Wingfeather Saga

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Book Discussions Wingfeather Saga

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 235 total)
  • Author
    Madelyn
    @madelyn
      • Total Posts: 115

@annabethkatherinewingfeather

Hey there, fellow Wingfeather lover!! It’s great to have you! Love your username 😉

Yesss, the ending of the Warden and the Wolf King was… intense. Honestly, I accidentally spoiled that *thing we don’t speak of* for myself by reading this forum thread (though I wasn’t even a member of KP at the time), so unfortunately I didn’t get to experience the shock while reading the book. But still… man, that was quite the twist! Bravo to Peterson for pulling it off!

My favorite characters are, hands down, Kalmar and Artham. They both made terrible mistakes, suffered terrible consequences, but were redeemed and found hope again. Top notch character arcs!!! But, I agree, Janner was remarkably done. I’m not an oldest sibling (maybe that’s why I prefer Kalmar), but I definitely see a lot of realistic struggles in Janner! His love for his siblings is so often tainted by fear, and yet, in the end… well, you know what happens ;). I love how he overcomes all that fear in one single act.

No worries! Long posts and rants are the essence of Kingdom Pen; we love ’em 😉

Question for you…

*SPOILER ALERT FOR ALL THOSE WHO HAVEN’T READ IT*

What did you think of the cliffhanger/teaser at the end?

Hope to see you around!!! 😀

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Madelyn.

~In Christ Alone My Hope Is Found~

AnnabethKatherineWingfeather
      @annabethkatherinewingfeather
        • Total Posts: 23

I think the cliffhanger is asking for fanfiction, in truth! I am of the opinion that he does come back and I’m working on an epilogue to the Epilogue right now! I saw a clip from Andrew Peterson at the book release years ago where he spoke about why he wouldn’t be writing a final epilogue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwALlviyQdk

Basically he said he didn’t want to canonize the books as over. He wanted there to still be that “what if” and people to imagine their own end to the story, which I love.

Just curious, have you listened to much of AP’s music?

Hullofellowhumans
        @hullofellowhumans
          • Total Posts: 26

Bruh I LOVE THE INGFEATHER SAGA 🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩. My favorite charactor would be Janner, which, spoilers, SO SAAAAAAAAAAD. I have never cried n a book, but I was darn close there. I think sacrifice is a big theme, but also loyalty, and family.

Elishavet Pidyon
          @elishavet-pidyon
            • Total Posts: 1013

@hullofellowhumans

Greetings! (Since I don’t think we’ve met, I’m called Elishavet around here, and I write mostly realistic medieval fantasy but also poetry, children’s church material (coauthored with siblings), and the random fanfic. I love to read a whole spectrum, however, and have been known to spend far too long with my nose in history.)

I agree. Janner is probably my favorite character, along with Artham, Nia, Esben, and the other siblings.

And YES, THAT ENDING WAS SOOOO SORROWFUL! I do cry sometimes when I read, but not often. That was definitely a tearjerker.

*Sniff*

But it was good. 🙂

Those definitely sound like the themes to me, although I would personally emphasize Servanthood (in a good way).

So, since I haven’t met you yet and this is the Wingfeather Board, here are some questions relating.

In the books…

What was your favorite place?

What was your favorite food?

Who is your least favorite character?

And finally,

If you could, where would you live?

God bless, and see you around!

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

Hullofellowhumans
            @hullofellowhumans

Hi Elishavet! I have writen some childrens church matireal too! I actually just finished a script for our churchs upcoming VBS!

My favorite place would be the green hollows, it just sounds so cozy!

My favorite food would be cheesy chowder, I NEED to find a way to make it in real life!

My least favorite chapter was probably Pete the sock man (not Arthum, Pete) He was just so annoying, but when Arthum started coing back he changed!

i would live in the green hollow

Elishavet Pidyon
              @elishavet-pidyon

@hullofellowhumans

Really? That’s awesome! Like ice cream with berry cobbler awesome!

What was the skit about, if I may ask? My siblings and I are doing a time traveling Children’s Church program about different kids in the bible. (We call it Purpose Kids.) I’m the mad scientist that created the Time and Space Quantum Warping Device, and we’ve had loads of fun with the skits.

As for your answers…

Ah yes, the Green Hollows are one of the best places. And possibly the tastiest! 😉

Amen! I need cheesy chowder too! We have to buy/beg/borrow/steal/make a recipe. We just have to.

I must admit that I liked Pete even then, but I can COMPLETELY see how he could be annoying. I only really like him because of the glimpses of Artham that shone through.

Well, if it is your favorite place then of course! 😉 I think I’d either live there or in Aniera.

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

Hullofellowhumans
                @hullofellowhumans

Lol, my first idea was a time travel thing too! I sadly had to scrape the idea because it was too long for the time slot, so now it is kinda like the princess bride, where there is a sick kid, and his grandpa comes and tells a story, and in the background, kids are acting it out.

Elishavet Pidyon
                  @elishavet-pidyon

@hullofellowhumans

Yeah, we had to scratch our original idea, which was only about the children of the prophets and had nothing to do with time traveling. The one you’re doing/did still sounds pretty fun!

Whaley
                    @whalekeeper
                      • Total Posts: 2599

I just gotta say, even though I know this topic has slowed down and I dunno if anyone will reply…

People.

Where have you been all my life.

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

Elishavet Pidyon
                      @elishavet-pidyon

@whalekeeper

Hi there! Although this topic has slowed down, I’m still subscribed to it, so I just you could say I’m always lurking around here. 🙂

I’ve been in Texas. 😉

So…. Do you like Wingfeather?

Annabelle
                        @annabelle
                          • Total Posts: 108

@whalekeeper

Yep, same as @elishavet-pidyon. I’m subscribed here, so I always read whatever everyone says.

So, since apparently, you’ve read the Wingfeather Saga, (at least I hope you have), who’s your favorite character?

In the words of Jinto Queb, "Hurry, reading is fun!"

Queen_of_Alvastia
                          @queen_of_alvastia
                            • Total Posts: 612

Hey guys!! I’m so glad this group is starting back up again! XD I just LOVE the Wingfeather Saga!! (And cried through the ending of the last book! I mean, most of my favorite characters died 😭😭)

By the way, what is everybody’s “rank” from Wingeather? (King, Throne Warden, etc)

🥰#TorrynVelgardProtectionSquad🥰

Koshka
                            @koshka
                              • Total Posts: 1424

@queen_of_alvastia

Me too!!!!!!!!

Hmm…what are we using to decide? I’m a third child, so maybe Song Maiden, but I’m not very skilled when it comes to music. I always felt more like Janner and Artham’s personalities, but what are we using?

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Queen_of_Alvastia
                              @queen_of_alvastia

I meant the ranks where it’s like oldest child = Throne Warden, second child = High King/Queen, third child = Song Maiden/Man, after that = Lore Wain.

***sorry if that was confusing!😉😣 ***

Queen_of_Alvastia
                                @queen_of_alvastia

By the way what does the quote at the bottom of your posts mean?

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 235 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >