-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Also, Junior is by the door wearing boots too if you want your charrie to meet him.
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Like a horse. It’s a smell I can’t describe. Some hate, some love it, I find it pleasant. It’s a smell that doesn’t yell “Shepherd” like a goat or sheep smell, it yells instead “barn”.
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
I didn’t cry, but I had a sudden urge to find Marcel, give him a hug and just be with him.
Now I’m wondering if there is anyway Chase could find Marcel, because Chase has an urge to apologize. Like, an urge so deep that it’s one of the first things I feel when I put on his character cloak. But…I’m afraid that’s not possible rn, at…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Critiques for a short story I wrote? in the forum Short Story Critiques 2 years, 9 months ago
Thanks! Yeah, I figured it was pretty obvious, lol. I wasn’t really trying to hide it.. I guess I was more concerned with telling the story than surprising the reader. And I’m sure most of us have read other stuff with basically the exact same plot, so it wasn’t exactly surprising anyway.
Got it, I’ll fix that. Thanks!
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Critiques for a short story I wrote? in the forum Short Story Critiques 2 years, 9 months ago
Overall, it’s pretty good! Like Jonas said, I figured out right away who the king was, and I also recognized the allegorical elements pretty quickly, but I don’t think that’s a bad thing.
I also agree that the ending (as it was in your first post) was pretty abrupt and confusing. I think the changes you made helped!
The last thing…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Christmas!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Yeah I think that can count! That is a good movie!
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Christmas!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
My grandparents used to give ornaments to each of us grandkids every year! They stopped once we reached a certain age, and started giving us money instead. I liked getting ornaments but it did fill up our tree lol.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Aw, that was so sad! I really liked it though, tag me if you post more.
Oohhh, I like it!
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Critiques for a short story I wrote? in the forum Short Story Critiques 2 years, 9 months ago
Yeah, it was mentioned in the dialogue, but I guess it might be easy to miss that.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Critiques for a short story I wrote? in the forum Short Story Critiques 2 years, 9 months ago
Thanks! I fixed the stall part in my document, but it won’t let me edit my post anymore.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Critiques for a short story I wrote? in the forum Short Story Critiques 2 years, 9 months ago
So, the king has been traveling for a while. He wasn’t aware of the rules put on the people by his regents, who he’d appointed to take care of the country while he was gone.
When I wrote it, I was trying to create sort of an allegory. I know it’s not perfect, but that’s what I was thinking when I came up with it. The king is meant to…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Critiques for a short story I wrote? in the forum Short Story Critiques 2 years, 9 months ago
Much better!
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Critiques for a short story I wrote? in the forum Short Story Critiques 2 years, 9 months ago
I added a few sentences that hopefully resolve it a little better? I’m not sure. Do you still think it’s missing something?
… I can’t believe I didn’t see it before—who he was. The suspicion has grown inside of me for weeks, strengthening with each day that passed. When the guards disappeared from the marketplace. When the curfe…
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Look up, I botched your simple tag.
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
@jomas @highscribeofaetherium
A menthol is what a cough drop is called. It’s on the couch drop bags in the stores.
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Paper isn’t allowed, but non-gun weapons are.
Well, at my Dad’s work, menthols aren’t allowed places, yet he always has a razor knife in his pocket.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Critiques for a short story I wrote? in the forum Short Story Critiques 2 years, 9 months ago
Alright! XD Thanks, I appreciate it.
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
I think Gregory would definiately interrogate Junior, since Junior has an unregistered pet and boots already! This could get interesting!
-
Ruth replied to the topic Critiques for a short story I wrote? in the forum Short Story Critiques 2 years, 9 months ago
My thoughts are the same as Jonas, but a horse “pen” is correctly called a stall. If the horse is in a field outside, or a fenced in area, it’s called a paddock. If you need horsey terms, just tag me.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic My WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 9 months ago
Got it!
- Load More
