated around the fire, slowly nodding.
Children who had long finished eating played a few meager feet away, laughing, smiling, giggling, twirling. Many still lacked proper weight, but over time, they seemed much less ill.
They were healthyâhealthy as could be given such difficult conditions.
The health of all who lived in the forest, and others who lived in such poverty, it âtwas his missionâŚhis reason for fighting.
Lord Pierce, King Thor, Rumlow, othersâŚthey richly deserved what difficulties they so received: âtwas only justice.
Was it not fair to provide for the defenseless by inconveniencing those that oppressed?
âSteven Grant, âtis it not true that there âtwas more than enough to go around for all? And yet, I see it âtis also true that you permitted yourself very little food of all that has been prepared.â
Dragged from his reverie, heat spread across Steveâs face. He offered the faintest hint of a smile and glanced up at the brown-haired, gentle-spoken older woman regarded as the most motherly of all that lived in their forest sanctuary. âI âtwas not very hungry.â
âLies, Steven. It âtis unwise to lie to Winifred, for she knows you better than you may perhaps know yourself.â
ââTis unfair for her to insist I need something I âtwas in no need of, Sir Barnes.â
George and Winifred shared a glance, a glance that spoke more than words could possibly explain. Despite their care, Steve knew deep concern laid beneath their compassion. Not only concern for Steve, but for their three daughters and for the son they hadnât seen in yearsâindeed, Winifred and George grieved Bucky as any loving, hurting parent would.
If they knew how he had failed, how he had not rescued, how he himself had fell victimââHe shall be punished with-ââno, no, NO.
He wasnât the same man he was then. He was fighting back nowâhe wasâŚhe wasââHere, take a bowl of soup.â Lauraâs gentle, telltale voice.
Steve turned his head. His gaze met Yelenaâs, but she merely took the bowl offered to her by Laura and quickly glanced away. How long had Pierce had her imprisoned? Had she been there when Steve had failed to do what heâd vowed to do?
Did she know of his connection? Did she know who he was? Did she know what Pierce had doneââStop thinking about that.â He admonished himself.
Steve stood, set his bowl alongside other bowls that had been emptied, offered a gentle nod Winifredâs way, thanking her for making the soup, and stepped away.
He shoved the last bite of bread into his mouth.
It wasnâtâno, he could not, would not, reminisce over all that had occurred.
Footsteps echoed behind him, and Steve groaned. Not ClintâŚnot again.
When could he be left alone to fight his own fight? When could he be left alone to wrestle his own demons?
âSteve, donât run away.â
A brisk turn of his heel, and Steve met Clintâs gaze. A single breath chuffed out, and he rasped, âJust leave me alone.â
Clint took a few steps forwardâindeed, Clint could not listen to ordersâand clasped Steveâs muscled shoulder. His eyes peered into Steveâs, questioning, searching. ââŚYou canât bury the pain forever, Steve.â
âYou know nothing about me.â Steve retorted. He pulled his leather shoulder coverlet out of Clintâs grip and shook his head. âIâm not burying anything.â
âYour reluctance to be open with anyone is evidence that youâre hiding something, Steve.â
âOthers need your aid far more than meââ
âNay. Indeed, others are in need of help, but âtis also true that has no factor over whether or not you are in dire need of aid.â
No.
Donât let anyone know.
  Donât let anyone close.
Donât get your heart broken again.
âIt âtis getting late, Barton,â Steve stepped away, keenly aware that his words had gripped the attention of others around the encampment, âI must retire for the night. âTwas a good day, but more must be done if we are to survive.â
âSteveâŚâ
Steve turned on his heel and kept up a quick pace, arriving at his tent in mere moments. Whereas others had homes, he was quite fine with, even fond, of a tent.
Suited his needs well enough.
His breath chuffed, and Steve clenched and unclenched his fists.
âBreathe, breathe.â He whispered.
He would think not of his failure. He would think not of his best friend nor another that had been the love of his life. He would not think of the sting of the lash nor the fire of the brand.
Nay.
He would sleep and he would sleep well.
He would fight for the defenseless and provide for those who could not provide.
Steve swiftly changed into something more comfortable and settled down on the rough straw, eyes glued to the top of the tent. He removed his leather boots and settled deeper into the straw. He ran his fingers across his threadbare blanket, across loose threads his mother had tried so desperately to fix but never could. Such familiarity, such comfort.
An echo of a time when life was good, devoid of the loss of innocence, devoid of the crushing weight. An echo of a life that had been hard but filled with warmth, filled with a warm embrace that held him close and swiped away his tears, an embrace that kept him fed, clothed, and comforted. An embrace that kept him reminded, reminded of a love that knew no boundaries.
Steve yawned, still fingering the loose threads of the blanket that reminded him of such relentless warmth. His eyes slowly fluttered closed, and sleep did not flee from him.
~***~
âHis Majesty will most appreciate his order being complete sooner, Stark.â
Hefting a bundle of glistening swords, Bucky cast the quickest of glances Rumlowâs direction. Despite how many times heâd seen the blacksmith the King seemed to respect so much, it didnât take away the coldness that remained in the manâs dark brown eyes, nor the chill that spread up and down Buckyâs spine when he stepped within the shop.
He wondered if even the intelligent Tony Stark was blissfully unaware of Pierceâs evil.
He was close, so close to finding the identity of Pierceâs buyers, even closer to discovering the identity of Pierceâs hired thugâa pirate, if sources were indeed correct.
Though he knew not how Pierce could have connections to pirates.
UnlessâŚâBuchanan, it takes not that long to place weaponry in the wagon.â Rumlow barked.
Bucky settled the swords in the wagon, briskly turned on his heel, and slightly bowed at the waist. âApologies, Sir Rumlow.â
Rumlow scowled. âYou better be.â
The quick glance from Starkâsympathy?
Nay, he had not time to ponder it. Best to gather the weaponry quickly, else risk the sting of the lash. The stiffness yet remained from the last demonstration of the lash upon his back.
Bucky winced and lifted another bundle.
Indeed, he could not risk thinking, nor tarryingâthe pondering over Pierceâs illegal matters was dangerous enough even if he did not tarry in his duties.
Nay, Pierce had not yet discovered that Bucky could readâand did readâhis occasional message. He thought Bucky too uneducated to learn.
Well, he would never be right about that.
Despite the poverty they suffered, Winifred Barnes had never been a woman to consider education a wasteânay, his Ma had ensured they knew how to read and write and think for themselves.
His stomach clenched.
He missed his Pa and his Ma. And Caroline, Kathleen, and Becca. And Steve.
There were times he wished heâd accepted the offer, but nay, he had to discover Pierceâs buyers and most of all his thug before too much time passed and he could no longer discover them.
Bucky chewed on his bottom lip.
Pierce hid somethingâsomething massive, something he discussed not in his letters. Indeed, Bucky knew Pierce hated to be stolen fromâŚlied to.
But nay, he couldnât be after Rogers Hood and his Woodland Rangers. Or could he?
Steve was strong, intelligent, skilled, and passionate: qualities a man like Pierce loved if they worked for him rather than against him. But indeed, Steve would likely sooner die than work for Pierce.
Though enslavement was a burden some had to bear.
Nay, Pierce would not lay hands upon Steve Rogers againâhe could not.
The begsâŚthe screamsâŚthe pleas.
No, he would not even consider it would happen again.
The discovery of Pierceâs buyers and the thug he had hired was of the most importance.
Bucky slung the last bundle of weaponry into the wagon and watched as Rumlow handed Stark a meager payment.
Stark glanced at the money, at the wagon, at his shop, and then Rumlow. He raised a single eyebrow and frowned. âThis is not the payment His Majesty agreed upon.â
Rumlow smirked and nodded, turning to the wagon and motioning Bucky into the coachâs seat. âIt âtis the payment Lord Pierce decided was quite enoughâand quite fitting, given your inability to listen to his counsel.â
âI cannot afford help.â
Bucky settled into his seat, gripping the horsesâ reins.
Pierce had given Stark a payment less than the King had first agreed uponâLord Pierce was nothing except a criminal that grew far more evil with each passing moment.
âThen help shall be forced upon you, Stark, or else you shall lose this establishment entirely.â
Stark opened his mouth, closed it, stared at Rumlow, and opened his mouth again. He quickly closed it, turned on his heel, and marched back within his shop, the door closing behind him with an echoing thud.
Rumlow chuckled and settled on the seat beside Bucky, admiring a single silver blade and grinning like a madman. âStark will soon find that it is ill-thought of him to try and undermine Lord Pierceâs powerânay, he will soon learn that Pierce is a Lord not to be trifled with. There are grave consequences for crossing himâblasted, Buchanan, get this wagon moving! We donât have all day.â
âYessir.â Bucky bit out.
Nay, it was very unwise to cross Lord Alexander Goodwin Pierce.
âTwas only a matter of time before all learned that.
He nudged the horses along and released a deep sigh underneath his breath. He would discover Pierceâs buyers and his hired thugâfor every life depended upon it.
Bucky glanced up, set his jaw, and stared straight ahead, vowing he would never stopânay, not even if his life depended upon it.
"âŚbut we are safe, truly and wonderfully safe, when we keep walking with Him.â
October 14, 2024 at 3:21 pm #187556@theshadow All righty, I’ll be sure to do that!
@freed_and_redeemed wowwww I’m loving this story! My only issue: I get you’re trying to do a pseudo-Old English speech pattern, so it’s not accurate by any means, but when you say “It ’twas” the T in ’twas already stands for “it” so it’s kinda redundant.Not anything that diminishes the quality of the story though, it’s still amazing.
I would have loved to show you the medieval fan art that this story is reminding me of, but it’s all for two of my other fandoms and is 0% Marvel related…..lol
Gerald handled that. You donât question Gerald. (if you know you know)
October 14, 2024 at 4:57 pm #187564@keilah-h Tysm!!! I’m so glad you’re enjoying it!! :3
I wouldn’t mind seeing them! You just may have to give some context?
"âŚbut we are safe, truly and wonderfully safe, when we keep walking with Him.â
October 15, 2024 at 5:59 pm #187653@freed_and_redeemed haha!
ok.
maybe they exist in the same universe as yours…..just in like kingdoms really far away that don’t concern themselves with this one’s mess lol
Gerald handled that. You donât question Gerald. (if you know you know)
November 13, 2024 at 7:12 pm #189782@rae you were asking about my currently unnamed fanfic
for a fandom I don’t even suggest getting into?? lolnot finished editing it but here, delete the space or something lol
h ttps://docs.google.com/document/d/1SXigHpJueaZyEEgR0myaKj5O-jRh7X2ko6EgxZAy5JM/edit?usp=sharing
I had a link to the same story several pages back on this forum but I decided there was no point making you sift through to look for it.
I’m gonna assume you’re coming in here knowing virtually nothing of my world besides what I’ve told you through roleplays, the short story (which is currently non-canon to this narrative), and the occasional “yeah I’m a serious simp for Sniper” conversation, so brace yourself.
tips:
- yes, it’s in first person. It’s from Huntress’s perspective and for some reason I can only ever write her from first person. Maybe cause she’s a messed up variant of me and my personality. LOL.
- read the comments that I’ve left, if you’re on computer at least (don’t bother if you’re on a phone, it has them all the way at the bottom of the story like footnotes for some reason). It will help you understand the weirdest things that happen.
- I’m sorry, but you will have to suffer through my terribly written romantic interactions. All of it’s pretty clean from what I know though.
- It’s kinda unfinished, as I’ve said repeatedly. Don’t come in here expecting complete character arcs. Some of the characters in here, I don’t even think they have much in the way of arcs.
Gerald handled that. You donât question Gerald. (if you know you know)
November 14, 2024 at 5:37 am #189786Thanks for sending the link!
I started reading it (just got to the part where Huntress sneaks into Spy’s room) and so far I’m really enjoying it! Thank you for letting me read it!
Pfp drawn by Surpent on Unvale. I'm a little obsessed so it's over here now.
November 14, 2024 at 8:01 am #189796So…I started reading and couldn’t stop.
I found myself really enjoying the story, and I forgot about critisims until now. My only mental note is it was pretty obvious that Spy was Huntresses and Scouts father from the point that Huntress entered his room and saw his stuff. That and sometimes it feels like the scenes are too short, like you rush on where it would have impact if we dwelled just a tiny bit longer on Hunstresses thoughts.
I can read it through again if you’d like (this time actually looking to give feedback besides the story was intrueging and amazing).
I laughed a lot, and then almost cried when I thought Sniper wouldn’t be coming back. I especially loved how Huntress woke him up lol.
So, all in all, I’m so happy I got to read it!!!! I totally think it was worth the six hours I should have been sleeping for…don’t tell Andrew, he gets worried when I don’t sleep enough.
I can’t wait for you to finish it!
Pfp drawn by Surpent on Unvale. I'm a little obsessed so it's over here now.
November 14, 2024 at 8:02 am #189797Oh, wait, I only read it for five hours…still totally worth it!!!!!!!
Pfp drawn by Surpent on Unvale. I'm a little obsessed so it's over here now.
November 14, 2024 at 10:02 am #189802@rae you–
you actually liked it??
wow.
thank you!
three months of my life weren’t wasted writing this!
My only mental note is it was pretty obvious that Spy was Huntresses and Scouts father from the point that Huntress entered his room and saw his stuff.
This is probably a relic of earlier drafts, in which Huntress figured it out while she was there and had to keep it a secret from her twin. I removed the plot point because it wasn’t adding much to the story and was more streamlined without it. I’ll keep that in mind when I finally finish it and go back for another draft.
That and sometimes it feels like the scenes are too short, like you rush on where it would have impact if we dwelled just a tiny bit longer on Huntress’s thoughts.
I’ll keep this in mind too. Now that you pointed that out, I can see how that might be a problem.
I can read it through again if youâd like (this time actually looking to give feedback besides the story was intriguing and amazing).
ehh it’s ok. Only if you really want to, in which case i won’t stop you!
[I] almost cried when I thought Sniper wouldnât be coming back. I especially loved how Huntress woke him up lol.
wait seriously?? you did??
and yes, I love writing their interactions lol (that one was a fun one)
I canât wait for you to finish it!
me too, tbh. We’re gonna have to wait till like NEXT YEAR though cause the writers of the original story I pulled much of the plot from didn’t even finish theirs.
they weren’t like lazy or something from what I know, it’s just that one of them quit or something and is only now coming back to finish it.
Gerald handled that. You donât question Gerald. (if you know you know)
November 15, 2024 at 10:05 am #189859@rae @keilah-h @mineralizedwritings @ellette-giselle @any-other-marvel-people-here-idk-lollll
Steve and Ryo (an OC…gosh, I need to write a scene with them again?) ughhh their dynamic is the cutest thing ever???

"âŚbut we are safe, truly and wonderfully safe, when we keep walking with Him.â
-
This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by
-
AuthorPosts
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
