Hi guys

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Sara Ann {Spark}
    @sparksaraabbott11
      • Total Posts: 66

@precious-y sound like good books! i’ve never read Emma but i love the movie! {2009, that’s the only one that i’ll watch and i love it. *heart eyes* i actually watched it again last night. we had a surprise tea party/movie night for my 21 year old sisters b-day.} <3

um, maybe? it might have been tho she doesn’t have “superhero” abilities. she’s an elf and telepath. their AWESOME books!!!! you need to try reading them again. <3 <3 <3

i’m almost 15 but feel much older.

i LOVE singing. heehee, my mom only let’s me have one earbud in cuz i can’t hear her saying my name otherwise. XD

i like Grace Vanderwaal, Johnny Orlando, one direction……

what shows/movies do you like??

~Spark

music is the strongest form of magic.
      -Marilyn Manson

Anatra
      @anatra23
        • Total Posts: 211

@precious-y

If you want reading suggestions, I know plenty of good books. Into whimsical humor? Percy Jackson and the Olympians. Historical growth and women’s rights? Little Women. (I don’t really know what you’re interested in other than fiction and historical, so forgive any blubbering on my part.)

Maybe you’d like Crown of Feathers by Nicki Pau Preto, (slightly darker, some naughty language) or perhaps, a popular one here is the Wingfeather Saga, always a good one.

If you’re reading Hobbit soon, obviously the Lord of the Rings, also the movies to that are so incredible.

Don’t worry abt Marvel. Lol it’s totally fine.

I like the way your book sounds rn. Take your time, I will be happily awaiting when I can read more.

Lydia S.
        @lydia-s
          • Total Posts: 399

@precious-y

Agh, I am very late… *facepalm* But welcome to the KP forum, Precious!

Those are awesome genres! I have yet to dig deeply into sci-fi, but I’d love to do that someday. Contemporary is really fun to write. 😀

I’m guessing most of my favorite questions have already been asked, so I guess I’ll just ask my absolute favorite. 😉

Who is your all-time favorite book character?

Can’t wait to get to know you! 😀

Ribbonash
          @ribbonash
            • Total Posts: 97

@precious-y

*stumbles into the room* *notices new person* Oh, hey! I’m Ribbon Ash! Or Miranda. I have two names haha and I love them both, but I digress. Welcome fellow writer and reader!

I would say I’m a fantasy and dystopian writer, but honestly considering the sort of ideas I get these days I think it’s best to say I’m a multi-genre writer. On top of fantasy and dystopian, I also get stories ideas for science fiction, superhero, contemporary, paranormal, futuristic and steampunk. I know a lot of these are subgenres and can fit into the broader term genres that I just mentioned, but I think subgenres are different enough to be their own thing. Plus a bunch of my story ideas involve two or more genres together, so another reason why my interest for writing are all over the place a bit. I don’t know if any of this made sense, so welcome to my imagination! XD

Okay, enough about me, here’s some questions:

Why did you decide to write the genre you’re writing?

Do you plan to write another genre that you haven’t written about yet?

Do you genre-blend or stick to one genre?

Do you think subgenres are different enough from the main types to be their own genre?

My brain seems to be only focused on genres at the moment. XD

Anyway, I’m not on here much because life is a bit chaotic, so much stuff to do each day, but I pop in from time to time, mainly when people tag me. So that’s the best way to reach me or come join in a conversation or topic. I may be late, I may forgot to read the previous conversation for context sometimes because I am too busy and then forgot to reply to it at all and just have it bookmarked for when I have time, but generally I’ll try to come as soon as possible and have a chat! 🙂

Katherine
            @mkfairygirl
              • Total Posts: 549

@precious-y (I’m so sorry for the late reply.)

Oooh, awesome!!!!!! I haven’t read that book, but I’m sure it’s really good!!!!! That’s cool that you watch Nigerian Christian movies!!!!! 🙂 Aah, COOL!!! One of my favorite classic adaption movies is the 2019 Little Women.

You’re welcome!!! 😉 *gasp* You did?!?!?!😀 Aah, I’m SO EXCITED now!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Eeek, YES, the ones about Grant are my FAVORITE, especially “Town of Geniuses”!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😀 😀 😀 I just LOVE that one!!!!!!!!

Haha, thanks!!

"It looks like a fairy world"~Meg from Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
              Fall in love with Jesus

Precious Y
              @precious-y
                • Total Posts: 27

@ribbonash,

It’s really nice to meet you to

1. I’ve recently started reading fantasy and I love the magic systems. And I plan for there to be a magic system in my own story. But it’s disguised as a science competition so maybe there is a little sci-fi twist in there to!

2. I would like to write some short stories and other stuff (maybe novellas?) in literary fiction later on. So watch out for that!

3. My ideas do seem to encompass multiple genres and I think my work in progress is kind of a W.I.P

4. I dont know. It really depends. Sub genres are really important for categorizing your books especially when you’re trying to attract a specific niche of readers. But it’s harder to traditionally publish a book if it’s in a really small subgenre. So publishing houses usually put them under a larger genre. In self publishing thought sub genres usually work to your advantage. So what I’m saying is that they’re great for finding new books but not always for marketing.

Thanks. It’s alright. I’m also pretty late to most threads. Sorry for getting so meta answering the last question. It’s just something that I’m really interested in! See you soon

Precious

Ribbonash
                @ribbonash
                  • Total Posts: 97

@precious-y

No worries! I enjoyed reading your answer to the last question! You are so right about that. 🙂 Book genres is such an interesting topic, hey!

Ohh, literary fiction? That’s awesome! I’m excited for these stories!

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                >