Writing Clubs?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Kathleen
    @kathleenramm
      • Total Posts: 635

Okay so I haven’t been super active on the forum lately, (tragic I know) but I return with a very hypothetical question. (Trust me this is very hypothetical and not in anyway going to impact the future of Kingdom Pen)

Say Kingdom Pen had a writing group for each of the three types of writing we publish on on here, Short Stories, poetry, and articles.

You know, a cool fun way for writers to join together to chat, support, and encourage each other while creating art to publish on Kingdom Pen.

This would be a more fun and community driven way of getting your work published on Kingdom Pen than the typical way described on the KP Submissions page.

So, my hypothetical question for these hypothetical groups is, what would you like to be included in the groups?

Fun writing challenges? Forum badges to signify you are a part of a particular group? Levels? Missions? and most importantly… a cool name for these groups?

So yeah, I want to know all your thoughts and ideas!

What would make the groups the best, most encouraging, most productive, most fun they can be? Doesn’t matter how crazy or half-thought-through your ideas are, reply with them down below.

Kathleen
      @kathleenramm

Also, pay no heed to Mr. Zuck. I was just looking through things I had saved on my computer and thought this was funny, lol.

Anonymous
          • Total Posts: 8156

@kathleenramm. Oohhhh!! What fun!!! (“Can I walk you through a hypothetical?” If anyone gets that reference, cheers to you! XD)

So, for me, Short Stories would likely be the one I would be interested in.

And for the Short Stories hypothetical group, I do have a few ideas:

• Weekly or Monthly Writing Challenges. A Prompt, whether dialogue, a circumstance, song lyrics, or a photo.
          • A count of Short Stories published per person, which could be a whole level-like thing, where someone’s level increases the more stories they have published, that way everyone would be encouraged to write more stories for KP!
          • A weekly encouragement, whether a quote or scripture, or even both, put out to encourage the writers that may be feeling down that day, in a, like, main area where it would be the first thing everyone sees. (Which would be nice for all three groups! =D)

Well…that’s what I have for that one for now. 😀 I’m going to try to think of a few possible names and maybe a few other ideas, but I love this hypothetical! 😉

MineralizedWritings
          @mineralizedwritings
            • Total Posts: 2803

@kathleenramm

Oh that sounds like so much fun! I haven’t done much short story or any of the other’s you put there but it seems like fun.

I agree with @freedomwriter76 , prompts would be really fun.

Like we could see how we each come up with something different. I think it would be really fun to have somebody write a story beginning, and everyone finishes it differently. Like perhaps just a short exposition that describes a location and idea.

Ok so.. this is a idea coming into different territory, but just an idea. This might really over-complicate things so throw it away if it’s not your thing 🤣

Ok but what if there was a option to illustrate for each other (ik this is random, you said half-thought-through 🤣) Like some of the group writes and some of the group draws whatever is currently going on. Ok idk what I’m trying to say here, I just like art and tried to add it to my suggestion or something 😂

And lol, the pic on the bottom of your post is hilarious 😂🤣

へびは かっこいい です!

Kathleen
            @kathleenramm

@freedomwriter76

Woah, great ideas! Don’t be surprised you end up seeing these things come into fruition in a very hypothetical way for a very hypothetical idea.

@mineralizedwritings

Ooh, those are really cool ideas. Both could even be fun things we could do here on the forum or blog!

Like a contest where the someone posts the first chapter, and people can submit their take on the following chapter, and the best one gets published on the blog and the contest continues like that until the end.

Now that would be very cool.

Also, yes. I can always count on the Lizard, the myth, the legend, himself to make my day just a little bit brighter.🥺

MineralizedWritings
              @mineralizedwritings
                • Total Posts: 2803

@kathleenramm

Like a contest where the someone posts the first chapter, and people can submit their take on the following chapter, and the best one gets published on the blog and the contest continues like that until the end.

YES!! That’s perfect! I would totally do that. Great excuse to write something 😂

Also, yes. I can always count on the Lizard, the myth, the legend, himself to make my day just a little bit brighter.🥺

The lizard XDXDXD

へびは かっこいい です!

Power
                @power
                  • Total Posts: 292

A secret group in a group! Bwahahaha!!!

Then I, as imperial ruler! -err, posible humble leader 😬 could plan world endin-uh, stop hunger world. World hunger that is.

You will love what you spend time with.

Anonymous
                    • Total Posts: 8156

@kathleenramm.

Woah, great ideas! Don’t be surprised you end up seeing these things come into fruition in a very hypothetical way for a very hypothetical idea.

Thank you!

And yes, I can’t wait to see these hypothetical ideas in a hypothetical idea. XD

Kathleen
                    @kathleenramm

@power

The groups haven’t even grown out of hypothetical-hood yet, and Palpatine wannabes are already taking control smh.

Anonymous
                        • Total Posts: 692

I love this. I saw this kind of thing on reedsy. They have 5 prompts in 5 different genres and each month people compete for 1st place. They get money as a prize but you guys could publish the winning story or poem instead as a prize. I love badges so that would be fun too. I know I’m a little late but this idea looked so fun! You could also have a different genre contest each month. There are probably enough genres to last 8 months and you could switch it so each one is different per month. I would totally participate if this comes into fruition.

E. M. Trepke
                        @e-m-trepke
                          • Total Posts: 145

@kathleenramm

I think starting writing clubs is a brilliant idea! I have thoughts, but they’re still cooking.

We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good on, eh?
                          -The Doctor

Kathleen
                          @kathleenramm

@sarafini

Ooo, I’ll have to look into that! I love seeing different creative ways of doing writing challenges and contests.

@e-m-trepke

Nice nice. I look forward to seeing your thoughts!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          >