@lrose5
Active 3 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Wise Jester
- Total Posts: 90
-
Lin replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 3 months ago
@relia I’m stuck somewhere between the two…when I’m planning it I’m the evil author type, but when I’m actually doing it I get kinda teary…
-
Daisy Torres replied to the topic OFFICIAL WRITING SPRINT LEADERBOARD in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 3 months ago
@issawriter7 loooll relatable 😂
Time update: I got distracted so I’m actually starting at :52
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic OFFICIAL WRITING SPRINT LEADERBOARD in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 3 months ago
Yup, I’m actually having a hard time to get myself to write anything, so I’ll probably be here a while. 😉
-
Daisy Torres replied to the topic OFFICIAL WRITING SPRINT LEADERBOARD in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 3 months ago
@nanisnook Yay!! Thanks 💕 Jumping in at :45
-
Daisy Torres replied to the topic OFFICIAL WRITING SPRINT LEADERBOARD in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 3 months ago
Hey! Are you girls still sprinting by any chance? @nanisnook @issawriter7 @
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic OFFICIAL WRITING SPRINT LEADERBOARD in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 3 months ago
Yup!! I’ll join at :30!!!
-
Lin replied to the topic What's something that happened in real life that made you think… in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 3 months ago
@abigail-m Very much looking for an opportunity every chance I get. It’s just too good to pass up.
@lewilliams I’m with Kathleen on villainous ice cream trucks. You should definitely include it in a story. Like, where do ice cream trucks even come from? Are they even stoppable?
@relia Ah, yes, I’ve done this myself several times. It’s awesome,…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic Real-Life Skills and Abilities? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 5 years, 3 months ago
@typewriter77 From the posts I’ve seen about how to pick locks or shoplift at the beginning whoever wrote it always puts a huge disclaimer that these tips are for writing purposes only and not for in real life.
I myself am usually too lazy to go into detail about anything, lest I mess any details up, or, perhaps, accidentally teach someone how to…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic Themes for mystery/thriller? in the forum Mystery 5 years, 3 months ago
@typewriter77 A lot of those themes seem to work, in my opinion! God’s Justice vs Man’s Justice I’m not sure could be written in just a short story…maybe a longer work. Courage, trust, and Truth vs Deception could be in any work, I think, and Sin & Salvation as well as Loving Enemies both propose great story premises.
Good luck!
-
Lin replied to the topic Introduction in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 3 months ago
@typewriter77 Hmm…I would say it is possible, since a lot of anime and manga are based off of Japanese light novels.
Both of those projects sound awesome! I’d love to hear more about them in the future!
I think I’ve read the first book of the Ascendance series. It was pretty good. And I’ve yet to watch either of those movies, but I should p…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic To edit or not to edit… in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 3 months ago
@relia I’m waiting till I finish most of my series to edit…or maybe all of it (probably because I hate editing) but also in future books I might decide to change things that happen in previous books so when I go back to rewrite or whatever I can change accordingly. Also because my writing improves the more I write.
-
Lin replied to the topic What's something that happened in real life that made you think… in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 3 months ago
@kathleenramm It was one of those homeschool minivans, which is lowkey funny to me. That would make a great device, as well as a way to introduce a character.
-
Kathleen replied to the topic What's something that happened in real life that made you think… in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 3 months ago
Oh, wow. What kind of car was that? If you do end up writing this into a story I bet you could make up some really cool explanation, like… alien car, fairy car, super-high-tech-rich-guy’s car, I don’t know. XD
But I can imagine it being a really fun scene.
Haha! It would would be really fun to write about a…[Read more]
-
Katherine replied to the topic In Search of Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 5 years, 3 months ago
@lewilliams I with ya, girl!! I want to read a WHOLE LOT more now that I’m off of school!!!!😜 Also, high-fives for getting a job at the library!!!!!! That’s so cool!!!!! 😀
So for book recommendations:
- Â The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielsen (this is the first book in The Ascendance Series)
- Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli (this book is…
-
Katherine replied to the topic OFFICIAL WRITING SPRINT LEADERBOARD in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 3 months ago
@nanisnook Woo-hoo!!!! You did great!!!!! 😀
I’m . . . uh *cough* . . . getting a little writer’s block. So, I’m going to take a break now. My sorta last line is:
“Get to work!” I shouted.
Thank you so much for writing with me!!!!!!!! 😀
-
Katherine replied to the topic OFFICIAL WRITING SPRINT LEADERBOARD in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 3 months ago
@nanisnook Yes, absolutely!!!! 😀
-
Katherine replied to the topic OFFICIAL WRITING SPRINT LEADERBOARD in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 3 months ago
@lydia-s I just now saw this! (I wish I had seen it sooner ’cause I’ve been writing for an hour and a half. *face palm*) Anyway, if you’re still writing, I’ll join you!!! 🙂
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic OFFICIAL WRITING SPRINT LEADERBOARD in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 3 months ago
THANK YOU!!!! Of course!!! It was fun!! <33
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic OFFICIAL WRITING SPRINT LEADERBOARD in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 3 months ago
@lydia-s @nanisnook @daisy-torres
Well, I’m gonna have to jump out at :13. I wrote 314 in a short story for @gracie-j writing prompt contest. 🙂 Last line:
And when I persisted, he grudgingly sent me here, saying if I found some gem, he would crown me king.
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic OFFICIAL WRITING SPRINT LEADERBOARD in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 3 months ago
Awesome, then I’ll join at :50
- Load More
