-
Lin replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@godlyfantasy12 Ah I’m not usually on this thread…sorry…but I’m hoping to- (write consistently but I’ve already failed) and finish my current project by the 31st, as well as finish up all of the short ideas I had. As soon as I get this all done…
-
Lin replied to the topic Short Story Secret Santa? (Idea) in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@lewilliams This sounds like a great idea! As I already have started several short stories I’d be glad to participate.
-
Annika C. replied to the topic Writer Advent Calendar? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
This post discussion seems to have been forgotten…. anyone there?
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Short Story Secret Santa? (Idea) in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@lewilliams This is such a cool idea! But, sadly, I am taking a break from writing for a bit to avoid burnout after all I did during the year. But I’ll tag a bunch more people for ya 🙂
@seekjustice @alia @rochellaine @dekreel @dragon-snapper @devastate-lasting @kathleenramm @gracie-j @e-k-seaver @annika-c @nova21 @mayajoelle @erinramm @skredder
-
Lin replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@godlyfantasy12 Oof I’m late ahhh….
But yea take my late encouragement. When I started five years ago I wanted to be published, but now when I look back I’m glad I worked so hard to get to where I am now, boosting my confidence in being published in the future. Some days it’s really hard to write, so doing a warm-up beforehand can help a lot.…[Read more]
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
I just logged in ^-^
What’s everyone up to? Any writing (or outlining, or whatever else)?
-
ella replied to the topic One-Sentence Story Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
Sorry it’s so small!
-
ella replied to the topic One-Sentence Story Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
-
Alexa Autorski's profile was updated 5 years, 9 months ago
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
Thanks, guys!
I have so much planned for this story that there’s no way I could fit it into just a single book. I’m thinking it may turn out to be a duology (a trilogy, if I’m brave enough) The first book might be around 90,000 words. I’m not the best at putting my writing ideas into words, so forgive me if I’m a little rusty with blurbs 😀
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
*round of applause for both of you
That’s some great progress! 111,000 words is incredible, too.
@GodlyFantasy12 I know what you mean about procrastination, though. I usually get so excited about later scenes in my book that I don’t feel like writing the one I’m currently on, so I get stuck in a loop of writing future scenes instead of focusing…[Read more]
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
Oooh, this thread sounds fun 🙂
I know I’m a little late, but I’ll dive in for a second and ramble about my MC.
*Ahem
My heroine is Caira Watson.
She’s super studious, introverted, (a little bossy), and loves coffee as much as I do. She’s 14 yrs. old, but she’s been conserved in ice for the last 1,000 years ((and because of that, she lost her…[Read more]
-
ella replied to the topic One-Sentence Story Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@devestate-lasting, @godlyfantasy12
A thousand years ago, I was taken from my forest, chosen by the Great Dragon to become his immortal servant–I never thought I would become his best friend.

-
ella replied to the topic One-Sentence Story Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
Long ago, the world was split in half:Â one side was governed by industrialism, the other side governed by nature–and way between these two places was protected by the Guardian.

-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
I’ll be around! It’s a cozy cold weekend, so I’m happy to talk writing stuff with everybody. How is everyone’s WIP coming along? I’m hoping to write a lot more over Christmas break ^-^
-
Lin replied to the topic Bullet Journaling in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@godlyfantasy12 Friend, is this forum psychic or something, because right as I opened up KP, I had numerous tabs right next to it called “how to bullet journal”. See, some family friends gave me a dotted journal several years ago, which I’ve been just using to scribble down random things and events, but since several of my friends have really…[Read more]
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
I’ve actually never read those, but they sound gripping, so I may look into reading them! Oh, I know, fantasy is just such a great genre, mostly because you can incorporate so much imagination into it. I’m actually writing my first novel (it might turn into a trilogy) right now. It’s about a girl with special powers, and she’s been prophesied to…[Read more]
-
Alexa Autorski changed their profile picture 5 years, 9 months ago
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
Great to meet you! *shakes hand and sips coffee
Ooh, I’m a fantasy writer too!! And reader. What are some of your favorite fantasy books? Do you like dragons?
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic How has your writing changed since you first started? in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 9 months ago
This is a great thread, so I’ll invite myself over 🙂
For me, I can think of a few, namely plot versus characters. I used to pour all of my writing thoughts into developing the perfect plot and story that would surely keep the author hooked. But what I neglected (and lacked) was developed characters. Not to say that the plot isn’t important, but…[Read more]
- Load More

