@lrose5
Active 3 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Wise Jester
- Total Posts: 90
-
Kathleen replied to the topic Writing Clubs? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
Woah, great ideas! Don’t be surprised you end up seeing these things come into fruition in a very hypothetical way for a very hypothetical idea.
Ooh, those are really cool ideas. Both could even be fun things we could do here on the forum or blog!
Like a contest where the someone posts the first chapter,…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic cover reveal! in the forum Publishing & Platform 3 years, 10 months ago
Aaahhhhhh! This is so exciting!
I just have one wee question: what is a cover reveal and how does it work?
Okay, maybe that was two. 😉
-
Kathleen replied to the topic Writing Clubs? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
Also, pay no heed to Mr. Zuck. I was just looking through things I had saved on my computer and thought this was funny, lol.
-
Kathleen started the topic Writing Clubs? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
Okay so I haven’t been super active on the forum lately, (tragic I know) but I return with a very hypothetical question. (Trust me this is very hypothetical and not in anyway going to impact the future of Kingdom Pen)
Say Kingdom Pen had a writing groups for each of the three types of writing we publish on on here, Short Stories, poetry, and…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
Aww, that means SO MUCH! I’m thrilled to pieces that you love them. ❤️
Viktor and Reúven may have to join this too. (I’m thinking Reúven would be a cadet in some National Guard Auxiliary… But we’ll see. XD)
As for Alwin …
Standing at about average height, Alwin is fifteen. A sweet boy that tries hard… And he’s never f…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 11 months ago
@freedomwriter76 @wilder-w @godlyfantasy12
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!! I love seeing all these characters interact like this.
*Whispers*
Can I join?
I mean, I’ve been lurking over here watching it unfold since the start… *Grins and tugs the hood of my cloak lower* (what else would you expect of me?)
If I did, I’d like to add Alwin.
But not Alwin…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 11 months ago
Yes, I believe so!
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 11 months ago
@godlyfantasy12 @koshka @freedomweiter76 @keilah-h
Winifrith
Winifrith stood in the center of a wide hall, a hall larger and more grand to her eye than any she has seen before. Arching beams reached up to the ceiling into ornate carvings. Flowering scrolls curled around great war horses and men with weapons drawn.
Her right fingers played a…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 11 months ago
@godlyfantasy12 aww, that would actually be super cute, since secretspoileranywhoodle Alwin calls her Winni, after they’re engaged. Honestly, he’s just like, so sweet to her. It’s just, O.O @freedomwriter76 @koshka @keilah-h
ALSO, I will try to get on here when I can, but the next six months are going to be insane, what with school and Bible Q…[Read more]
-
Pen_for_Christ205 replied to the topic I discovered a great book series all of you should read!! in the forum Book Discussions 3 years, 11 months ago
Thanks for the recommendation, I’ll check it out.
Yeah, how the devils are brought up gets annoying, but other than that I really like the series.
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 11 months ago
 Esen is so cool!! How big is she and what color is she?
I’m so glad you like her!!!!
She’s three feet long (nose to tail) and has a ten foot wingspan (wingtip to wingtip). SO, she could carry off a wolf. And thrust a full-grown man off a mountain.
Heh, heh.
As for her color, she has a slate back with an ivory underside which is…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 11 months ago
All right!
So, I’ll try to get another RP in, but first,
Winifrith.
People often say that one questions everything in one’s youth, but what about having everything be questioned? Winifrith knows she’s supposed to rely on the King and seek his ways, but she never expected for it to be this hard. And the worst part?
She ought to…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 11 months ago
@keilah-h @godlyfantasy12 @freedomwriter76
I’M HERE!
Also, do y’all mind if I add Winifrith? I’ve been thinking about it, and I’d really love to see her with Ara and the other lasses…
If I did add her, I think all my KoS characters would be in book two, all learning to “keep the faith”.
If that wouldn’t work, I understand and don’t mind.…[Read more]
-
Pen_for_Christ205 replied to the topic I discovered a great book series all of you should read!! in the forum Book Discussions 3 years, 11 months ago
@mineralizedwritings
Ooh, looks interesting. I’ll have to pick up a couple copies.And I thrive on action and tension in books, so I’m looking forward to that. 🙂
Thanks for the recommendation 🙂
-
Pen_for_Christ205 replied to the topic I discovered a great book series all of you should read!! in the forum Book Discussions 3 years, 11 months ago
@mineralizedwritings
Ooh, what is the Wingfeather Saga about?(Hope you like the Ascendance Series btw 🙂 )
-
Pen_for_Christ205 replied to the topic I discovered a great book series all of you should read!! in the forum Book Discussions 3 years, 11 months ago
You’re right 🙂
But there are waaaaay more plot twists and a different one in each book (more like each chapter)
It’s definitely worth reading.
You’re good at guessing. Pays off to be a writer.
-
Pen_for_Christ205 replied to the topic I discovered a great book series all of you should read!! in the forum Book Discussions 3 years, 11 months ago
I really love these books because there’s action and risk (I love that kind of stuff) but not to a point where you get tired of it. Every time something happens, it’s unique in its own way. There’s no tension, just action, and not in a terrifying way that most action books put it.
I also love the characters. They are all so…[Read more]
-
Pen_for_Christ205 replied to the topic I discovered a great book series all of you should read!! in the forum Book Discussions 3 years, 11 months ago
Yes, the last two books are definitely worth it. I especially love how she ends the last book. It makes all the trouble he goes through very very worth it. And in the last two books you can really see how his relationship with Imogen grows.
To rate the books, from favorite to least favorite, I think it would be Shattered Castle…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic Hey y’all! Mind if I get some help? in the forum Characters 3 years, 11 months ago
Woah, it’s really cool how your writing a story for your friend. To have someone write a book specifically for you, man, that’s special.
As for your question, the best thing I think to do is talk with the person you know who is a single father. And maybe, if it isn’t too touchy, mention that you are writing a book with a single father…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic I discovered a great book series all of you should read!! in the forum Book Discussions 3 years, 11 months ago
Nice! It was one of my favorite series growing up. But when I read them there were only three books in the series?
Huh, I guess the author decided to write a couple more because of their popularity. Are the last two books in the series worth reading?
Also, I’m quite curious, what would your ranking of the five books be?
- Load More
