Bullet Journaling

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    GodlyFantasy12
    @godlyfantasy12
      • Total Posts: 6645

Ok, so…this seems the best place by o put this topic, also, I hope I’m not annoying anyone or being ehh…whatever by creating so many new topics, or chatting too much. I’ve never really been part of an actual forum (I mean….minus games that chat and other things similar) but even those are very limited.

Anyway, I’m hoping to be getting a bullet journal/planner this year for Christmas, and was wondering if anyone else does bullet journaling? I decided to start this next year and I’m pretty excited, I just hope I can stick with it because sometimes I’m very inconsistent, sadly.

Also, if anyone is interested in some planners or bullet journals I found this adorable website with all sorts, and that’s where I’ve found the one I want.

Here’s the link 👇🏻

https://thehappyplanner.com/

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
      #ProtectMarcel
      #ProtectSeb

GodlyFantasy12
      @godlyfantasy12

And….ermm, well I don’t have the best handwriting or art skills, so that’s a bit worrisome, but I’m hoping to get by with some doodles and maybe some sticker templates or something 🤷🏻‍♀️

I am super excited to get to use some washi tape tho (love washi tape!! Asked for some in my stocking) And having a different theme each month is gonna be sooooo fun! I hope it’ll help keep me on schedule for different things. I really need to get a schedule for writing and other stuff, but the way everything works with my fam that can be tough, and whenever I try I either don’t stick to it or I get thrown off.

Any tips on scheduling would also be appreciated 😅 I don’t think word count works for me when it comes to writing schedules, I think I’ll be more suited for giving specific time (20 minutes to 1 hour or so) to writing and because sometimes idk what the day will hold, I just write when I feel like it.

Anyone else have this problem??

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
        #ProtectMarcel
        #ProtectSeb

Linyang Zhang
        @devastate-lasting
          • Total Posts: 1700

@godlyfantasy12 Friend, is this forum psychic or something, because right as I opened up KP, I had numerous tabs right next to it called “how to bullet journal”. See, some family friends gave me a dotted journal several years ago, which I’ve been just using to scribble down random things and events, but since several of my friends have really pretty bullet journals, I woke up this morning thinking, “Why not?”

And, like you, I decided that it would probably be best to start in the new year. See, every year, I like to write down what I’m gonna do this year but it’s always on scrap paper, so I thought it might be nice to keep to-do lists in a journal instead.

Honestly though, my biggest worry is that this will take up too much time that I could be using for writing, haha. But yea. Oh, and here’s a WikiHow article on how to do bullet journaling; it might help…?

https://www.wikihow.com/Bullet-Journal

Lately, it's been on my brain
          Would you mind letting me know
          If hours don't turn into days

GodlyFantasy12
          @godlyfantasy12

@devastate-lasting

Thx and lol! There’s a lot YouTube videos out there too on bullet journaling, including some for writers.

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
            #ProtectMarcel
            #ProtectSeb

Kathleen
            @kathleenramm
              • Total Posts: 635

@godlyfantasy12

I love bullet journaling! I’ve been doing it for a couple of years now, and it’s the perfect mashup of both my love for organization and doodling! Plus, they’re super fun to look back on and remeber where you were years ago.

My favorite bullet journaling YouTuber is AmandaRachLee. She’s great if you want some bullet journal ideas and ispiration.

Yup! Can totally relate to the writing schedual thing. I usually block out about an hour of time early in the morning for writing. Whether that be writing hundreds of words or just daydreaming about stories. Both count as writing for me. XD

GodlyFantasy12
              @godlyfantasy12

@kathleenramm

Yes!! I’ve watched some of her videos! She’s awesome! And thanks!

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                #ProtectMarcel
                #ProtectSeb

Elizabeth
                @lewilliams
                  • Total Posts: 252

@godlyfantasy12 Did somebody say…bullet journaling??

I’ve been bullet journaling since ca. June 2019, and oh my goodness it has helped me so much. Like you and @kathleenramm, I love amandarachlee (and may or may not have drawn heavy inspiration from her for my monthly themes, oops).

When it comes to scheduling, my #1 tip would be not to work too hard on making a perfect schedule your first time around. With bullet journaling, like a lot of other things in life, there’s a lot of trial and error involved. Something that’s worked for me in the past (especially in times I had a weird or changing schedule) is to write out a routine of source rather than a time-specific schedule. Like, “alright, I’m going to do dishes, fold laundry, go for a run, and squeeze in some writing time before class starts.” Another thing that has also really helped is to block off times that you already know you will be busy and figure out where your free time is. (Which is…a really confusing way to phrase that. Basically what I mean is, if you have, say, a class from 9-10 every other day, write that down in your schedule first. Figure out when you usually eat lunch, and write that down. Then, once you have your constants, you can work in other things around that.)

Whew, that was a little convoluted, but I hope it helped 😀 Personally, I always hated schedules growing up, especially when I was in high school. Bullet journaling helped me learn that I don’t have to be super strict about it–I could still be flexible, but also organize my life a little better. You know?

Also, I love the Happy Planners! I had one a few years ago, but that was before I really knew what I wanted out of a planner and subsequently didn’t use it much. *single tear* And yes!! Washi tape is my favorite thing <3 Pro tip: they usually sell big packs of them at Michael’s or Hobby Lobby, and you can stock up pretty fast that way. *guilty look at my growing collection of pretty washi tape*

“Seven seconds till the end. Time enough for you. Perhaps. But what will you do with it?”

GodlyFantasy12
                  @godlyfantasy12

@lewilliams

Thx for the tips! And if I get my bullet journal for Christmas I may post a pic of it on here! Because I’m obsessed with my own WIPs I’ll probably do monthly themes based around that or around the washi tape I wanna use XD)

So funny story-

I go to Hobby Lobby fairly often. Maybe not all the time but more often then some might. Anyway, I always figured the washi tape would be with the deco ducktape, ya know? So every time I’d go, they’d have no washi tape I wanted and I was like “Man!!”

……………..

So the other day we went and guess what. I discovered my whole life has been a lie (overdramatization XD) and I found that the Washi tape was, indeed, in a different part of Hobby Lobby.

Oh, and not one set of washi tape. Oh no no no! MULTIPLE SETS OF STINKING WASHI TAPE THAT I HAD MISSED EVERY TIME I WENT LOOKING FOR SOME AT HOBBY LOBBY (unless they were specials in a different place)

😑😑😑😑😑🤦🏻‍♀️

Oh yea. And my mom knew this and was like “Yea?” And I was like “SERIOUSLY?!?!”

Needless to say I did buy a little thing of 2 washi tapes (cuz it matches the planner/journal I’m hoping to get fairly well)

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                    #ProtectMarcel
                    #ProtectSeb

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  >