@magicalstories0611
Active 1 year, 4 months ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 24
-
PrincesaChronicle22 replied to the topic Stormlight Archive in the forum Book Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Yeah, the sleepless are interesting. That reminds me: I was surprised to see a sleepless in Edgedancer. That was one of the few things that surprised me.
I liked how he continued the trend of Lopen accidentally swearing his oaths after the action is over XD.
Yeah 😂
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Cosmere/Brandon Sanderson in the forum Book Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
It does make a lot of sense. I just wonder what the Dawnshards are in relation to the shards in terms of what they can do in the first place. The shards are wells of investiture, whereas the Dawnshards are only spoken of as “commands” as you’ve said, and the sleepless seemed terrified of the prospect of them getting out into the world, so…[Read more]
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Magic Systems!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Just looking at Fusion, destruction, amplification, and dynamism, I feel like there’s much potential interaction. I think there’s a whole lot of interesting you could do mechanically. Using destruction to precisely carve any kind of shape out of any kind of substance is nice, and that in tandem with pure fusion, connecting objects at a…[Read more]
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Stormlight Archive in the forum Book Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Yeah, I’ve read both as well. The sleepless have been really interesting to learn about. And the Dawnshard was really intriguing, and having the background from what you’ve talked about before really helped.
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Magic Systems!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
So I’ve been really bad at following up on this thread for quite a while now, as well as KP in general lately. I’ve sort of skimmed through, but you’ve probably done a lot since you last posted. Is there still anything specific you would like my thoughts on still?
-
PrincesaChronicle22 replied to the topic Stormlight Archive in the forum Book Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Yeah those theories definitely make sense!
I agree on the fact that the Dawnshard was the most interesting aspect. I also thought it was interesting seeing how the Sleepless communicated, and more of what their goals are.
The rest was more simply entertaining in the Lopen-is-great sense
-
PrincesaChronicle22 replied to the topic Stormlight Archive in the forum Book Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
I’ve read them both, and enjoyed both, what were your other thoughts?
-
Esther replied to the topic What is the cringiest thing you've ever written? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Yeah it is, actually. 😂 I didn’t want to write about someone getting married so I chose adoption instead. XDD
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Oh and for those of you wondering, Ami’s type 2.
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
@freedomwriter76 @lightoverdarkness6 @hybridlore @whalekeeper @mineralizedwritings @smiley @savannah_grace2009 @rae @grcr @anyone-else
Sooo… I was working on some “character-building” the past day or so, and I’ve fixed my MCs’ character arcs/internal conflicts to tie into the theme more and so I can write them better/more accurately. (With a l…[Read more]
-
Loopy replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Nooo Marcel the poor boy! He needs to see someone for that head injury
(But also yay cuz I might finally have an excuse to light Felicity’s short fuse)
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Ack! Sorry I’m late, but I finally found time to read this. M’kay…
So the one big thing that I noticed was a lot of telling and info-dumping. I could handle the information, but it’s not always enjoyable to read a bunch of backstory. Stuff like that should be sprinkled throughout. Besides that, there were a few places where things…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Critiques for a short story I wrote? in the forum Short Story Critiques 2 years, 9 months ago
Of course! (:
-
Esther replied to the topic What is the cringiest thing you've ever written? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
@savannah_grace2009 @hybridlore @highscribeofaetherium @jonas @anyone
Ok, so I have bad writing, but my worst writing I deleted years ago!!! 😭 There was three chapters of a book I wrote on my parents computer when I was like 7, I tried to start a few books when I was 9/10/11, I had an almost completed book around 11, but I still have a book I…[Read more]
-
Loopy replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
but I guess Sef isn’t there so… Whatever.
Oop, sorry, I assumed they started to switch partners like everyone else
-
Esther replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
I think so! You can go ahead and RP first if you want. 🙃
-
Loopy replied to the topic A Poem I Wrote ❤️ (Hey… got any ideas for a title?) in the forum Poetry 2 years, 9 months ago
I love itttt. Marcel is the best
-
Loopy replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Mr. Gregory
“So, will you fight? Or do you yield?”
“False dichotomy,” Gregory grumbled.
“What was that, tyrant?”
Several students had stopped dancing and were now watching them, some curious and some nervous.
“The rules are in place so that these students can enjoy their dance as much as possible, I’m sure. You are not only breakin…[Read more]
-
Loopy replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
I think you’re writing her pretty well except she probably isn’t completely calm rn. But she would be pretending to be Babs’ sake, so nvm, it’s good.
Felicity
“Like… angsty depressed teens? Or people who pretend they aren’t depressed, but then you look at them and you can clearly see that they… Ohhh wait, I think I see one.”…[Read more]
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic What is the cringiest thing you've ever written? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
The writing you shared was a little depressing, but the characters weren’t melodramatic at least. I don’t pay much attention to punctuation as a writing problem. The art of melodrama is at an all time high here though. Like “He grabbed Nejin by the collar of his shirt, his eyes radiating hate, and rage.” After Nejin, a little boy he never…[Read more]
- Load More
