@koshka
Active 4 days, 4 hours ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2588
-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic This is Koshka, and these are her books in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 10 months ago
Well, if you ever need a beta reader, critique, or anything else in the future, I am always available if you ever want. I hadn’t been critiquing or reading for awhile (very busy) but I’m happy to say that I can once again critique or you know, just give general thoughts or point out flaws and strengths that I see. But that is of cou…[Read more]
-
Not-So-Secret Secret Assassin replied to the topic Help. I Just Don't Get the Appeal of the Wingfeather Saga in the forum Fantasy 4 years, 10 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien @christi-eaton @gretald @elishavet-pidyon @koshka @keilah-h @anatra23 @joy-caroline @devastate-lasting @elfwing @elanor @e-k-seaver @trahia-the-minstrel @william-starkey @abigail-m @whoever-likes-the-trashfeather-saga
Okay. I’m going back to the gym now. This was way too much nerdy book stuff for one day.
IT’S LEG DAY BABY LEZZ GOOOO!
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Our Book Premises Nerd Space in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 10 months ago
@koshka They’re sentient like humans if that’s what you’re asking.
-
Anatra replied to the topic Breaking my silence. *EMOTIONAL* in the forum Announcements 4 years, 10 months ago
HEMA? that’s so cool! Lol the closest my family has come to anything similar to exercising together is when we found the old P90X discs and exercised with them on speed x2. Yes, I was sore, yes we couldn’t stop laughing, yes we were so stupid.
I’m so happy sanity is optional.
-
Not-So-Secret Secret Assassin replied to the topic Breaking my silence. *EMOTIONAL* in the forum Announcements 4 years, 10 months ago
-
Lin replied to the topic This is Koshka, and these are her books in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 10 months ago
@koshka Ah, I won’t say my church, but we basically did Bible quizzing through a program called AWANA, not sure if you’ve heard of it. I live up in the New England area, so our paths probably haven’t crossed.
I write urban fantasy, eastern fantasy, anything but high fantasy. I tend to combine crime and fantasy, so a lot of my stories (well,…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic This is Koshka, and these are her books in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 10 months ago
@koshka Hey there! Late welcome to our Kingdom of Pen! I’m usually one of the early greeters but I don’t think I’ve welcomed anyone in a long time due to school, hhh…
I’m Linyang, but everyone here calls me Lin, and I enjoy writing crime and fantasy. I was homeschooled as well, and I did a ton of Bible quizzing as a kid. Honestly, I can totally…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic This is Koshka, and these are her books in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 10 months ago
*Creeps in, face hidden in the depths of my cowl. Waves a greeting to Kitty.*
Good day, I have entered here to expound unto you my delight in your books and presence.
*After my fervent salutation, I slip off into the snow, the snow swept clean by the hem of my kirtle.*
Пока!
-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic This is Koshka, and these are her books in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 10 months ago
Okay so first of all, I love this! The prologue was very poetic and although it wasn’t evident that the characters were wolves until the line of wolfish pride was mentioned, I thought it was very good. (Love that line btw).
Alright so here’s a weird thing I love looking at in fiction: the weather. I adored the weather and the aes…[Read more]
-
Anatra replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 11 months ago
XD You’ll get there.
I was surprised those were his first fictional novels. That’s some Godly inspiration right there.
George Macdonald? I don’t recognize that name. Andrew Peterson quotes him?
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 11 months ago
Wasn’t it? And it’s good to end a series before it gets fizled out. He ends it with “Hey, there’s more coming, it’ll be better than what’s here, but that’s a new epoch. Let’s go and have our own adventures.”
And I love the George MacDonald quote as the epigraph. It’s so perfect.
Plus,(sorry this has been a bit of a ramble) if…[Read more]
-
Trahia the Minstrel replied to the topic Our Book Premises Nerd Space in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 11 months ago
-
Anatra replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 11 months ago
OH YES.
I am happy this exists.@elishavet-pidyon @koshka @keilah-h
It is so beautiful.
XD I’ve ruined so many of my favorite books by reading the end when I’m only halfway through ;-; hlp.
I’m glad Andrew Peterson decided to go with putting that ending in the epilogue. It was smart, the perfect way to carry on the story without the…[Read more]
-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic This is Koshka, and these are her books in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
Oh, good! I always love explaining this, so a wolf biography is basically just that. A wolf biography is written by people who observe and record a wolf’s life or a part of that wolf’s life. Which I think is super cool since like you said, wolves get a bad rep a lot of the time. People always hear about them attacking people when rea…[Read more]
-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic This is Koshka, and these are her books in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
Sorry, that post turned out way longer than I thought it would be.
-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic This is Koshka, and these are her books in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
Yeah, sometimes that activity board -honestly I’m not sure what its called- doesn’t always work the best with replies and stuff. *Shrugs* Oh well, this works perfectly and I won’t tell him you said that XD 🙂
That’s so cool that you love wolves too! I don’t know a lot of people who are huge fans, so its always great to meet a fellow fa…[Read more]
-
Abigail.M. posted an update 4 years, 11 months ago
Hi, Koshka! I’m Abigail and I realize that I am terribly late in welcoming you here to KP! That’s cool that you’re Power’s sibling, he’s got some awesome writing. And your’s sounds amazing too. I love the two wolf brothers and the characters and themes you described were beautiful. Which is your favorite theme to write? And those are R…[Read more]
-
Trahia the Minstrel replied to the topic Making Bible Characters Relatable in the forum Biblical Fiction 4 years, 11 months ago
It is amazing! I think the best thing for me is being able to like nerd about Bible characters, especially Jesus! And the relationships between the disciples, especially brother-brother relationships like Simon and Andrew, James and John, are really great!
I get where you’re coming from. The Chosen does try to be h…[Read more]
-
Trahia the Minstrel replied to the topic Making Bible Characters Relatable in the forum Biblical Fiction 4 years, 11 months ago
Have you seen The Chosen? It’s quite good biblical fiction and does what you were saying with making the characters believable and have flaws and all that. It’s a great series about Christ’s disciples and the struggles they might have faced following him during the years of his ministry. It’s really cool, and they have two whole s…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Switching Gears: I'm Writing An Allegorical Fantasy Now! in the forum Biblical Fiction 4 years, 11 months ago
- Load More
