Is the "love interest" necessary?

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Is the "love interest" necessary?

• This topic has 37 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 1486

*rushes into conversation like she’s a part of it* @graciegirl I do my school and stuff on the floor too! :D. Or I used to. I now have a short table I set my computer on (though I still sit on the floor)

@whoever was talking about this…. Jyn and Cassian were at thing. I was really happy they didn’t kiss (though a small part of me wanted it), and the hug was amazing. I think the really awesome thing was, they weren’t just love interests; they helped each other through their struggles. They helped each other grow. They actually had a relationship, if you know what I mean. Not just a you-look-pretty-we-work-well-together thing. It meant something.

Gracie
      @graciegirl
        • Total Posts: 889

@winter-rose Yeah, who needs chairs anyway? 😜
        And w/regards to the Jyn & Cassian thing, you and I are of the same mind. A greater love story than half the stuff I’ve read and it didn’t even really happen. Go figure. 😆

*is probably geeking out about something*

Emma Flournoy
        @emma-flournoy
          • Total Posts: 1352

@Dragon-Snapper @GracieGirl @Winter-Rose Totally agreed.

They actually had a relationship, if you know what I mean. Not just a you-look-pretty-we-work-well-together thing. It meant something.

Gabrielle, exactly.

Kate Flournoy
          @kate-flournoy
            • Total Posts: 3976
            Ethryndal
            @ethryndal
              • Total Posts: 1013

@Winter-Rose YES. Why do writers not do it more often?

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Elizabeth
              @that_writer_girl_99
                • Total Posts: 1819

@ethryndal You mean, accurately portray a romance where the main character has the nerve to say, “Hey, I like you and all, but we’re kinda in the middle of saving the world and I don’t have time to date?” I don’t know…

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Ethryndal
                @ethryndal
                  • Total Posts: 1013

@that_writer_girl_99 Heh, no, that wouldn’t end very well. 😛 I’m kinda scratching my head on how I gave that impression. I was just seconding what Gabrielle said:

They helped each other through their struggles. They helped each other grow. They actually had a relationship, if you know what I mean. Not just a you-look-pretty-we-work-well-together thing. It meant something.

But when it comes right down to it…the world is kind of more important than a crush… 😉

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Anonymous
                    • Total Posts: 1486

@ethryndal Haha yep the world is slightly more important. 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  >