-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Tips for Writing Short Stories in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@Ethryndal Yeah, purty sure. 😀 And it’s still awesome, no matter your age group.
I KNOW! Small world. -
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
I’ll be writing for an hour in case anyone’s around.
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Tips for Writing Short Stories in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@Emma-Flournoy Wait, that was NATIONAL?! *freaks out* Whoa. How did I not know that? Though I was in the second division, which is 12-15 year olds, so I doubt there was as much competition as in the first division, 16-18. Pretty cool Kate entered it too! It’s funny how people’s paths cross sometimes and they don’t even know it.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Tips for Writing Short Stories in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@PerfectFifths Nice! Is Douglas Bond Australian? I’ve read some of his books.
@Ethryndal @Kate-Flournoy entered that contest too, and went through the same thing (obviously). It was n.e.r.v.e. w.r.a.c.k.i.n.g. I don’t think it was an error, either; not to be badmouthing them of course, but there were updates on their Facebook page or something…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Is the "love interest" necessary? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@GracieGirl Agreed.
@Ethryndal They didn’t go that route with Jyn and Cassian?! 😮 I got that impression…not as strong as say, Aragorn and Arwen or anything, but I thought for sure they were doing that.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Writing Dares! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
Write about a crown that is only allergic to the king’s head.
Write about the Gum Rebellion of ’92 when all the gum boycotted the bottom of the tables.
How do you think up these awesome things?
-
Snapper replied to the topic Scripture Memorization! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
I seem to have memorized a whole bunch of miniature verses. 😛 All of them in Romans.
Romans 2:15 Who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them)
Romans 2:18 And know His will, and approve the things that are excellent, being…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Reader Behavior Survey in the forum Publishing & Platform 9 years, 5 months ago
@clairec OYAN is a curriculum and a community of people who’ve taken that curriculum. It stands for One Year Adventure Novel.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Reader Behavior Survey in the forum Publishing & Platform 9 years, 5 months ago
@claire-c OYAN is a curriculum and a community of people who’ve taken that curriculum. It stands for One Year Adventure Novel.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Is the "love interest" necessary? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@GracieGirl hey, that’s really good. I love it, and me being a calligrapher myself I mean that.
And yes… your desk is beautifully clean.
*goes and hides under her own, knocking off several of the odds and ends haphazardly stacked over the top of it* -
Gracie posted an update 9 years, 5 months ago
‘Now is the dramatic moment of fate, Watson. When you hear a step upon the stair which is walking into your life and you know not whether for good or ill.’ Sherlock Holmes, The Hound of the Baskervilles. ❤️
-
Gracie replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus Cool!
@Jane-Maree @Jess I’m afraid I have to sign off now as well. See you all around!
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@jane-maree @graciegirl @jess Ok, I got 590.
-
Gracie replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@Jane-Maree Ooooh, thank you. I’ll have three-meats please. (Only pizza worth eating is that which is graced by the delicacy known as bacon.) 😛
-
Gracie replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus @Jess @Jane-Maree *runs in with sword* *slams door and slides to the floor breathless* Yes! I am here. I need refuge from the distractions of the cinematic universe!
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@jane-maree @jess Joining in.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Revenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@Rachelle I actually haven’t seen the movie. 😛
Ahhhh… the corrupt government. *grins* The age old debate. To rebel or not to rebel? That is the question. XD
I personally believe that any citizen taking justice into their own hands against the law is not acceptable whether or not the government is corrupt. God only ever said that it was the…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Revenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@Rachelle not at all. 😀 Intellectual stimulation is definitely encouraged. XD
It’s actually pretty simple. Justice stems from the government/judicial system because the government/judicial system is in charge of seeing justice done in God’s name— punishing the wicked and protecting the righteous. That is the whole purpose of a government…[Read more]
-
Gracie replied to the topic G.K. Chesterton in the forum Book Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@Northerner To be fair, this is my second try at TMWWT. I had a go at it when I was…..14-ish, I think. But it was a struggle and I was so busy at the time that I never made it past Syme’s ‘election’. I’ve honestly never read or studied the book of Job, so I’m afraid any references to it in TMWWT flew over my head. I did notice several smaller…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Is the "love interest" necessary? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@graciegirl Hey…that looks really good! (I especially like the clean desk 😉 )
- Load More
