@koshka
Active 4 days, 3 hours ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2588
-
Annabelle replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 9 months ago
Yeah, that’s very true. The way to get people to read it without turning them off is just conveniently “forgetting” about the ancient stones and tell them about the rest.
I guess we all have different visualizations of Artham! I actually like the grey wings better than white, I guess I just didn’t read it close enough.
-
Trahia the Minstrel replied to the topic Cover Art Sharing Space/Critique in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 9 months ago
I love your collage! It’s definitely got me intrigued about your story.😊
Yes, art that you can feel satisfied with is sooo rewarding…
I love the second one you put up (which you said you’d done first), but since I don’t know your story, I can’t say whether the darker and more ominous aesthetic — which makes it feel lik…[Read more]
-
Scoutillus Finch replied to the topic Cover Art Sharing Space/Critique in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 9 months ago
I really love your cover art! I hope we’ll get to see it once it’s polished. Are you doing a duology?
Your collage looks great!
I’ve been toying around with cover ideas for my WIP on Canva as well.

-
Trahia the Minstrel replied to the topic Cover Art Sharing Space/Critique in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 9 months ago
Thank you so much! The girl on the top of the cover is Princess LÃna Veh-Jûranal of FérÄ«jinar, Lily of the Oasis. As to what she’s worried about … that’ll have to remain a secret, until my 2nd book is finished 😉😁.
Yeah … I wanted to have ‘The Prince of WalfKlau’ at the top, and originally I did, but then I realised that i…[Read more]
-
Trahia the Minstrel started the topic Cover Art Sharing Space/Critique in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 9 months ago
Hi Everyone! I’ve been making some rough sketches of my first two book covers, which I thought I’d share and hear whether you thought they looked good or not, and I thought maybe you guys would like to share your covers too, if you have them! It could be fun!


Book 1 and Book 2.
So I’ll go ahead and tag a bunch of people:
-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic Sing of Tomorrow in the forum Poetry Critiques 4 years, 9 months ago
Yes, that makes sense:)
Ooh, yes! The apostrophes make it much more clear, I think that works great! 😀 -
Annabelle replied to the topic Hello!! in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 9 months ago
Hi, @koshka!
Ugh, I know how that is having so many story ideas and not being able to complete any of them. I’ve had that problem for many years, and just recently I decided to sit down and FINISH a book. I just had to keep myself determined.
Yeah, my poems are pretty direct, and I think they’re more of rhymes than poems because they don’t use…[Read more]
-
Anatra replied to the topic Sing of Tomorrow in the forum Poetry Critiques 4 years, 9 months ago
Yes, that’s great! 🙂
-
Anatra replied to the topic Sing of Tomorrow in the forum Poetry Critiques 4 years, 9 months ago
This is so pretty. I love the emotion!
@abigail-m mentioned this, but quick question,
Is the poem saying:Here voices scream: “you’re still in pain,
This Dream and Hope are all in vain,“
Or would that be the singer saying that Dreams and Hopes are in vain?
(ty Elishavet, I’m sure the author appreciates it ^-^)
-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic Sing of Tomorrow in the forum Poetry Critiques 4 years, 9 months ago
Hi, Koshka! I love this poem 😀 I visualized it being sung by a captive like you said it would be and think that that works wonderfully:) It felt wintery and mysterious and sad and hopeful. I especially loved the last stanza and how each line in it was its own yet completely tied together. So I think that’s beautiful.
Hmmm, the only t…[Read more] -
Jodi Maile replied to the topic Sing of Tomorrow in the forum Poetry Critiques 4 years, 9 months ago
I love this poem! I think it’s beautiful and emotional, perfect for a captive to sing.
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Sing of Tomorrow in the forum Poetry Critiques 4 years, 9 months ago
This is a fascinating poem. I especially love the last stanza, and the others are very good too. The imagery is particularly intriguing to me, as well as the change in meter at the end of each stanza.
-
Ava Coulter replied to the topic Heyyy in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 10 months ago
That’s awesome! I’m pretty new to writing seriously, so I’ve never actually completed a novel yet.
I think my fave part about the writing process is character arcs. I love finding my charries unique voices and being able to write them in their different journeys. What about you?
I love spider-man! Are you excited…[Read more]
-
Ava Coulter replied to the topic Heyyy in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 10 months ago
AHhHh I love the end too! But then, I also hate it if you know what I mean *cries silently*
I know the themes in it are BEAUTIFUL! I love the poetry too! Peterson is an incredible author!
Do you like troll poetry? I don’t always understand it very well, but I must admit…those trolls are talented XDD
Yaaa me no like licorish XD
Yes…[Read more]
-
Ava Coulter replied to the topic Heyyy in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 10 months ago
Oh that sounds SOO cool! I’d totally read that! That’s cool that you write with your sister too! I have 4 siblings, but none of them like to write XD. Although, my little brother is one of my main beta readers, which has been interesting lol.
That’s awesome! I haven’t written many short stories (mostly cuz when I do, they end up…[Read more]
-
Trahia the Minstrel replied to the topic Heyyy in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 10 months ago
I don’t have magic either😃 Which made me seriously doubt whether my book could even be classed as fantasy, especially since I also don’t have mythical creatures or monsters. But I’ve decided my book does fit in that genre — mostly cause I can’t think of any other genre it would fit in. It’s a fantasy type story — kinda like Avatar the La…[Read more]
-
Trahia the Minstrel replied to the topic Heyyy in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 10 months ago
You write medieval fantasy! Epic😁 Me too.😁
-
Kathleen replied to the topic What's a story that you worked on for while but completely scrapped later on? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 10 months ago
House of Mages actually sounds pretty cool. What was wrong with that made you not go through with publication?
Woah, that’s a cool idea. I don’t think I’ve ever heard of an idea like that. It sounds like a tricky story to write, but you should totally try going back to that story when you have the…[Read more]
-
Not-So-Secret Secret Assassin replied to the topic Help. I Just Don't Get the Appeal of the Wingfeather Saga in the forum Fantasy 4 years, 10 months ago
@devastate-lasting
True. Where do all those Eastern Dragons be tho?True. True. I actually liked the three introductions when I first read it too. I thought it was a deliberate poke at all the fantasy clichés. I hoped the story would be a somewhat fun yet heartfelt parody of the common fantasy stories. However, the rest of…[Read more]
-
Faith Q. started the topic When is it okay to defy the government? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 4 years, 10 months ago
Okay, y’all, I’ve got a dilemma on my hands.
To give you a bit of background information, my main character (Emeric Dertok) has recently come back into society after eight years of living the life of a hermit. He’s working for the King (Jornan), who charged him with the task of tracking down spies trying to sabotage the government. But as enters…[Read more]
- Load More
