-
hybridlore replied to the topic What is the cringiest thing you've ever written? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
And I don’t know why Spring sleeps on an air mattress, lol.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic What is the cringiest thing you've ever written? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Here ya go!
THE SEASON SISTERS
Spring yawned, and slid off her air mattress. Her older sister Summer was fast asleep.
She looked at her alarm clock. It was 6:29. Just then, a piercing alarm broke through the silence. Summer groaned and rolled over. Spring jumped up and yanked the blind cords. Bright sunlight danced through the room. ” Time…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic What is the cringiest thing you've ever written? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
GREAT topic XD I don’t have my very first story anymore (it’s probably in storage) but I have one that I wrote when I was… Ten, maybe eleven? That was kind of my first actual novel attempt. It only has like, two chapters. Brb, I’ll go find it to post
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic What is the cringiest thing you've ever written? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Oh my word, I didn’t even realize I had this story on my laptop! This is from wayyyy back- I think it was the first story I ever wrote, when I was like six or seven? I roped in my younger brothers so you can thank one of them for the name “Gummy”.
My idea of a chapter was essentially a paragraph.
Chapter one
The three kids
One day three…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic What is the cringiest thing you've ever written? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
I have a folder on my laptop marked “old stuff” and I can assure there will be something cringy in there. Let me go digging for a minute!
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Huh, that’s interesting. I guess it gives your other teeth a little more space, though. I had to have a couple teeth pulled when I was little because my mouth was so crowded, but then the adult teeth still came through so it didn’t really solve the problem, lol. I guess it just made it easier for them to give me braces.
-
Ruth replied to the topic What is the cringiest thing you've ever written? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Well, your punctuation is fine…and it is soooo not as cringy as what I wrote a year ago!
-
Ruth replied to the topic What is the cringiest thing you've ever written? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
About this scene above:
Proud of it, NO!
Still like it because off Krogen, yeah.
You will see what I mean when I finish it…
-
Ruth replied to the topic What is the cringiest thing you've ever written? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
oh my gosh….lol I was reading it and I was like, oh it’s really good! and then I read this sentence:
I can’t tell you what Nahim’s face looked like because he never showed it to anyone.
And then I laughed.Not mean at all. I consider that sentence the thing the sums up my first draft. Awfulness, awfulness, awfulness. Except.…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic What is the cringiest thing you've ever written? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Oh this is great! I still like this scene…
Nahim walked on. Suddenly his boots hit something solid and metal with a clank. Nahim walked about. (Ruee, what kinda of a sentence is that?!) It appeared to be a circular metal something. *Nahim discovers it’s a base, gets inside, blah blah blah* “Hello, Hello!” (Oh, did I mention I had no idea what…
-
Ruth replied to the topic What is the cringiest thing you've ever written? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
I shall keep the spelling for effect…
Chapter 1 Nahim and Mandin
Nahim sat cofortably near Mandin liking out over the lake Gaylax. He was young, only being 19 years in age, Mandin was 5 years older and had more expierance but they still got along together well. I can’t tell you what Nahim’s face looked like because he never showed it to anyone.…
-
Ruth replied to the topic What is the cringiest thing you've ever written? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
@savannah_grace2009 @anyone-else
Ready for some pieces of writing from when I had absolutely no idea what I was doing?
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Okay, I think Chase’s stutter may return…
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Which teeth did you have to get pulled?
-
Ruth replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
I have a headache thanks to my little brother, ask me another day, but rn…all I can think about is dragons and the philological warfare of sirens…
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
I CAN’T FEEL MY FACCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i just got two teeth pulled…..AHHHHHHH!
Oof I hate that! When I had my wisdom teeth removed my whole face was numb, and then I could barely open my mouth because apparently they cut through the muscles. It took like two weeks of slo…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Critiques for a short story I wrote? in the forum Short Story Critiques 2 years, 9 months ago
Okay, I’ll think about it! No problem, thank you!
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Critiques for a short story I wrote? in the forum Short Story Critiques 2 years, 9 months ago
So, yep! Mostly just because of the curfew. I guess I was trying to show how the villagers were impacted by it, if that makes sense.
That’s true, I might use that word a lot XD. I’ll have to reread it and see where I can change words around to fix that. Thanks for pointing that out!
Yeah, I get that. I’m not really sure how the…[Read more] -
hybridlore replied to the topic Critiques for a short story I wrote? in the forum Short Story Critiques 2 years, 9 months ago
Ohh, I see what you mean. I meant the main character isn’t looking at the sky anymore, but yeah, I’ll have to change that. Thank you!
-
Esther replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
OH! And I have Hallie and Easton who I have not RPed for yet but will do so now…
…
Easton
“So, are you glad you came? You seem very confident with that waltz now.”
“Yep!” Hallie flashed him her signature smile. “I’m glad you came along.”
Easton bobbed his head in a small laugh. “Anytime. But…” he peered over the heads of students. “Looks lik…[Read more]
- Load More
