Short Story Secret Santa? (Idea)

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Short Story Secret Santa? (Idea)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Elizabeth
    @lewilliams
      • Total Posts: 252

Hello dear friends!

First of all, my heartiest apologies to anyone I was in the midst of a conversation with and never replied to. You see, I’ve just experienced this really rare phenomenon called “finals week” and its even rarer successor, “recovering from finals week.” Not sure if anyone’s ever heard of it. 😛

Second of all, I have an idea (inspired by something I participated in on a different writing forum) that I wanted to gauge interest in: would anyone be interested in a Secret Santa-style short story exchange? (Try saying that three times fast!)

The basic idea is this: I gather info on interested parties and assign everyone a person who they will write a short story for. (Secretly, of course.) Then, when the day of the exchange arrives, everyone who participated receives an email with their short story gift in it. Since Christmas is in *checks watch* 10 days, I also thought it would be nice to have the exchange happen sometime in mid- to late January. Since the time post-Christmas-festivities can be a bit gloomy in my experience, it’s nice to have something to look forward to, you know?

As of now this is just an idea–I know everyone’s probably quite busy this time of year, so perhaps now isn’t the greatest time for it. Let me know what y’all think! 😀

“Seven seconds till the end. Time enough for you. Perhaps. But what will you do with it?”

GodlyFantasy12
      @godlyfantasy12
        • Total Posts: 6645

@lewilliams

This is such a fun and cute idea!!
        I do have to say, however, I probably won’t be participating for 3 reasons-

1. Short stories aren’t really my thing.
        2. I have to ask permission to email ppl so idk if that would work.
        3. It’s hard making myself write in my WIP XD

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
        #ProtectMarcel
        #ProtectSeb

Jenna Terese
        @jenwriter17
          • Total Posts: 2522

@lewilliams This is such a cool idea! But, sadly, I am taking a break from writing for a bit to avoid burnout after all I did during the year. But I’ll tag a bunch more people for ya 🙂

@seekjustice
          @alia @rochellaine @dekreel @dragon-snapper @devastate-lasting @kathleenramm @gracie-j @e-k-seaver @annika-c @nova21 @mayajoelle @erinramm @skredder

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
          www.jennaterese.com

Linyang Zhang
          @devastate-lasting
            • Total Posts: 1700

@lewilliams This sounds like a great idea! As I already have started several short stories I’d be glad to participate.

Lately, it's been on my brain
            Would you mind letting me know
            If hours don't turn into days

Gracie J.
            @gracie-j
              • Total Posts: 1789

@lewilliams COUNT ME IN!! Love this idea!

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

Kathleen
              @kathleenramm
                • Total Posts: 635

@lewilliams

This is an awesome idea! I’ve been in sort of a short story writing spree the past couple months so this is perfect. And doing this post Christmas is also a great idea to have something to look forward to, (and give us more time to write the short stories). XD

R.M. Archer
                @r-m-archer
                  • Total Posts: 243

@lewilliams *squints* What writing forum? ‘Cause this is something one of my writing groups does every year, too, lol.

Speculative fiction author. Mythology nerd. Singer. Worldbuilding enthusiast.

Gracie J.
                  @gracie-j
                    • Total Posts: 1789

@lewilliams We are still on for this, right? I mean, I know you’ve only got, like, five participants, but hey! Better than none!

@scoutfinch180
                    @annika-c @libby @writerlexi1216 Any of y’all interested??

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

Libby
                    @libby
                      • Total Posts: 59

@gracie-j Thanks for tagging me.  I’m up for participating if this is going to happen : )

Elen síla lúmenn' omentielvo

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    >