@lrose5
Active 3 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Wise Jester
- Total Posts: 90
-
Daisy Torres replied to the topic Writing A Christian Fantasy-HELP in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 2 months ago
@godlyfantasy12 Those themes sound amazingg!!! I can see them definitely bringing glory to God!! You got this 100%!!!
-
Daisy Torres replied to the topic How do you continue a character arc in a series? in the forum Plotting 5 years, 2 months ago
@nova21 First off, can I just say I love that idea for a story??? I would totally read that!!
A few weeks ago, I actually had an idea come to me about ending book one and starting book two. It’s like doing a gradient in painting. You want each book to have it’s own color, but the end of book one needs to be blending into the ‘color’ of book…[Read more]
-
Not-So-Secret Secret Assassin and
Sami Eastwood are now friends 5 years, 2 months ago -
Kathleen replied to the topic What's the weirdest story you've ever written? in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 2 months ago
That story is actually amazing. The creativity is unmatched.
Who else write a story where the population is turning into vegetables?
Now I’m curious about how all these characters fit together in one story.
Also, chocolate covered raisins are underrated.
I actually laughed out loud reading…[Read more]
-
Sara Ann {Spark} posted an update 5 years, 2 months ago
@writerlexi1216 hi! so, do u still think that it should be Fitz and Sophie still?? {please say yes}
-
Sara Ann {Spark} replied to the topic Hi guys in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 2 months ago
@precious-y sound like good books! i’ve never read Emma but i love the movie! {2009, that’s the only one that i’ll watch and i love it. *heart eyes* i actually watched it again last night. we had a surprise tea party/movie night for my 21 year old sisters b-day.} <3
um, maybe? it might have been tho she doesn’t have “superhero” abilities. she’s…[Read more]
-
Daisy Torres replied to the topic Greetings, Fellow Writers!! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 2 months ago
@maryg3 Ohh okk!! That’s so cool!!! We had the same problem with illustrating ours haha.
Oh neaat!! I looove the piano. I don’t play it well though XD I have a friend who sometimes plays for our church services. He plays so well.
Thanks! I do a lot of writing tips–like things that have helped me. Or sometimes I’ll do research for a book of mine…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic What's the weirdest story you've ever written? in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 2 months ago
@kathleenramm Probably a weird one that I never finished where I had some of my characters in some strange situation… My extraterrestrial was doing math homework, my villain was playing baseball (more like hitting the foundation of the house with a baseball bat) and another was getting hyper off of chocolate covered raisins. And then there was…[Read more]
-
Daisy Torres replied to the topic What's the weirdest story you've ever written? in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 2 months ago
@kathleenramm Okay but that sounds like a Studio Ghibli or something tbh, that’s really not that bad XD It sounds like a short film.
The moment I read this week’s topic, my mind went to a story that I made a few years ago.
It’s basically one giant food pun. The girl is an ancient Chinese fruit-stand seller, trying to sell enough fruit to buy…[Read more]
-
Kathleen started the topic What's the weirdest story you've ever written? in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 2 months ago
What’s the weirdest story you’ve ever wrote?
Probably the weirdest story I’ve every wrote was a short story I wrote as an assignment I did for a writing class.It was about a boy who was a glassblower, and he had a magical ability to blow molten into anything he wanted, not just glass objects.
But since he didn’t want the village folk to think…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 2 months ago
@ben-dykes Hi there, welcome to the Kingdom! I’m Linyang, though most call my Lin here. Lovely to have you!
My advice? Always check the recent topics tab, and comment on whatever recent threads you wish. Oh yeah, and when replying to people, copy and paste their tag from underneath their name on the left. It helps.
On that note, do you think…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic Greetings, Fellow Writers!! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 2 months ago
@maryg3 Whoa, I would totally read all of these! Especially the last one!
That meme is quite relatable, haha.
I like to write in the morning. I feel more productive then. *glances at the clock, realising it is late afternoon and hasn’t finished work*
What about you?
-
Daisy Torres and
Mary G are now friends 5 years, 2 months ago -
Daisy Torres replied to the topic Writing A Christian Fantasy-HELP in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 2 months ago
@gracie-j Oh absoutelyy!!! And thank youu so much!!!
-
Daisy Torres replied to the topic Writing A Christian Fantasy-HELP in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 2 months ago
@godlyfantasy12 Ooo I gotcha!
I don’t really write themes, so that’s a little harder. Just recently I started adding themes of redemption and forgiveness as well as revenge, character growth, and Christianity.
Here’s a few extra I thought of off the top of mi…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic Greetings, Fellow Writers!! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 2 months ago
@maryg3 Your WIPs all sound so interesting! I would love to hear more about them!
Hmm…what has driven my desire to write? Perhaps it’s to get the stories out of my head onto paper, or maybe because writing is like breathing, and I can’t live without. Maybe it’s after I realised that my writing could make others feel things, and I want to do…[Read more]
-
Daisy Torres replied to the topic Greetings, Fellow Writers!! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 2 months ago
@maryg3 Hi, Mary!! Welcome to KingdomPen!!
I am a scifi fantasy writer/author, with two published books! I also have a blog, but I’m a master procrastinator so I rarely update T_T
I love telling cheesy jokes, hate hallmark movies, love CS Lewis, kinda like Tolkien, and love historical fiction/Fantasy/Sci-Fi novels. Especially if they’re long…[Read more]
-
Daisy Torres posted an update 5 years, 2 months ago
@will_starke Welcome to KingdomPen!! We have a really great community of Christian writers here that would love to get to know you, so I’ll just tag a few below. What is your current novel about? What is your favorite genre to read/write in? Do you have a pet? How many books have you written?
Also quick joke! Why did the cow jump over the moon?…[Read more]
-
Daisy Torres replied to the topic Writing A Christian Fantasy-HELP in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 2 months ago
The Art of Deception (my sci-fi) is the preachiest with Christianity that I’ve ever been, and I’m loving it.
Used to, when I wrote Fantasy, I thought like what you’re saying. How will I ever reach a non-Christian audience if I talk about God a lot?
Well, (like Gracie said!) maybe that’s not where God is calling us. We become so…[Read more]
-
Daisy Torres replied to the topic Writing A Christian Fantasy-HELP in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 2 months ago
@gracie-j OH my WORD girl P R E A C H!!!! That was a fantastic comment and I could not have said it better myself!!!! I agree wholeheartedly with everything you said!! (And that literally makes me so happy that your grandfather told you that!!! It makes me so so soooo happy to see the Holy Spirit working through young writers’ works like that!!!)…[Read more]
- Load More
