Writer Advent Calendar?

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Writer Advent Calendar?

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Scoutillus Finch
    @scoutfinch180
      • Total Posts: 413

@godlyfantasy12

I have a few:

• How does the government of your world affect your story?
      • Write a scene where your character is visiting a mall Santa as a child (if they are in a speculative world, feel free to modify as needed)
      • What view would your character have on Christmas? Write a scene describing this.
      • Your character is waiting for a psychiatrist who does experimental treatment in a small room with beige walls, one window that looks out on a dingy cityscape, a door into a waiting room and a door into a room he/she doesn’t know what’s on the other side, and a mirror or a thrift-store picture of a lighthouse and a tumultuous ocean with a KJV bible verse below. there is a table and two chairs in the center of the hardwood floor with a tissue-box on the tabletop. it is hot and smells of fresh paint. What happens?
      • Your character is out shopping at a mall, what would she be most attracted to buying?

Hope this helps! I don’t know if I’ll be able to do it, but your idea is cool!

We crazy people are the normal ones.

Jenna Terese
      @jenwriter17
        • Total Posts: 2522

@godlyfantasy12

Here are some ideas (not sure if they’re good or not):

• Write a scene where your character is old and goes back in time to visit their past self at some point in your story (that may have been confusing)
        • Write a scene from your book but in a side character’s POV
        • Pretend you’re one of your characters for a day (do as they do, speak as they speak, think as they think)
        • Write a poem about each of the characters
        • Write a heartfelt letter to each of the characters (or just the MC)
        • Write a short story featuring characters from several of your WIPs all together 🙂

I’ll keep thinking…

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
        www.jennaterese.com

GodlyFantasy12
        @godlyfantasy12
          • Total Posts: 6645

I think that’s plenty! Thank u all! Gonna work on it now and I’ll post it here when done!

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
          #ProtectMarcel
          #ProtectSeb

GodlyFantasy12
          @godlyfantasy12

Alright, here it is everyone!

DISCLAIMER

You can move around and change whatever you wish with these prompts.

Not all of them came from me, but I thank everyone for their suggestions!

If you miss some or choose to skip some, don’t worry about it! This is to be fun!

Join in only if you want to!

Most of these prompts are short, and/or can be shortened. Those who don’t have time can, once again, skip or move the dates around to fit in their schedules, whatever you need to do.

You can also add and/or take away prompts to replace them with something you think more fun, or works better with you WIP!

With that outta the way, here is my setup. I put them on index card type things with fun washi tape and different colors. I’m going to write numbers on the back, and turn them over each day. I’ll either tape them to my wall or to a board to put on my wall.

If you don’t have supplies like these, scraps of paper and a pen will work! Or, little note cards and envelopes, whatever you wish to do! Put them in your journal, Or on your actual calendar.

This is the order I have mine in, you don’t have to follow it, and I may even change things later on.

3rd December: (Quote) “I write to give myself strength. I write to be the characters I am not. I write to explore all the things I’m afraid of.” – Joss Whedon

4th December: Write a character’s backstory in one sentence.

5th December: Find an object (random or otherwise) that represents something or someone in your WIP. (Things around your house or out somewhere)

6th December: Make a list of animals your human characters would want to be or would relate to their personality (which one YOU think they would be!)

7th December: Write a scene or a few sentences from your WIP, but in a side character’s or animal’s POV.

8th December: (Quote) “I can shake off everything as I write; my sorrows disappear, my courage is reborn.” -Anne Frank.

9th December: Create a photo collage (on your phone, by hand by printing out or cutting out pics, etc) that inspires you and/or is related to your WIP, such as a scene or character. (Can be as large a collage or as small as you wish.)

10th December: Write a poem about one or more of your character’s.

11th December: Create a holiday for your characters or world, or both!

12th December: Write a heartfelt letter to one or more of your characters, or in one or more of your characters POVs.

13th December: If one of your characters could change one thing about their past, what would it be and why?

14th: Write a character bio for an unimportant or side character. (As large or small as you wish.)

15th: Buy a little something for your writing space! (A pen, candle, magnet, photo, etc.)

16th: Find the scientific name of one or more of your character’s phobia(s)

17th: If your MC had a pet, what would it be, why, and how would it affect the story?

18th: Rewrite parts of “Twas the Night Before Christmas” to be based on your WIP!

19th: Take 5 minutes to sit and “talk” with the character your not as close to. Don’t write anything until the time is up!

20th: (Verse) “Cast all your cares on Him, for he cares for you.” 1 Peter 5:7.

21st: Talk to someone about your WIP! Sometimes telling a little bit helps get more ideas, release anxieties, and received feedback! (Talk about as little or much as you wish)

22nd: Find out the meaning of one or more of your character’s names. Names can give a lot of insight into your character!

23rd: Write a scene or paragraph around this, “I can’t believe you’d betray me…” (You can change this up some, but focus on betrayal.)

24th: Read about Jesus’ birth from the greatest book ever created!

25th: Merry Christmas! Take time to enjoy the holiday! (But try to give your characters some love too (:

Well, there it is!! No pic, but here ya are! Hope ya like it!

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
            #ProtectMarcel
            #ProtectSeb

Linyang Zhang
            @devastate-lasting
              • Total Posts: 1700

@godlyfantasy12 Thank you so much for doing this! I’ll definitely try to use it! (Also the holiday one falls right on my birthday – that day shall be called Author Day. All my characters will have to bow down to me XD jk) But yeah, thank you so much!

Lately, it's been on my brain
              Would you mind letting me know
              If hours don't turn into days

Jenna Terese
              @jenwriter17

@godlyfantasy12 *heart eyes* This is so awesome! Thanks so much for putting it together! 😀

www.jennaterese.com

Gracie J.
                @gracie-j
                  • Total Posts: 1789

@godlyfantasy12 Awesome! I love it! It was so great of you to put all of this together!

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

GodlyFantasy12
                  @godlyfantasy12

Welcome all!! 😊

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                    #ProtectMarcel
                    #ProtectSeb

GodlyFantasy12
                    @godlyfantasy12

Thought I’d share the 2nd days prompt on here! Y’all don’t have to, but for some I might.

This is for Jocelyn’s backstory

Well, my life was pretty great, until one of my best friend’s ended up being my beloved uncle’s murderer and then he  tried to frame me for it. 

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                      #ProtectMarcel
                      #ProtectSeb

Jenna Terese
                      @jenwriter17

@godlyfantasy12 OOH! That is very interesting!

www.jennaterese.com

Annika C.
                        @annika-c
                          • Total Posts: 19

This post discussion seems to have been forgotten…. anyone there?

consistency and passion are key

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        >