-
Daeus replied to the topic Phoenix Tears – Please Critique. in the forum Poetry Critiques 9 years, 5 months ago
@cloudy Well, I’m not very good with meter either and I hardly remember any of their names. I know iambic meter is the easiest though, so maybe go with that.
I find it hard to be real scientific about meter, so I basically just familiarize myself with examples, try to write rhythmically, and read my poetry to myself several times and tweak it…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Phoenix Tears – Please Critique. in the forum Poetry Critiques 9 years, 5 months ago
@cloudy The thing that stood out to me is that I think it would do a lot better with a meter.
-
Kina Lamb replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@winter-rose you’ll probably be done by the time I can write, but once I finish baking bread this afternoon, (I have to start by 2:00 p.m.) since the weather is spectacular, I’ll be in my favorite spot mapping out my children’s story. 😀
-
Kina Lamb replied to the topic Scripture Memorization! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
Today I reviewed Matthew 6:1-4. It’s funny how when I first memorized that small passage, it took me about half an hour but now it would take me about 10 minutes. Memorizing just gets easier and easier guys!
-
Kina Lamb and
FeedingMyGoldfish are now friends 9 years, 5 months ago -
Kina Lamb and
Cloudy are now friends 9 years, 5 months ago -
Snapper replied to the topic Finished! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@clairec
*confetti and pats you the back and shakes your hand vigorously*
1. How do you write extended outlines? — Usually, I write a three point outline, beginning, middle and end, and off of that I’ll write it chapter by chapter. While I’m doing the three point outline, many ideas for scenes will pop into my head, so I just write them down on…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Beta Readers Wanted//Fantasy in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 5 months ago
Ack! Overcommitted. Sorry, I like beta reading.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Finished! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
Wahoo! An outline’s not easy work. Congratulations on starting your first novel too.
1. Extended is a little relative. With my current WIP, I had all the plot points K.M.Weiland talks about outlined (minus one or two minor ones) before I started writing. Also, before every chapter, I spend at least an hour figuring out how the chapter is going to…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Is the "love interest" necessary? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 Heh, no, that wouldn’t end very well. 😛 I’m kinda scratching my head on how I gave that impression. I was just seconding what Gabrielle said:
They helped each other through their struggles. They helped each other grow. They actually had a relationship, if you know what I mean. Not just a you-look-pretty-we-work-well-together…
-
Kina Lamb replied to the topic The Legend of King Daeus in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 5 months ago
ah, @dragon-snapper, I just had an idea. Daeus loves to sing, he’s always singing, and he sings really well. He loves symphonies, too. Oh, he loves symphonies! (Did I mention he wants to write one of his own?) If you could capture his love of music in your story, it would be really accurate. 😀
-
Kina Lamb replied to the topic The Legend of King Daeus in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 5 months ago
@dragon-snapper I absolutely cannot believe that I didn’t see this earlier!!! Wow, this is great! Although…. I do have to say that Daeus isn’t like how you pictured him. He really is very kind and not at all controlling or desiring of power… 😀 But I do have to say, the part when “As they marched into the armory, Daeus conldn’t help but say,…[Read more]
-
Kina Lamb replied to the topic The Legend of King Daeus in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 5 months ago
@daeus give credit where credit is due. 😀
-
Kina Lamb replied to the topic The Legend of King Daeus in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 5 months ago
@daeus that was my idea!
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@Clairec I want to say The Princess Bride, but I’m not sure…
-
Daeus replied to the topic Poetry Contest in the forum Poetry 9 years, 5 months ago
@r-j-wordsmith Yes, when I was about eight I entered in their essay contest and got an honorable mention and then last year I did their poetry contest and made it as a finalist.
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Legend of King Daeus in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 5 months ago
@dragon-snapper The Aussies could ride kangaroos instead of horses.
-
Daeus started the topic Poetry Contest in the forum Poetry 9 years, 5 months ago
-
Daeus replied to the topic Reader Behavior Survey in the forum Publishing & Platform 9 years, 5 months ago
@clairec Wow! Super thanks. Katie’s been my #1 writing mentor, so that feels pretty awesome.
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Legend of King Daeus in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 5 months ago
@dragon-snapper Sure. Iron bars have a nice regularity to them.
- Load More
