@lrose5
Active 3 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Wise Jester
- Total Posts: 90
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Really struggling with opening chapters… in the forum Plotting 4 years, 2 months ago
I know, right? I’ll be doing the same. 😉
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Really struggling with opening chapters… in the forum Plotting 4 years, 2 months ago
First of all, considering that you’re in the third draft, you have made a lot of progress with this WIP. And you like the opening, so that’s a good thing.
YES, I haven’t liked ANY of the opening chapters I’ve written. AT ALL. Mostly because they didn’t convey the feel for the story, characters, or world correctly. If it got one…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Really struggling with opening chapters… in the forum Plotting 4 years, 2 months ago
I can write and edit later parts of the book, bit first chapters? Ugh. I’ve completely scrapped them…I have no idea how many times.
So someone, PLEASE have good advice!! I’ll be haunting this topic…
-
Koshka replied to the topic Hey, Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 2 months ago
Ah, makes sense. What I love about writing in a medieval-fantasy world is being able to use all the random historical facts I collect, and yet not have to worry about being completely accurate. (I’m a bit of a history nerd)
*Squeals*
You like Chuck Black?! He’s one of my favorite authors! Which of his books/series have you…[Read more]
-
Pen_for_Christ205 replied to the topic Hey, Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 2 months ago
I love writing about the middle ages but only in fantasy kingdoms I (or others) came up with, since historical fiction involves too much research (in my opinion).
My work in progress right now is my very first book that I’m nearly done with. I am super excited to publish it!
My favorite author is Chuck Black because I love every part of…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 2 months ago
Yeah, we had to scratch our original idea, which was only about the children of the prophets and had nothing to do with time traveling. The one you’re doing/did still sounds pretty fun!
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Story Idea in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 4 years, 2 months ago
I like it, especially what the phrase “living out his childhood dream of being a spy”. Luke sounds like a fun character!
-
Koshka replied to the topic Story Idea in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 4 years, 2 months ago
Ooo, intriguing. What sort of kingdom is this? Is the king good?
-
Koshka replied to the topic Hey, Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 2 months ago
Welcome to the Kingdom! I write non-magical medieval-fantasy.
What do you mean by ‘middle ages’? That’s a pretty wide range of time… Is it historical fiction?
What is your WIP about? (Work In Progress)
If you could ride a dragon for a day or have a horse for life, which would you choose?
Do you like, dislike, or just…[Read more]
-
Pen_for_Christ205 changed their profile picture 4 years, 2 months ago
-
Pen_for_Christ205's profile was updated 4 years, 2 months ago
-
Pen_for_Christ205 started the topic Hey, Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 2 months ago
Hello everyone!
I am new to this site and am really excited to get to know all of you!
I like to write fiction about the middle ages.
I can’t wait to know all the fantastic people on here!
-
Sunny421 replied to the topic Story Idea in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 4 years, 2 months ago
Yes exactly. There may or may not be a little romance. I haven’t completely decided.
-
Sunny421 started the topic Story Idea in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 4 years, 2 months ago
What are y’alls thoughts on this idea? I don’t have all the details figured out yet, but this is the basic idea.
Luke is an accountant for the King, but while going over the books, he finds some odd transactions. After discretely investigating, he uncovers a counterfeit ring. Living out his childhood dream of being a spy, he goes undercover to…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Anyone else love Moodboards/Aesthetics? in the forum Art 4 years, 2 months ago
I just flipped back through it, and remembered what I loved most about it; it’s far more likely to mention prayer than profanity.
-
Koshka replied to the topic Another SCENE!!!! Any thoughts y'all? in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 2 months ago
THANK YOU!!!
-
Koshka replied to the topic Anyone else love Moodboards/Aesthetics? in the forum Art 4 years, 2 months ago
Oh, yikes! He’s on front lines then…
Have you ever read American Heroes: in the Fight Against Radical Islam by Oliver North? It’s amazing, although there are some instances of military language, and I don’t mean tactical terms. That’s where I first got introduced to the military medical field.
-
Koshka replied to the topic Another SCENE!!!! Any thoughts y'all? in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 2 months ago
-
Koshka replied to the topic Another SCENE!!!! Any thoughts y'all? in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 2 months ago
That scene makes me want to hit someone. Hard.
And also makes me think of all the stories I’ve heard.
And seriously…will you need beta readers?
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 2 months ago
Go on! Write his reaction! This is gonna be great!
- Load More
