Writer Advent Calendar?

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Writer Advent Calendar?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    GodlyFantasy12
    @godlyfantasy12
      • Total Posts: 6645

So wasn’t entirely sure where to put this but….I really want a writer advent calendar!

So far all I can find are literary calendars and writing prompt calendars, but u want one that’s kinda focused on my own work. I thought about making one myself, but not sure what to include.

I thought maybe, if this idea was interesting to anyone else, they could join and we could share some ideas to create our own!!

If we come up with some ideas that focus solely on a certain WIP (for instance, one day could be, create a bio for a side character in ur WIP, etc) and we can all use the ideas for our own works and tweak them as needed!

I figure it’ll just go like most calendars do, from the 1st (or because it is the 1st, maybe the 2nd) to the 25th!

What do y’all think? And any ideas?

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
      #ProtectMarcel
      #ProtectSeb

Linyang Zhang
      @devastate-lasting
        • Total Posts: 1700

@godlyfantasy12 That sounds really cool! My family never really does anything for Advent, so I always forget when it comes around. To be honest, I’d totally do this if someone else could make me a calendar XD I’m unfortunately really busy these two days to create something for myself.

I think that creating character bios or writing short snippets would be fun! If these can all be done in five minutes or less that would be even better for me and my busy schedule XD Of course, it’s all up to you guys.

Lately, it's been on my brain
        Would you mind letting me know
        If hours don't turn into days

GodlyFantasy12
        @godlyfantasy12

@devastate-lasting. Well, why don’t u tag some ppls so we can get them on here too and we can come up with something?

If someone will help me with the ideas, I can make little things and put a pic or post the daily thing for y’all to copy and paste onto your own pieces of paper or whatever u wanna do.

and if I make one I can probs post a pic on here so y’all can see what I did, and if I want u can do the same!

also, if someone’s idea is cool but doesn’t work for you WIP we can tweak it some and still use it!

For example with the character bios. You can write a character you already know you wanna create a bio for, or save it till that day to figure it out. And it could be a secondary character, an unimportant one, or even an animal!

And why don’t we start it on the 3rd? That’ll give everyone time to get it ready.

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
          #ProtectMarcel
          #ProtectSeb

Linyang Zhang
          @devastate-lasting
            • Total Posts: 1700

@godlyfantasy12 That sounds like a great idea. Let me summon up some tags…

@gracie-j
            @kathleenramm @annika-c @nova21 @e-k-seaver @anyone-else @everyone-else @fred @bob @george @fluffiest-wisp-of-cotton-candy @you @me @the-final-crumbs

Lately, it's been on my brain
            Would you mind letting me know
            If hours don't turn into days

GodlyFantasy12
            @godlyfantasy12

looks like we need 23 days worth. I have 2 so far, so we need 21 more

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
              #ProtectMarcel
              #ProtectSeb

Jenna Terese
              @jenwriter17
                • Total Posts: 2522

@godlyfantasy12
                Wow, this is a super cool idea! But I seem to be in the same boat as Linyang; I think I’m too busy to really participate in this, but I’ll definitely tag a bunch of people 🙂 …

@seekjustice
                @rochellaine @gracie-j @kathleenramm @ariel-ashira @alia @valtmy @everyone (To those I’ve tagged: feel free to tag more!)

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
                www.jennaterese.com

Jenna Terese
                @jenwriter17

(oh, but if some ideas happen to pop into my mind, I’ll be sure to share them 😉 )

www.jennaterese.com

GodlyFantasy12
                  @godlyfantasy12

@jenwriter17 and @devestate-lasting

I think we can work it out for y’all to participate! If ppl help me come up with the ideas I’ll take care of everything!

do your Fams have printers? If not, a pen and some scraps of paper and maybe a shoe box would be all you need! (To make the calendar anyway) as for some of the things, if u can’t do it, change it up to what u can do! (I.e. have a snack, maybe some chocolate or something instead!)

or just skip it if u get to busy! This is all for your fun and benefit, and if there’s a prompt or whatever ur not interested in don’t do it, or double up or trade them out if u want different days for different things due to schedule or whatever!

I think we can work this out for y’all, despite the schedule.

ive got four days’ worth so far.

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                    #ProtectMarcel
                    #ProtectSeb

Annika C.
                    @annika-c
                      • Total Posts: 19

I like this idea! Here is my brainstorming:

– write a character backstory in one sentence

– describe a new setting your character has never been to before. What do they notice first?/What grabs their attention?

– What is the villain’s family like?

– What is something the MC lost that they regret losing?

– how does your MC behave around children?

– Describe a scene/setting/etc only using taste and smell

– what is your MC’s favorite holiday?

– make a side character face their worst fear or what is the side character’s worst fear and why?

– if your MC could completely protect one person or thing for one full day, what or who would they protect?

– create a new kind of food for your character to enjoy

– what does your MC say when they are surprised?

– is there someone your MC wishes they would never see again? Who and why?

consistency and passion are key

E. K. Seaver
                      @e-k-seaver
                        • Total Posts: 344

@godlyfantasy12 that sounds like an awesome idea. I’m not very good at brainstorming stuff like that, but if someone else could come up with something I would definitely love to participate.

The pen is mightier than the sword, but in a duel, I'm taking the sword.
                        ekseaver.wordpress.com

Jenna Terese
                        @jenwriter17

@godlyfantasy12 Okay, awesome, thank you! 😀 I’ll be brainstorming and let you know what I come up with…

www.jennaterese.com

GodlyFantasy12
                          @godlyfantasy12

@annika-c copy and pasted ur suggestions into my notes! If anyone else has some ideas post them before 12 PM tomorrow. I’ll plan on getting everything worked out tomorrow so it’ll be ready for the 3rd.

remember to come here sometime tomorrow if y’all wanna participate. I’ll make a list of all whose participating (just to keep track) and will tell y’all how to do it (despite ur schedules or personalized for y’all!)

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                            #ProtectMarcel
                            #ProtectSeb

ella
                            @nova21
                              • Total Posts: 604

Ooo, that looks fun!!  I’ll try, but I also might be too busy. 😢

what we do in life echoes in eternity
                              -gladiator, 2000

Gracie J.
                              @gracie-j
                                • Total Posts: 1789

@godlyfantasy12 Well, I’m a little late to help out with all of this…but kudos for coming up which such a great idea! I’d love to participate, assuming I’ll have the time… I think I can *grunts with exertion* shove a few *clears her desk of a mountain of books* things around *dusts her hands* There! Just tell me where to stand (😋), and I’ll join in whenever I can! Again, terrific idea, girl!

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

GodlyFantasy12
                                @godlyfantasy12

@gracie-j thanks!

im cleaning at my church today but hopefully will be able to work on everything afterwards. Still a few ideas short, so if anyone else has any suggestions that would be great!

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                                  #ProtectMarcel
                                  #ProtectSeb

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >