Breaking my silence. *EMOTIONAL*

Home Page Forums General Site Info Announcements Breaking my silence. *EMOTIONAL*

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Not-So-Secret Secret Assassin
    @not-so-secret-secret-assassin
      • Total Posts: 133

Wassup bros.

As you may have noticed, I haven’t been posting on the forum lately.

This is due to a sudden change in my life. It’s a very personal topic, so I’m uncomfortable speaking of it. However it must be speaked of. I can’t keep quiet any longer.

I am now a certified gym bro.

And the truth is, at times my muscles are too big to reach the keyboard.

And my jaw-line is too dang sharp to be able to read comfortably.

Some people look at me and think I’m Arnold Schwarzenegger revived from the dead. If Arnold Schwarzenegger was dead, that is.

I’ve moved on from all this nerdy book stuff, and have joined the Push Pull Leg Cult.

I had to only take 5 protein shakes rather than 15 so that my muscles would be small enough to write this. )):

I’m such a trooper.

I don’t know what to say guys. I’m just swol now.

I know this will be quite the shock to you guys, so here’s a joke to lighten the mood.

Where do you find the gym in Hogwarts?

AT THE DUMBELL DOOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you guys gym bros?

Also, do you guys have any tips on how to keep writing despite my… um dilemma? I don’t want to give up on my protein or my epic gains. Not to mention, my beloved barbell. But who knew my muscles would prevent me from typing? What do I do?

(Epic Wingfeather Saga Rant coming soon)

Flawless and handsome (as ruled by my grandmother.)

@devastate-lasting @koshka @abigail-m

Linyang Zhang
        @devastate-lasting
          • Total Posts: 1700

@not-so-secret-secret-assassin Haha, you make me laugh. Per usual.

Well, guess what! My life, this past summer, has also undergone some drastic changes. My writing schedule (and everything else) was taken by life, punched through like glass, and the shattered pieces were handed back to me for me to piece together. I have an awful memory, so needless to say, I couldn’t do it. I’m starting over. Like a video game.

Anyways, people who go to the gym scare me, a shut-in who does nothing but study. But you have my admiration for looking like such a swol man.

Tips for writing besides a busy life? I would make a schedule of your every day, marking out what you’re going to be doing at every hour, and trying to set aside half an hour or an hour to get to your writing every day. And then trying to form a habit. Gotta build those writing muscles like your actual muscles, amirite?

Good luck, dude.

Lately, it's been on my brain
          Would you mind letting me know
          If hours don't turn into days

@gracie-j @william-starkey  @reaganramm @e-k-seaver @nova21

E. K. Seaver
            @e-k-seaver
              • Total Posts: 344

@not-so-secret-secret-assassin, out of curiosity…. What is a “dum”

The pen is mightier than the sword, but in a duel, I'm taking the sword.
              ekseaver.wordpress.com

@e-k-seaver

It’s how dum people spell dum.

E. K. Seaver
                @e-k-seaver

@not-so-secret-secret-assassin ah.

Btw, how old are you?

ekseaver.wordpress.com

@devastate-lasting

your life fell apart? Aww, man. Dude, I can relate. One time, I was making a sandwich. It was gonna be a really good sandwich ya know? With ham. turkey? I think probably some salami as well. What kind of cheese? Probably some cheddar. We didn’t have any mayo. So I went to put some mustard on it, as you do. And as I was pouring, *trigger warning* the cap fell off and all the mustard crashed (yes, crashed) down all over my beloved sandwich. At that moment, it felt like I had been thrown into an abyss, cursed to fall into an endless, eternal darkness. And all I could do was curse the heavens for taking away everything that I loved and held dear. Everything that I had worked so hard to achieve just crumbled before my very eyes. It had me questioning the universe, the meaning of life, and why there must be so much pain and anguish in this cruel, cruel world.

Even my very own family turned their backs on me. I could no longer look at them in the eyes without feeling a crushing weight of shame and regret. Every waking moment is the painful reminder of my past mistakes and failures. If only I could turn back time. If only someone hadn’t put the mustard lid on the bottle that way. If only there was mayo in the fridge. If only… if only…

Sleep was my only escape from those tormenting thoughts. But even then, my nightmares never ceased to remind me of the cruel reality.

It took a long time to piece my life back together. Luckily, my memory was also sub-par, so the memories started to fade, and I was able to take steps into a new and brighter future.

If I was able to move on from such a trauma, then you can too, Linyang.

oh, yeah. gym bros scare me too. Sometimes looking in the mirror gives me nightmares.

oh, well. I have plenty of time. The problem is the muscles. They are too big. I can barely reach the keyboard. imagine having two exercise ball-sized arms, and trying to write. What do i do.

@e-k-seaver

you’re welcome.

E. K. Seaver
                      @e-k-seaver

@not-so-secret-secret-assassin, I’m going with… eh, 13-14?

ekseaver.wordpress.com

Linyang Zhang
                        @devastate-lasting
                          • Total Posts: 1700

@not-so-secret-secret-assassin Oh wow, what a travesty. I wouldn’t say exactly my life fell apart, I merely moved on from my old life and started a new one. I died and moved on. But my writing life…my writing life became like the sandwich you described, yes.

@e-k-seaver
                          I’m guessing 15, give or take.

Lately, it's been on my brain
                          Would you mind letting me know
                          If hours don't turn into days

Anatra
                          @anatra23
                            • Total Posts: 211

My friend, though I can not relate to the muscles bulge, and I have never experienced so much protein and cursed yellow-spice on a sandwich, but when I was thirteen years old, I beat my brother, who was nearly sixteen, in the best arm-wrestling competition of my life.

But back to the present, yk voice to text exists.
                            (for them troublesome muscles)

@e-k-seaver
                            I’d have to guess 14 w/ a margin of error like, one.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by Anatra.
                            Koshka
                            @koshka
                              • Total Posts: 1424

(Mildly confused)

The most ‘working out’ I’ve ever done is HEMA and 5K training. (HEMA with my older brother, not anything professional or frequent.) I know practically nothing about gyms, so take my advice with a grain of salt.

If you are having trouble typing for any reason, dictate can be a life saver.

If your life is chaotic try to sleep on schedule. The rest of your day may be in shambles, but if you are getting enough sleep, on a schedule, every night you should stay sane.

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Anatra
                              @anatra23
                                • Total Posts: 211

@koshka

HEMA? that’s so cool! Lol the closest my family has come to anything similar to exercising together is when we found the old P90X discs and exercised with them on speed x2. Yes, I was sore, yes we couldn’t stop laughing, yes we were so stupid.

I’m so happy sleeping/sanity is optional.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by Anatra.
                                Koshka
                                @koshka
                                  • Total Posts: 1424

@anatra23

Hehe, that sounds like it was fun!

HEMA is as close to a name for it that I can find. We FINALLY have some armor, so it’s not as painful as it used to be. =)

Sleeping will eventually become unavoidable, but sanity? Definitely optional.

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >