Scripture Memorization!

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Scripture Memorization!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Snapper
    @dragon-snapper
      • Total Posts: 3515

@kina-lamb Whoopidoo! That’s great! *returns high fives*

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Darik Swisher
      @gideon-sowdon
        • Total Posts: 58

Has any one heard of scripturetyper.com
        I’ve found it really useful, although saying them out loud helps a lot.

In all labor there is profit, But idle chatter leads only to poverty.
        Proverbs 14:23

A soft answer turns away wrath, But a harsh word stirs up anger.
        Proverbs 15:1

Snapper
        @dragon-snapper

@Gideon-sowdon Yes! ScriptureTyper is awesome! I use it all the time for memorization!

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Jane Maree
          @jane-maree
            • Total Posts: 909

“And through his faith, though he died he still speaks.” – Hebrews 11:4

Writing Heroes ♦ Writing Hope // janemareeauthor.com.au

ClaireC
            @clairec
              • Total Posts: 628

@kina-lamb, one of my favourites –

Therefore, just as you recieved Christ Jesus as LORD, continue to live your lives in Him, rooted and built up in Him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with righteousness. Colossians 2:6, 7

Official Member of the Certified Club of Aussie Kapeefers

Jada Morrison
              @jadamae
                • Total Posts: 199

For our quiz league I just memorized Proverbs 4, Ephesians, and Ruth. It is so good! I love memorizing prayers, and I particularly like the prayer Paul prays in Ephsians 3:16-21. Go read it, if not memorize it! I really want I revive a bunch if other passages I memorized in previous years, memorize Colossians (I love that book!) and definitely some Psalms. Keep me accountable to that. 🙂

Rolena Hatfield
                @rolena-hatfield
                  • Total Posts: 405

@jadamae Jada, I love Paul’s prayer in Eph. 3. So good! Those were my summer verses that I often thought on last year. Keep it up!

@kina-lamb
                  Yes! I’m so grateful for our church! It’s called Hillside Bible Fellowship. (cause we meet in a building on the hillside 🙂 ) I believe the memorization was something that was started a year, year and a half ago. It’s been really neat to see how brothers and sisters in Christ have challenged each other to work on memorization. It’s also formed some great accountability!

https://rolenahatfield.com/

R. J. Wordsmith
                  @r-j-wordsmith
                    • Total Posts: 113

I just finished James 1 a bit ago. Now I’m working on Psalm 1, and I’m almost finished! After that I’ll probably memorize the rest of James.

Also, Scripturetyper sounds awesome, definitely have to try that.

Snapper
                    @dragon-snapper

1 Peter 3:15-16
                      But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear; having a good conscience, that when they defame you as evildoers, those who revile your good conduct in Christ may be ashamed.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Kina Lamb
                      @kina-lamb
                        • Total Posts: 162

Hi everyone! I just got back. 😀 On the plane I memorized Luke 7:36-50. And @emma-flournoy, I remembered to salute you every time I got on the plane!

Emma Flournoy
                        @emma-flournoy
                          • Total Posts: 1352

Wonderful @Kina-Lamb. XD Welcome back!

Snapper
                          @dragon-snapper

Colossians 4:5-6 Walk in wisdom toward those who are outside, redeeming the time. Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one.
                            Galatians 6:9 And do not let us grow weary while doing good, for in due season we will reap if we do not lose heart.
                            Matthew 7:6 Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls to the swine, lest they trample them beneath their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces.
                            Titus 3:5 not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, and by the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit.

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Snapper.
                            • This reply was modified 7 years ago by Snapper.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Snapper
                            @dragon-snapper

I seem to have memorized a whole bunch of miniature verses. 😛 All of them in Romans.

Romans 2:15 Who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them)

Romans 2:18 And know His will, and approve the things that are excellent, being instructed out of the law,

Romans 8:37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.

Romans 8:31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us.

Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the law.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Snapper
                              @dragon-snapper

Psalm 10:4 The wicked in his proud countenance does not seek God; God is not in any of his thoughts.

Psalm 119:160 The entirety of Your word is truth, every one of Your righteous judgments endures forever.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Kina Lamb
                                @kina-lamb
                                  • Total Posts: 162

Today I reviewed Matthew 6:1-4. It’s funny how when I first memorized that small passage, it took me about half an hour but now it would take me about 10 minutes. Memorizing just gets easier and easier guys!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >