What is the cringiest thing you’ve ever written?

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions What is the cringiest thing you’ve ever written?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    -GRCR-
    @grcr
      • Total Posts: 947

*has been stalking*

Oof… what a topic…

Pretty much everything I wrote when I was 12-13 is trashy…

“What be a cretin?”
      “Of course you wouldn’t know. It’s a… bread you put in salad.”

HighScribe
      @highscribeofaetherium
        • Total Posts: 2220

BWAHAHAHAH lookie what I’ve found… hehehe…

Prepare to have your minds BLOWN.

It's harder to make a square evil than it is a triangle.

Annoying side character of the KP cast.

-GRCR-
        @grcr

@highscribeofaetherium

Hey!! We have the same last name!! lol

“What be a cretin?”

hanako
          @hanako
            • Total Posts: 171

@highscribeofaetherium @grcr

That’s so funny, because it’s spelled the same as ours too. Usually, we only know people that have it without the e.

"We don't play to win, we win by playing."

-Fellowship Bible Chapel

HighScribe
            @highscribeofaetherium

I feel the need to preface this by saying no, seven-year-old me was not insane, nor a psychopath.

Pontoon Boat Catastrophe

It was a dark night. The waves crashed against the shores of Door County. We were in a pontoon boat on the enormous waves.

“We must pass the dangerous Horseshoe Island!”

exclaimed Captain Grandpa.

“Tidal wave!” yelled First Mate Bridget.

The ship flew up in the air and over the tidal wave. We crashed down and hit the water.

Dunno why I just switched to first person.

The motor fell off!

Must’ve been very poorly attached XD!

The lightning was hitting the water with a great crash.

“I see it! I see the motor!” shouted Dad.

Captain Grandpa said, “Grab the rope!”

First Mate Bridget and Jonas ran for the rope and snatched it at the exact same time. They started to wrestle over it

Sorry for my very actuate portrayal of you, Jonas lol

Then Mom called from above, “Guys, the rope!”

Apparently we were below deck on a pontoon boat?? 😂

And they ran up with the rope and tied one end to the lifeboat and the other end to the pontoon boat.

First Mate Bridget jumped into the life boat and rowed it out to the motor. She grabbed it excitedly.

Then N (our little brother, I wasn’t sure if he’d be ok with me putting his name on here so I’ve shortened it to N) and Grandma pulled her back in. We attached the motor and went on our way. We made it safely past Horseshoe Island.

Then trouble began again. Evil guys in tiny lifeboats were coming!

N yelled, “Get the Gatling gun!”

Woah, that escalated quickly. What was seven-year-old me thinking?!?

First Mate Bridget grabbed it, but it was too late.

The evil guys got on the boat led by Mr. Mwahahaha.

Why does that make it too late? I think it was because my mom was editing and making sure this stayed PG 🤣

Wait till you guys see the illustration for this one, it really cracks me up XD

Some pontoon boat, huh? XD the life boats are those tiny dots, btw 😂

Then N got the plunger gun…

The wHaT?!?

…and started shooting plungers everywhere. Mr. Mwahahaha got a plunger stuck on his face and he screamed, “I can’t see!”

This is gold, is it not?

He called for Mr. Guy-Without-A-Name and Mr. Something and Mr. Forgotten-Name.

I was very creative, huh? 😅

They pulled and pulled, but the plunger would not come off.

The bad guys backed up and then they accidentally backed over the edge of the pontoon boat. They sank to the bottom of the lake

Yikes.

Hurray!” we all shouted.

Then the storm stopped and we safely reached our destination.

Go ahead, laugh XD XD

HighScribe
              @highscribeofaetherium

Why did I make my little brother the hero of the story!?!? 🤣

HighScribe
                @highscribeofaetherium

@grcr @hanako

That’s funny. I don’t know if I’ve actually ever met an Osborne (or an Osborn) I wasn’t related to before.

Cloaked Mystery
                  @jonas
                    • Total Posts: 2624

@highscribeofaetherium

You were writing in first person the whole time, because you consistently used the word ‘we’, but you refer to yourself in the third person, which implies that this being narrated from someone else’s perspective.

🏰 Fantasy Writer
                    ✨ Magic System Creator
                    🎭 Character RPer
                    📚 Appreciator of Books

HighScribe
                    @highscribeofaetherium

@jonas

Weird.

hybridlore
                      @hybridlore
                        • Total Posts: 1356

@savannah_grace2009

GREAT topic XD I don’t have my very first story anymore (it’s probably in storage) but I have one that I wrote when I was… Ten, maybe eleven? That was kind of my first actual novel attempt. It only has like, two chapters. Brb, I’ll go find it to post

There is always light behind the clouds.
                        - Little Women, Louisa May Alcott

-GRCR-
                        @grcr

Here is something cringe-worthy:

I wrote this when I was… 12? I think? Oh well. I had a fascination with creating weird names, and I never planned a plot, so everything is crazy and all over the place…

This scene doesn’t make much sense, so sorry…

“Your the reason I have bad luck!” Yelled Jesti at the little brown cat laying on his bed. Jesti, a young 7 yr old boy, lived with his mom and dad and his 6 siblings, Jones and Elizabeth. Jones was 14, Elizth, as Jesti called her, was 9, Kethi was 5, Regie was 3, Keanea was older than Jesti by a day, and Gloro was ten.

“Jehie, theres no such thing as ‘luck’.” Kethi said back.

Kethi jumped on Jesti’s bed.

“Ah! Jehie! Wets go spy on Ezi and Keanea!”

“Good thinking. that should give us something to do.” Jesti said.

There’s more, but I won’t to share it (for my own sanity’s sake)… I typed it as I had it in my notebook (but I fixed bad spelling and stuff), so… 😅

“What be a cretin?”

hybridlore
                          @hybridlore

Here ya go!

THE SEASON SISTERS

Spring yawned, and slid off her air mattress. Her older sister Summer was fast asleep.

She looked at her alarm clock. It was 6:29. Just then, a piercing alarm broke through the silence. Summer groaned and rolled over. Spring jumped up and yanked the blind cords. Bright sunlight danced through the room. ” Time to get up!” She said cheerfully. “You’re going to be late for school!”

Summer sat up slowly. She swung her legs over the side of the bed. Acting and moving like a zombie, she got dressed and walked into the bathroom to brush her hair and teeth.

Spring quickly changed and, as her mother would call it, “freshened up”. As she ran downstairs, her father greeted her in the kitchen.

“Where’s the fire?” He joked, ruffling her hair. “Oh, Daddy, you’re so silly.” Spring laughed as she started to pack her lunch. “Where’s Mother?”

Her father hesitated, and then replied, “Doing important work business.”

Winter gilded downstairs, accompanied by the sweet smell of perfume, along with Autumn. Winter was the oldest sister, and at 16, she was a perfect young adult. She was organized, practical, and had straight A’s. Responsible and reasonable, she was popular among her friends.

Autumn was smaller than the average 13-year-old, and she was shy and had a hard time fitting in. She and Winter shared a room, but it was clear their difference in personality was large. Autumn loved art, and she spent her time drawing and reading if she wasn’t staring into space.

Summer was sporty and cool, starring the school’s 11-year-old basketball, soccer, kickball, and track teams. Stubborn and loyal, she had plenty of friends in their small town of Mystery, Vermont.

Spring was perky, bouncy, and downright cheerful. Her optimistic personality made it hard to frown at the cheerleading 9-year-old. Nothing held her down for long.

Summer raced downstairs, nearly knocking down Autumn, and bumped into Winter. “I can’t find my backpack!” She frantically searched the living room. “Chill, Summer, we’ll help you find it.” Winter calmly opened the closet door. “Look, it’s hanging up right where you left it yesterday afternoon.”

“Oh.” Summer stopped right in her tracks. “That makes sense.” Grabbing her backpack from its hook, she snatched some toast from the table.

“What’s with her?” Winter asked.

Autumn replied, “Today she’s taking a test.”

“Still,” Winter continued,” It’s not like she didn’t study or anything.”

“Ummm,” said Autumn. “She didn’t.”

“Seriously, Summer?” Winter worried. “You didn’t study at all?”

“I forgot!” Summer whined. “And besides,” she mumbled under her breath, “Mrs. Dragonbreath would’ve given me a bad grade anyway.”

Winter shot Summer a warning look. Her ice-blue eyes were deadly enough without the stare added to them. Strangely, Winter had been born with eyes the color of a frozen pond and pale skin with silvery blonde hair, while Autumn was born with hazel eyes, a tan complexion, and reddish dark blonde hair.

Summer possessed light brown locks, and her skin matched Autumn’s, but a tint lighter, and also with bright emerald eyes.

And Spring, some lovely swirls of blonde and gold beautifully matched her haunting, unusually rare lavender irises and light skin, though not quite as pale as Winter’s. These visual traits inspired their names.

Summer returned the glare and stalked away to find her sneakers.

“The bus is here! Goodbye, girls!” Their father, who had somehow sneaked upstairs during the conversation, was telling them to leave before they were late.

“Not so fast, sneaky Dad!” Summer, who had forgotten her bad mood, was yelling upstairs. “We take different buses now!”

“She’s right, Dad, we do!” Spring was backing up her sister. “So which one is it?”

Her dad played mock confusion.

“Duh, it’s Winter’s!” Summer replied. “Obviously!” The bus honked.

Winter rushed out the door, only stopping to kiss her sisters on the cheek, one by one. Summer grabbed a paper towel and wiped her cheek hard.

Autumn glared at her. The high school bus pulled away, Winter waving from the back.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. “Oh, that must be Kriss,” Spring said. Kriss was Spring’s BFF.

Spring smiled. “We’re going to walk to school together. Bye!” She grabbed her backpack and ran out the door. “Oh, and the bus is here!”

Summer dashed to the window and peeked through the blinds. “Yes, it is!” She cried, quickly stepping downstairs. “We should hurry.” Autumn and Summer picked up their bags and walked out,

clicking the door shut behind them.

LATER THAT DAY………

Winter waved to her friends as she stepped off the bus and walked toward her house. As she reached for the key in her pocket, a crow cawed loudly. The house looked deserted. “That’s odd,” Winter murmured to herself. “It usually isn’t this quiet.” She inserted the key into the keyhole.

With a quick twist, the door unlocked, and she closed it softly behind her.

“Hello?” She asked, walking through the hallway.

Opening the door to the study, she saw drawers left open, papers were strewn around, and worst of all, the picture frame holding their family’s photo was cracked down the middle, oddly separating the girls from their parents. Winter frowned.

Their parents would never leave it like this! “Something just isn’t right.” She whispered, gently shutting the study door. As she quietly walked through the house, nothing else looked disturbed.

She decided she would wait outside for Summer, Autumn, and Spring. Very soon after that, the middle school bus pulled up in front of their house. As Summer and Autumn walked out, they noticed the worried look on Winter’s face.

Almost immediately, they realized something was wrong. Very wrong.

Winter motioned for Summer and Autumn to join her on the porch. When they reached her, Winter informed them of their situation.

“Maybe we should go inside and look for clues to where they could be,” Autumn suggested.

“I agree.” Added Summer. They started toward the door. ” Wait!” Winter cried. “Look at these tracks!” Autumn turned to examine the marks on the rough concrete. Summer bent down. “I’ve never seen anything like it!” Autumn, who was an expert on animal prints, frowned.

“I’m not sure, they don’t look like anything I’ve ever seen.” Winter stood up. “We should probably go in and look for more clues.” “Let’s go!”

Summer rested her hand on the doorknob, waiting for an answer. Autumn motioned for her to open the door. As they stepped inside, Autumn gasped. The house was a mess. Winter gestured silently for them to follow her. They walked along the hallway. Winter showed them the study. When they finally came outside again, it was time for them to walk to the elementary school to pick up Spring.

As they walked along the sidewalk, none of them said a word. They were all thinking too hard about what had happened. There were no clues, except the tracks they had found near the front door.

When they reached the elementary school, they walked into the building. Nearing Spring’s room, the best rang, and all the students filled out the classrooms. When Spring finally caught up to Winter, Autumn, and Summer, she noticed the solemn look on their faces. “What’s wrong?”

“Spring,” Winter began. “Mom and Dad……”

“They’re not home.” Summer said. Spring raised one eyebrow, questioning. ” Then where are they?” “We don’t know!” Autumn burst out. Winter pulled her sisters into a tight hug. “We don’t know, but we’ll find them.” They started walking toward home.

After they had shown Spring the rest of the house, Summer pushed open the study door. “Uh, Winter??” Summer motioned towards the desk. “Was that there when you came home?” Winter’s gaze landed on the cream-colored envelope resting ever so perfectly on the dark wood. “I don’t think so.” Spring moved closer to the envelope, and with a daring move, snatched the envelope off the desk. She handed it to Winter. The sisters gathered around her as she opened the letter.

Season Sisters,

Best regards to you. I’m sure by now you have noticed that your parents are missing. If you haven’t, now you know. Please do not concern the police in this business. If you do, there will be consequences for you and your parents. I will explain further. You see, you have something that I want very much indeed. Your family ancestors had something called the Faith Sapphire. Then they passed it on and on and on………. until they gave it to your parents. Your parents most likely have not told you this. That is fine. I have told you myself. If you would like to see your parents ever again, you must find the Faith Sapphire and give it to me. This happening must occur before Tuesday at midnight. You are wondering who I am. I am an old family friend. There is no need to continue this subject because you need not know much about me. Henceforth, I will see you at midnight.

Your friend,

Mr. Smith

————————————

On the back, there was a long string of numbers.

The girls were quiet for a few minutes. Then Autumn motioned to the numbers. “GPS coordinates.”

“Ok,” Winter held a hand up. “We know that whoever this is, he has our parents, and he wants this thing called the Faith Sapphire.” “Does anyone have any idea what that is??” Summer raised a hand. “Um, I may have overheard one of Mom and Dad’s conversations.”

“Wait, were you eavesdrop..” Summer cut Winter off. “That doesn’t matter right now.” ” I guess you’re right. ” Winter sighed. “What did you hear?” “All I heard was something about it being too late and the Faith Sapphire being gone forever.” Summer looked down. Spring gasped. ” If that’s true, there’s no way to save Mom and Dad!” Autumn looked pale. ” Don’t say that!” Summer jumped up. “We’re going to find them no matter what.” “And I also wanted to know,” Spring hesitated. “What?” Winter asked. “Who are the season sisters?” Winter looked thoughtful.”I think he’s referring to us.”

“Huh.” Spring looked unsure. Autumn glanced at her watch. “Wow, it’s already 7:30!” The girls hurried downstairs and ate a snack. Then Winter said she’d feel safer if they all slept in the same room tonight, so they moved Summer and Spring’s mattresses upstairs into Winter and Autumn’s room. As Winter lay in bed that

night, she wondered if she’d ever see her parents again.

hybridlore
                            @hybridlore

And I don’t know why Spring sleeps on an air mattress, lol.

Sara
                              @savannah_grace2009
                                • Total Posts: 1985

@highscribeofaetherium

I was laughing so hard!!! The plunger gun…ahhh that was great! hahaha!

Mr Mwahaha…that’s hilarious!!

Lukas&Livia
                                #Lalbert
                                Sef&Chase
                                #HOTTOLINE
                                LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

Sara
                                @savannah_grace2009
                                  • Total Posts: 1985

@hybridlore

Aww it’s cute! I actually like it! For some reason it reminds me of “A Series of Unfortunate Events” books. Idk why XD

Lukas&Livia
                                  #Lalbert
                                  Sef&Chase
                                  #HOTTOLINE
                                  LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 95 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >