Scripture Memorization!

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Scripture Memorization!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Kina Lamb
    @kina-lamb
      • Total Posts: 162

Hi guys!

This is a scripture-memorization thread. If you have memorized any scripture – or reviewed any scripture you’ve memorized – recently, please post what you memorized/reviewed to encourage and motivate the rest of us! 😀 Your word I have hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against You. ~ Psalm 119:11

Tags: (salud!) @kate-flournoy @emma-flournoy @sierra-r @spradlin @christi-eaton @daeus @perfectfifths @aratrea @clairec @hope @jane-maree @ethryndal @jess @graciegirl @audrey-caylin @winter-rose @delightinlife @r-j-wordsmith @overcomer @arella-noreen @rolena-hatfield @adry_grace @jadamae @anyone that sees this 😀

Snapper
      @dragon-snapper
        • Total Posts: 3515

@kina-lamb Here I am! Today, I’m simply working on reviewing my verses.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Kina Lamb
        @kina-lamb

@dragon-snapper yay! *gives you a high five and wonders why I’m always giving people high fives.* Me too, actually! I’m reciting Psalm 40 at a speech meet tomorrow, so today I’ve been saying it to anyone who will listen. 😀

Audrey Caylin
          @audrey-caylin
            • Total Posts: 323

*hides behind hands* I need to memorize more Scripture 😛 Usually I can memorize the actual words, but can’t remember where it came from for the life of me. I’ve been spending a lot more time in the Bible lately though, so I’ll be back soon with something…

Actually, I chose a verse for the year, and I remember it 😀 (though not what Bible version it came from)

“Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer” ~Romans 12:12

Kina Lamb
            @kina-lamb

That’s great, @audrey-caylin! I know, I went through a time when I’d go to bed without having read my Bible at all that day! In Proverbs it says, “Why is there in the hand of a fool the purchase price of wisdom, since he has no heart for it?” (Proverbs 17:16) Oh, that convicted me and challenged me to ask myself whether I had a heart for God’s Word – since, after all, the Bible is the ultimate source of wisdom. 😀 Daeus participating in the Bible Bee last year really motivated me to start memorizing. It’s amazing how once you memorize a little bit, it gets easier to memorize more! Even last year I fretted over memorizing 3-verse-long portions but now I’m memorizing passages and chapters. Hope that encourages you. 😀

A tip my friend shared with me on how to connect references with the verse (she had trouble with that too) is to say, (I’ll use John 3:16 for an example) “John 3:16 For God so loved. John 3:16 For God so loved.” over and over again until she could connect the reference with the words. I’ve found that helpful. 😀

I will worship toward Your holy temple, And praise Your name For Your lovingkindness and Your truth; For You have magnified Your word above all Your name. ~ Psalm 138:2

Audrey Caylin
              @audrey-caylin
                • Total Posts: 323

Thanks for the tips @kina-lamb! That’s super inspiring! 😀

Jane Maree
                @jane-maree
                  • Total Posts: 909

@Kina-Lamb
                  We do weekly memory verses as a family, and I really enjoy that. Our current one for this week is “The heart of man plans his way, but the LORD establishes his steps.” – Proverbs 16:9

Another memory passage that I really like (and reviewed this morning) is Romans 8 (yep. The whole chapter) but it’s a little long to write the whole thing out. 😛

“What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also, with him, graciously give us all things. Who shall bring any charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies, who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died, more that that, who was raised, who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us.
                  What shall separate us from the love of God? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? As it is written: “For your sake we are being killed all the day long. We are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.”
                  No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.” – Romans 8:31-39

Writing Heroes ♦ Writing Hope // janemareeauthor.com.au

Kina Lamb
                  @kina-lamb

@audrey-caylin yay! I’m so glad!!

Kina Lamb
                    @kina-lamb

@jane-maree yay! I’m so glad for you too!! And goody for Proverbs – we’re memorizing Proverbs as well! Every morning we learn a new verse in Proverbs, draw an illustration of it in a notebook, and read the chapter that we’re in. We’re on Proverbs 20 now. I definitely wouldn’t say we’ve memorized 20 chapters of Proverbs, but we’re very familiar with it! So when you said Proverbs 16:9 I immediately remembered it. Yes, I love that one. 😀 Goody for you memorizing a whole chapter! *reaches through the computer wires and gives you a high five.* I love Romans 8.

Jane Maree
                      @jane-maree
                        • Total Posts: 909

@Kina-Lamb ooh cool!
                        My sister and I actually have memorized chapters one through to nine of Romans, but eight is definitely my favourite of them. And I can’t completely reliably recite the whole of that chunk, but I can do a fair bit, and I’m trying to review and improve on that at the moment. 🙂
                        *high fives you back*

Writing Heroes ♦ Writing Hope // janemareeauthor.com.au

Kina Lamb
                        @kina-lamb

@jane-maree wow! @gives you yet another you guessed it, high five.* 😀

Rolena Hatfield
                          @rolena-hatfield
                            • Total Posts: 405

@kina-lamb What a neat topic! Thanks for starting it!
                            Our church has been working on memorizing different sections of verses and right now we’re working on Isaiah 43:8-12.
                            And personally, I’ve been working on memorizing 1 Peter, I’ve memorized chapter 1 up to verse 11. 🙂
                            *offers you a high five* 😀

https://rolenahatfield.com/

Snapper
                            @dragon-snapper
                              • Total Posts: 3515

Today I’ve memorized Ephesians 6:13-18 -The Armor of God- My translation is NKJV.

Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints- Ephesians 6:13-18

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Kina Lamb
                              @kina-lamb

@rolena-hatfield Wow, a church that memorizes God’s word, that’s a treasure and practically unheard of. 😀 What church do you go to? *returns the high-five.*

Kina Lamb
                                @kina-lamb

@dragon-snapper *gives you a high-five.* Yay for NKJV! That’s my version, too! *Gives you another high-five.* Hey I went to the speech competition last night and won first place! I recited Psalm 40. 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >