Hey, Everyone!

Home Page ā€ŗ Forums ā€ŗ General Site Info ā€ŗ Start HERE ā€ŗ Hey, Everyone!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Pen_for_Christ205
    @pen_for_christ205
      • Total Posts: 26

Hello everyone!

I am new to this site and am really excited to get to know all of you!

I like to write fiction about the middle ages.

I canā€™t wait to know all the fantastic people on here!

Iā€™m a little pencil in the hand of a writing God, who is sending a love letter to the world.

Koshka
      @koshka
        • Total Posts: 1427

@pen_for_christ205

Welcome to the Kingdom! I write non-magical medieval-fantasy.

What do you mean by ā€˜middle agesā€™? Thatā€™s a pretty wide range of timeā€¦ Is it historical fiction?

What is your WIP about? (Work In Progress)

Who are your favorite authors?

If you could ride a dragon for a day or have a horse for life, which would you choose?

Do you like, dislike, or just plain donā€™t care for jellybeans?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by Koshka.

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Pen_for_Christ205
        @pen_for_christ205

@koshka

I love writing about the middle ages but only in fantasy kingdoms I (or others) came up with, since historical fiction involves too much research (in my opinion). I love the castles, dungeons, knights, and swordfights involved with medieval times.

My work in progress right now is my very first book that Iā€™m nearly done with. I am super excited to publish it!

My favorite author is Chuck Black because I love every part of his writings. He writes fiction and Christian allegories, which I really enjoy. He is my writer role model since Iā€™ve loved his books for years.

If I had to pick between riding a dragon for a day or having a horse for life, I would definitely ride a dragon because they (most likely) donā€™t exist and itā€™s a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

I donā€™t mind jellybeans, but I love chocolate waaaaay more.

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to me; I really appreciate it.Ā  I also love how your username is ā€œcatā€ in Russian.

Ā 

Thanks so much šŸ™‚šŸ¤

Iā€™m a little pencil in the hand of a writing God, who is sending a love letter to the world.

Koshka
          @koshka

@pen_for_christ205

Ah, makes sense. What I love about writing in a medieval-fantasy world is being able to use all the random historical facts I collect, and yet not have to worry about being completely accurate. (Iā€™m a bit of a history nerd)

*Squeals*

You like Chuck Black?! Heā€™s one of my favorite authors! Which of his books/series have you read? (Iā€™ve read Knights of Arrethtrae, most of the Kingdom series, and am currently reading Starlore.)

ā€¦ā€¦How do you know that?ā€¦ā€¦Not to sound weird or anything, but youā€™re the first person to point that out on KP, and Iā€™m a tad bit curious. Iā€™m learning Russian (which is by far one of the most beautiful languages Iā€™ve heard. Russian and Hebrew that is), and Kitty is what my twin often calls meā€¦so thatā€™s how Iā€™m Koshka.

Youā€™re welcome. And youā€™ll probably be bombarded by greetings over the next while. =)

Pen_for_Christ205
            @pen_for_christ205

@koshka

I love history as well since itā€™s always so interesting. I also love that facts donā€™t have to be exactly right in fantasy worlds šŸ™‚

I absolutely love Chuck Black, and Iā€™ve read the Kingdom Series and the Knights of Arrethrae Series. I take inspiration from them since they are so close to what I write.

My parents are from Eastern Europe, and thatā€™s how I know Russian.

Youā€™re really kind to reach out to me. I hope we stay in touch!

<3

Anonymous
                • Total Posts: 8156

@pen_for_christ205 I put something up here yesterday, but KP ate my post. *face-palms* Anywho, welcome to Kingdom Pen! I am FreedomWriter76, a homeschooled Christian teen that has a passion for spreading the light of Christ through Historical Fiction! šŸ˜€ Also, not to be weird, but, itā€™s AWESOME that your parents are from Eastern Europe! I wanna learn Russian one day. Ahā€¦maybe a far-fetched dream? XD

Now, for a few welcoming questions! šŸ˜‰

1. Favorite Instrument?

2. Favorite dessert?

3. Whatā€™s your favorite thing about writing Fantasy?

4. Favorite Animal?

Andā€¦.5. Coffee, Tea, or neither?

Elishavet Pidyon
                @elishavet-pidyon
                  • Total Posts: 1014

@pen_for_christ205

*Slips out from behind a gnarled oak*

You like Chuck Black too?!

*Remembers my manners*

Oh, pardon me.

Greetings, and welcome to the kingdom! Iā€™m called Elishavet around here, and I mostly write medieval fantasy, poetry, and childrenā€™s church material. My two current WIPs are both medieval fantasy, although one is an allegory as well.

What about yours?

..and now I may repeat: You like Chuck Black too?! Especially his Arrethtrae series?

Obviously, so do I. His books were the initial inspiration for Kingdom of Shadows (working title), my allegory.

Soā€¦ without further Ado, here are some more random questions.

What is your favorite era in the medieval age? (Mine is the rule of Alfred the Great and earlier)

Which would you like more as a pet? A stoat or a dolphin?

What color of hair does your favorite protagonist have? (Of your own making)

Who is your least favorite character of yours? Of someone elseā€™s?

And thatā€™s about all for now. God bless and see you around!

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

Pen_for_Christ205
                  @pen_for_christ205

@freedomwriter76

Thank you for the warm welcome! To answer your questions:

My favorite instrument is the piano. I love how it sounds and I love playing it.

My favorite dessert is chocolate. šŸ™‚

My absolute favorite thing about writing fantasy is that itā€™s like real life but you donā€™t have to double-check the facts. (I also adore swordfights *shy grin*)

My favorite animal is a cat. I had one named Mittens but he ran off. šŸ™

I like coffee and tea, but coffee is definitely better (at least in my opinion)

How about you?

Pen_for_Christ205
                    @pen_for_christ205

@elishavet-pidyon

Yes, I absolutely adore Chuck Black! From all the responses about him, I get the impression heā€™s popular around here šŸ™‚ His Kingdom and Knights of Arrethrae series are sooooo amazing! I use his works as mentor texts because I love his writing voice and style. He really puts the feelings into every word, sentence, paragraph, scene, chapter, and book.

My favorite medieval era? I think the 14th to 15th centuries are pretty fascinating.

I think a stoat would make the better pets since theyā€™re so small and adorable!!

My favorite protagonist? I have a lot but my favorite has wavy blonde hair.

My least favorite character would have to be a guy I named Engeram, mainly because heā€™s boring and bossy. My least favorite character of someone elseā€™s would have to be Sir Averick inĀ Sir Bentley and Holbrook Court by Chuck Black. I donā€™t like Averick because heā€™s brutal and gets away with everything.

Thank you for reaching out! God bless!

Anonymous
                        • Total Posts: 8156

@pen_for_christ205. Youā€™re very welcome! šŸ˜€

Ooh, good answers! Aw, Iā€™m sorry your cat ran away. šŸ™ But also, sword fights are awesome! šŸ˜‰

My favorite instrument (though I canā€™t play it! XD) has to be Violin. I love the way it sounds. But in a close second, Guitar, which I am currently learning. I have an electric guitar, soā€¦thatā€™s fun to play with. šŸ˜‰

Mmmm. Brownies!

Ooh, my favorite thing about writing my genre? (Which is Historical Fiction. XD) Probably just exploring the time period and showing that (though the characters are fictitious) just how faithful God was in the past and that heā€™s just as faithful now. šŸ™‚

My favorite animal is a Tiger. Has been for a long time. Not sure why. šŸ˜‰

Easily, tea. Though being a born and raised Southerner, itā€™s normally sweet tea. XD

Itā€™s been awesome talking to you and getting to know you! I hope we can talk some more in the near future and I hope you enjoy Kingdom Pen! This is a great community of Christian Writers. I know youā€™ll love it here! šŸ˜€

Starshiness
                        @starshiness
                          • Total Posts: 174

@pen_for_christ205 ANOTHER ONE WHO LIKES CHUCK BLACKKKKK!!!!! Can we please start a fanclub for Kingdom and Knights of Arrethtrae?? It looks like there are enough of us to begin oneā€¦ šŸ˜‚ Do you have a favorite book or character from the Kingdom or Knights of Arrethtrae series?

Anyway, welcome to Kingdom Pen!! Itā€™s great to have you here!

Ā 

I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.

Koshka
                          @koshka

@pen_for_christ205

Iā€™m sorry I never responded. (Lifeā€¦ *Sigh*)

Ugh yes! I absolutely love history, but I also know that Iā€™ll never be able to get ALL the facts straight in historical fiction. Thus my writing passion is smothered in that genre.

His books are wonderful. Perhaps a tad rough in text, but powerful in story, which is the better of the two.

Really! Are you fluent?

Upon sword fightsā€¦have you ever spared before? If so, with what weapons? My brother researches medieval (or just plain old) weaponry as a hobby, and sometimes gets me to spar with him. My favorite weapon in hand-to-hand combat is either a broadsword or quarter-staff. Do you have a favorite?

Me too!

Pen_for_Christ205
                            @pen_for_christ205

@starshiness

Yes, we should definitely start a fan club!

Both series are totally amazing, but I love Sir Kendrick and The Castle of Bel Lione most. Somehow it never gets old, even after the (let me count) times Iā€™ve read it.

Pen_for_Christ205
                              @pen_for_christ205

@koshka

Yes, I like to consider myself fluent in Russian.

I love reading and writing about swordfights, but Iā€™ve never actually sparred with anyone before. I wanted to learn to swordfight (and still do) but *sigh* it didnā€™t work out. I think the longsword is pretty cool.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                              >